Contact Me






Saturday, July 25, 2009

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of July 26th

I have a family of four, so I purchase a Sunday paper for each person in the family (more if it's a great coupon weekend). Four coupons seems to be a good number for me to get lots of great deals.

Take a look at this week's Walgreens coupon match-ups for details on where to find the coupons.

Transaction #1
Purchase (2) Listerine Total Care $8.00 -use (2) $2 coupons
Purchase (2) Mars Candy Bars .98 - use $1 coupon & in-ad coupon
= $3.98 out of pocket + $3 Register Reward

Transaction #2
Purchase (6) Mars Candy Bars $2.94 - use (3) $1 coupon & in-ad coupon
Purchase (4) Starbucks Frappaccino $5 - use (4) $1 coupons & in-ad coupon
Purchase (4) Wrigley's Gums $5.38 - use (4) $1 coupons
Purchase (2) Scotch Bubble Mailers .78 - use in-ad coupon
Purchase (2) Elmer's Glue .78 - use in-ad coupon
Use $3 Register Reward from Listerine
= .88 out of pocket

Merchandise purchased
8 Mars Candy Bars
2 bottles of Listerine
4 bottles of Starbucks Frappuccino
4 3-packs of Wrigley's Gum
2 Scotch Bubble Mailers
2 bottles of Elmer's Glue

Price of merchandise before coupons & sales: $43.11
Total out of pocket: $4.86 for 89 % savings

Check out other $5 scenarios at Keeping the Kingdom First.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an FYI.:) I was "google-ing" for a coupon for a Hershey Bliss dark chocolate to pair with my Target IP coupon when I came upon a blogsite about a "Walgreens $3 Colgate toothpaste AND toothbrush coupon" on coupon.com using 85031 zip code. Didn't find what I'm looking for in the first place though. Instead found something else to use for after my chocolate eating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, coupon.girl!

    I'm hoping for a money-making deal with this coupon. I'm off to pick up my free candy bars at Walgreens now.

    I'll check some of the Walgreen preview and see if I can come up with a great deal for this coupon later today. I'm off to shop.

    ReplyDelete