Contact Me






Friday, July 9, 2010

Saved 76% This Week

I ending up cherry picking at quite a few stores this week. I hadn't shopped much the last few weeks, but sure made up for it this week. It would drive me crazy to shop this many stores each week, but I spread it out over several days. It wasn't as bad as it looks.


Walgreens
I started the week with a $5 Register Reward, did two transactions, and ended up with $6 in Register Rewards.

Before Sales & Coupons: $28.94
Spent: $0.36
Saved: $28.58 for 99% Savings

Target
I spent a $5 Giftcard I received a few weeks ago. I could hardly believe it when I found Pepperidge Farm Deli Flats on the shelf.

Before Sales & Coupons: $20.03
Spent: $0.69
Saved: $19.34 for 97% Savings

DEAL$
I'm going to like DEAL$ accepting coupons - if they continue to have deals like $1 Cascade.

Comparable Schnucks price; $24.14
Spent: $3.00
Saved: $21.14 for 88% Savings

Schnucks

When I finally got back to Schnucks to use my free Ponzu Sauce coupon when I bought Kikkoman, the cashier never questioned it. My phone call to Customer Relations did make a difference.

I split this purchase into three transactions, so I could roll the Catalina coupons from Kikkoman and Oscar Mayer lunchmeat.

Before Sales & Coupons: $32.20
Spent: $6.32
Saved: $25.88 for 80%

Dierbergs - 2 trips

I hadn't picked up pork steaks for the holiday, so I went to Dierbergs last weekend, and then again on Thursday for their 3 day sale. I loved using the $1 Nabisco coupons at I founde at Schnucks.

Before Sales & Coupons: $63.98
Spent: $25.94
Saved: $38.94 for 59% savings

Aldi
Comparable Schnucks Price: $8.00
Spent: $4.00
Saved $4.00 of 50% Savings

Johnny's Market
I went to visit a friend in South County this week, so I had to make a stop at Johnny's to use the $1 off produce coupon before it expired.

Comparable Schnucks price: $6.42
Spent: $3.68
Saved: $2.74 for 43% Savings

My Splurge
Tuscan bread and organic celery at Whole Foods $5.78


Weekly Totals
Before Sales & Coupons: $183.71
Spent: $43.99
Saved: $139.72 for 76% Savings

Year To Date Totals
Spent: $1085.56
($41 weekly average)
Saved: $3450.78 ($127 weekly average)

Splurge Funds: $245.81

For those who don't read my blog on a regular basis, my splurge funds are the difference between what I've actually spent and my $50 budget. I use it for those items I never find on sale or that I don't have coupons for.

14 comments:

  1. Looks great! What Target did you find the PF Deli Flats? They are on sale again this week and I would love to get some if the coupons are still good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts the same as JB. I would love to find the deli flats. Also, Jeri, what do you do for breakfast and lunches during the week. Does this $50 compromise all meals your family eats. And, do you have a separate budget for eating out? If so how much/often. I am trying to compare our intake/savings to yours. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi JB - I found the Deli Flats at the Hampton Village Target Friday afternoon.

    Hi Rhonda - There is three of us - myself, husband and teenaged son. My $50 budget pretty much covers everything. We do eat out once every couple of week, but have recently been using those 1/2 price deals. I don't include that in my $50's. And, we don't go to expensive resturants.

    We arent' breakfast eaters. Yes, I know - not the healthiest. My husband usually takes leftovers for his lunch for when he's going to be in the office. During the school year my son buys lunch at school out of his allowance. I snack on whatevers around for my lunch and pretty much the same for my son during the summer.

    That leaves me to plan dinner only. With my son being gone so much this summer, we have consumed much less food in our household lately.

    Hope this helps. But, keep in mind every families situation and needs are different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make sure you get a raincheck for the deli flats if they are out. That's what I did a week or two ago. Takes some of the pressure off for having to get back there right away!

    ~Staci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeri,

    I can see how having your son away lowers the food bill. And, shame on you about breakfast. That is an essential meal of the day. I do toast and fruit. It is a great way to start the day.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. For breakfast and with his coffee, my hubby eats in this order: a 3rd of a bowl of raisin bran mixed in with milk, mini wheats with a banana and a 3rd of a bowl of oatmeal mixed in with milk, EVERYDAY. Oh, he skips eating one of these when he's running late for his work but it rarely happens. I don't know how he is able to eat all of this for breakfast because I can only drink coffee and just sometimes with a few pieces of crackers/mini wheats. I think some are born and trained to eat healthy breakfast. Unluckily, am also not one of them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops... *not a 3rd but a half of a bowl of oatmeal :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Staci - Will your Target issue a rain check for a TPC (Temporary Pice Cut). Mime won't and I just assumed no Target would. Does yours do something different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rhonday - Yes, Mom. :) I know I should eat breakfast.

    Hi Coupon.girl - I'm like you. Coffee in the morning. I'm not sure it's trained to eat breakfast. As a kid, I wouldn't have dared to leave the house in the morning if I hadn't eaten breakfast. I did a great job making sure my kids had breakfast when they were little, but middle school killed that. When they have to leave before for school 7 am. , you are lucky to get out of bed and through the shower. Breakfast becomes a distant memory.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, you didn't put in the garden fresh and free cilantro and jalapeno peppers and lettuce. :)Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nancy - Opps! Next time I bring home garden goodies from your house, I'll make sure I take a picture and included them in my post. We enjoyed the lettuce.

    Schnucks has Grande chips on sale for $2. I need to get out and get some to make some salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nancy! Are you the one with that cool veggies garden? Sorry, am bad with names and I forgot to bookmark your site. Am curious how your spinach are doing. I wonder if it's good to plant one in a pot?!? No more space in our tiny veggies garden for it. Next year, God willing, we'll try to fit one in. :) Love to read more tips from your site. Please share it here again. TIA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi coupon.girl - I'll answer for Nancy. I don't know if she always reads the comments. The Nancy I got my veggies from doesn't have a web site.

    Are you thinking of Mrs. Fisher's Finding or The Jenny Pincher. I know they post pictures about their gardens. I love looking at them too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Breakfast is my least favorite meal of the day, I dont really like typical breakfast foods. I usually just have cereal on my work days since it's fast. I actually prefer lunch-type foods for breakfast so on my days off I have chicken tenders or a burger for "lunch" no matter what time I get up.

    ReplyDelete