Contact Me






Sunday, August 12, 2012

Madrina's Ice Cream Review, Rebate and Promotion

Madrina's Ice Cream

I recently was introduced to Madrina's ice cream.  All I can say is, "Wow!"

I picked up four flavors at Shop 'n Save, came home and lined them up on the counter, got spoons out, and we all started to dig in.  My kids and husband thought I had lost my mind.  I never (at least when I am present) allow anyone to eat or drink out of the carton.  But, why not when we are taste testing?  In a couple of bites, we all knew Madrina's Ice Cream  was going to be a new family favorite.

Mango Mango -  Mango Flavored Ice Cream with Mango Flavored Swirls.  My seventeen-year-old's favorite.   This ice cream really tastes like mangoes. The flavor makes me think of sherbet with an ice cream texture. I have never bought mangoes, but after eating Mango Mango, he asked me to buy some.  I can't disagree -  I hope fresh mangoes are as good as the ice cream.

Pina Riz  - Pineapple flavored Ice Cream and Raspberry Flavored Swirls.  This is hubby's favorite flavor.  He's not much of a fruit eater, so Mango Mango was a bit too flavorful for him. He likes the lighter fruity taste better. And, he doesn't like his coffee cold.

Cafe con Leche - Blend of Coffee and Cream. My twenty-year-old's favorite.  He lives on coffee to get through college, so why not get that coffee flavor in his ice cream, too.  His only disappointment is that Madrina's is not yet sold in Minneapolis.

Espresso con Chocolate - Roasted Espresso Ice Cream with Chocolate Swirls. This was my favorite.   If you love strong coffee with your chocolate, you would love this flavor, too.

Madrina's has two flavors I didn't find at my Shop 'n Save  - Horchata Swirl and Coconut. We can't wait to try those.


Shop 'n Save Tasting Events and Promotions 12 - 5 pm

Find Madrina's Ice Cream in St Louis at Shop 'n Save (now $2.88 for 56 oz)  and Dierbergs (now $1.50 for pints.)

If you would like to taste Madrina's Ice Cream, there are several upcoming tasting events at Shop 'n Save.  Besides tasting, you can score a B1G1 deal.  That makes them just $1.44 for 56 oz.  Then head over to Madrina's Facebook page and print out a Mail-In Rebate for Buy 4 Get 2 Free!

Saturday, August 18th  Maplewood & Chippewa -   I'll be at the Maplewood store at 1:00 pm until at least 2:00 to meet and great shoppers.

Sunday, August 19th -  St Ann  -  Plus meet Lea from The Krazy Koupon Queen from 1-2 pm.

Saturday, August 25th - Ellisville and Harvester - Plus meet Stacy from Couponista Queen at the Harvester store from 1-2 pm

Sunday, August 26th - South Lindberg and Collinsville Road


A little Bit About Madrina's
  • Latin Flavors - Madrina's Ice Cream was created to celebrate fun, extraordinary, multicultural flavor experiences in ice cream
  • Local Company - Madrina's Brand was founded by Rich Davis of St Louis.  He runs the company with his sons Justin and Alex out of their office in Chesterfield
  • Launched - May 2012
  • Other Madrina's Products - Cafe Mocha, Cafe Vanilla and Cafe con Leche Iced Coffee
  • Currently sold only in Midwest - St Louis, Kansas City, Omaha, Memphis, Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Chicago.


Full disclosure:  I have been compensated by Madrina's to review their ice cream and appear at the tasting.  As always, opinions are my own. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment