Contact Me






Friday, April 5, 2013

Farm Rich Recalls Snack Products over E. coli Concerns


Farm Rich Snacks Recall - April 2013

Check your freezer for Farm Rich products.

Rich Products Corporation which previously announced a voluntary recall of certain Farm Rich and Market Day products is expanding its voluntary recall to include all products produced at its Waycross, Georgia plant with “Best By” dates ranging from January 1, 2013 to September 29, 2014 due to possible contamination with Escherichia coli O121 bacteria (“E. coli O121”).  The expanded recall is in addition to products recalled on March 28, 2013.  See Farm Rich's Press release for more details and specific Product information.

If you purchased Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites at Schnuck, you may return the product to the store for a full refund. If you purchased your Farm Rich products elsewhere, contact the store you purchased them at or contact Farm Rich.

4 comments:

  1. Well crap....I couponed 6 bags of these at Schnucks....don't have the receipts...I'll call them this weekend and see if I can just bring them back. What the heck, figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If an item is recalled, I don't think you'll need a receipt to return them.

      The last think Schnucks needs now is for someone to get sick eating something purchased at their store - they've been there done that last year with the salad bar.

      Delete
    2. I took the bags back yesterday....they were nice about it, but they only had a recall notice for the mozzerella bites type...I had all different types and showed them the press release on my phone that said as of 4/5 to recall all types between those dates. After that they returned them. They understood, that I just didn't want to chance it. I did turn around and spend the money again on some groceries anyways :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks for sharing your experience. I love having my phone at the store for when this type of thing happens.

      Delete