Contact Me






Sunday, September 27, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 9/28/09

We have two potluck picnics this week. Ever since picnic season started, I've taken Rice Krispie treats to every group picnic I've gone to. I love having the all-but-free Rice Krispies, and even better, I don't have to think about what to take. I wonder how long it will take before anyone notices I always bring these? Or maybe they already call me the Rice Krispie Treat lady.

Monday: Swedish meatballs with cream gravy, mashed potatoes, lingonberry preserves

Tuesday: Fajitas

Wednesday: School picnic - I'll take Rice Krispie Treats

Thursday: Pork tenderloin, hash browns, cauliflower, homemade applesauce

Friday: Blueberry pancakes, bacon, orange juice

Saturday: Chili, corn bread, apple slices

Sunday: Neighborhood Oktoberfest - I'll take Rice Krispie Treats

If you would like more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

9 comments:

  1. There are worse nicknames than the Rice Krispie Treat lady! ;)

    Mmm, I love swedish meatballs. I don't get to make them often because DH doesn't like things in sauce, but he may have to suck it up next week, they sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rice Kripsie Treat Lady! lol My mom used to be called the Cable Lady because she worked at the local Time Warner Cable office for 24 years.
    Hmm, Swedish Meatballs sound yummy. My husband would definitely love these!
    You have some yummy recipes planned.
    I love MPM. I get so much inspiration from the participants.
    Well, I'm listening to The Closer episodes online. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked the Swedish meatballs and cream gravy mix up at Ikea in Minneapolis when we were there around the first of the month. I am kicking myself that I didn't pick up more of the cream gravy mix than I did.

    I might have a worse nickname than Rice Krispie Treat Lady - especially with cashier who don't like to deal with coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rice Krispie Treat Lady! That's awesome. I've got to plan pancakes for dinner sometime; we never have time to make them for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deana - We never have time to cook at breakfast either - even on the weekends. Breakfast for dinner is always a treat at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, I have one thing that I bring to those things as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zonnah - You didn't tell us what your thing was. I might need a new idea next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please come join me for Crock Pot Wednesday at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Mister Linky is up and ready for your favorite slow cooker recipe. Come check it out. Thanks. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great menu plan! Come on over and play along with us at the Krazy Kitchen! :-)

    ReplyDelete