Contact Me






Friday, August 27, 2010

Saved 60% This Week

Once again, I didn't shop much this week. I can't blame it on the weather - it was gorgeous. Maybe I just got out of the habit of shopping. My stockpiles are starting to dwindle, so I had better get back in the mood soon.

Shop 'n Save
I don't usually shop at Shop 'n Save unless they offer the $10 off $50, but I didn't want to pass up the cheap veggies and the Ball Park Franks deal for free Doritos. That deal was great timing with the $2 Ball Park coupon.

Before sales & coupons: $15.60
Spent: $4.17
Saved $11.43 for 73% savings

Dierbergs
The one day sale must have been crazy at Dierbergs. I didn't get to the store until after 7:00 Thursday evening, and they were out of many of the great deals. You have to love Dierbergs - even though their ad states "while supplies last," they were handing out rainchecks and even had them ready when you got to the Customer Service desk.

I had planned on spending quite a bit more, but since they ran out of what was on my list, it's nice they were so accommodating and are storing them for me for a while.

Before sales & coupons: $71.30
Spent: $27.69
Saved: $43.61 for 61% savings

Aldi
Comparable Schnucks price: $16.05
Spent: $9.64
Saved: $6.51 for 41% savings

Weekly Totals
Before sales & coupons: $102.95
Spent: $41.40
Saved: $61.55 for 60% savings

Year to Date Totals
Spent: $1,361.94
($40 weekly average)
Saved: $4076.84 ($120 weekly average)

Splurge Funds: $329.32

For those who don't read my blog on a regular basis, my splurge funds are the difference between what I've actually spent and my $50 budget. I use it for those items I never find on sale or that I don't have coupons for.

6 comments:

  1. It must be in the air. I haven't been in the mood to shop for weeks now. Plus, no good coupons + no good sales = No shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffany - And I thought it was just me. September is National Coupon Month. Lets hope for some good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tiffany: Me, too. :I

    @ Ms. Jeri: Same "hopes" here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have enough for a freezer. I was just looking at some of the ads for appliances and thought of you. I, sadly, have to buy a new stove b/c mine caught on fire and died whilst trying to bake a birthday cake. We are reduced to an ailing toaster oven, microwave or the grill. At least we've had great weather for the grill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marcella - That must have been one heck of a birthday cake. Was it just your oven or did you have lots of other damage?

    Going to buy the freezer has been on our to-do list for the last few weekends. We neve seem to find the time. Hopefully, we can work it in this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just been "cherry picking" for the past several months. I cant remember the last time my grocery total was over $20 before coupons. I miss big grocery trips, I actually enjoy grocery shopping.

    I've been without an oven for 6 months now and havent missed it much. I've learned I can make most of everything I like on the stovetop or microwave. But I do miss frozen pizza.

    ReplyDelete