Contact Me






Friday, February 1, 2013

Dierbergs and Do Not Double Coupons



Dierbergs Coupon Policy - February 2013

Dierbergs coupon policy is to NOT  double coupons marked "not to be doubled” or “do not double.”  Although, most coupon marked that way will double at Dierbergs,  unless they have been coded not to.  But, some diligent cashiers, that read every coupon, might override the doubling of this type of coupon.

A Dierbergs Facebook fan, asked what the policy was with "do not double coupons."  Before Dierbergs answered the question, other fans started chiming in - they doubled mine, they wouldn't double mine, it shouldn't depend on the cashier,  Schnucks will double them ....

Finally, late yesterday afternoon, they answered the question.

"Our normal policy is that coupons marked “not to be doubled” or “do not double” per the manufacturer’s request will be taken at face value. 

However, during this promotion, they SHOULD double. If you have any questions or troubles, please talk to the manager on duty."

This is good news for the shopper.  I hope the "message" has filtered down to all Dierbergs employees.  


13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info. I have a few DND coupons that I'd been putting off using. I may use them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm glad to see Dierbergs addressing this issue. I hope they take a look at what is happening every other week with these coupons. I agree with the Facebook fan that said, "It shouldn't depend on the cashier."

      Besides the customer feeling like it's the luck of the draw, if their cashier will let them double or not, it's not fair for the employee to have to read every coupon. We all know how it's so easy to miss some bit of info. It's not like any coupon is printed in a font that is big enough to read with a quick glance.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Jeri!!! This drove me nuts yesterday, it has to be consistent or else shoppers can't plan and it makes for a frustrating experience. I may go back to my Dierberg's and talk to the customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. does schnucks double the do not double coupons?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do the ones starting with 9 still double at Schnucks for this promo? I have a couple random ones (home mailed from companies) coded w/ the 9 saying DND, but now I'm curious. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tara - I've really not paid attention to how the coupons are coded, but I know if a coupon doesn't double correctly, the cashiers will fix it. Most of them are fairly careful and watch each coupon.

      Delete
  5. I have some .55 hang tags from Mt. Olive pickles. They did not automatically double. The cashier took care of it for me. But I had not been watching I would not have known. I try to always watch just in case one doesn't double.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry forgot to say that was at Schnucks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the info. I've had that issue every time there is a super douple coupon at Dierbergs. The self serve machines always double so I usually head there first!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering why the manufacturers even care if a grocery store or retailer doubles their coupon...does anyone know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read but don't know if there is any truth to this - At one point stores were expecting the manufacturer to reimburse them for the total doubled coupon amount. Some manufacturers added Do Not Double on the coupons to be clear they didn't pay for anything but the face value of the coupon.

      Delete
  9. Much better experience at Deirbergs with this round of coupons with the clearer policy. Everything doubled just fine...yay for Facebook!

    ReplyDelete