Contact Me






Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Schnucks Deals: 8/16/10 - 8/22/10


I read in the Post-Dispatch that Schnucks is closing one of their Memphis area stores. With ads like the one this week, you don't have to wonder why. Maybe they should advertise their best deals.

The best deals at Schnucks never get advertised. If you find a great deal, please leave a comment.

Remember:
1. Schnucks doubles coupons .40 and less in the St. Louis area.
2. Limit of 15 coupons doubled.
3. Ask for a rain check if they are out of a sale item.
4. On a B1G1 sales you have to buy two to get the deal.
5. Items on a 10/$10 sale ring up $1 each. You don't have to buy 10.

I only highlight the best deals. Take a look at Schnucks full ad HERE.


:: Coupon Match Ups ::

Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits - $1.25
.30 off 2 Pillsbury Grands! printable coupon HERE and HERE and HERE (doubled)
Final price: .95 each wyb 2

Chex Mix - $1.50
.50 off Chipolte Cheddar, Sour Cream & Onion or BBQ Chex Mix printable coupon
.50 off Chocolate Chex Mix printable coupon
.50 off Sweet & Salty Chex Mix - 8/8/10 GM
Final price: $1 each

Progresso Soup - $1.33
.50 off 2 Progresso Soup printable coupon HERE and HERE
.50 off 2 - 8/8/10 GM
Final price: $1.08 each wyb 2

Jay's Old Fashioned Kettle Cooked or Big J Potato Chips - $1.67
$1 off 2 - 5/9/10 SS
Final price: $1.17 each

Betty Crocker Fruit Roll-Ups, Fruit by the Foot or Gushers
- $1.50
.50 off 2 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks printable coupon HERE and HERE and HERE
.50 off 2 - 8/8/10 GM
Final price: $1.25 each wyb 2

Pillsbury Sweet Rolls - $1.67
.40 off 2 Pillsbury Sweet Rolls printable coupon HERE and HERE and HERE (doubled)
.40 off 2 - 8/8/10 GM
Final price: $1.27 each wyb 2

Pillsbury Crescent Rolls - $1.67
.40 off 2 - 6/27/10 SS (doubled)
Final price: $1.27 each wyb 2

Pillsbury Pizza Crust or Bread - $1.67
.40 off 2 Pillsbury Italian Meal Breads printable coupon HERE and HERE (doubled)
.40 off 2 - 8/8/10 GM
Final price: $1.27 each wyb 2

B1G1 Ball Park Franks - $3.69
Regular, Lite or Bun Size
.75 off 2 - 8/1/10 RP
Final price: $1.47 each wyb 2

Old Orchard Healthy Balance Juice - $2
$1 off 2 Old Orchard Healthy Balance printable coupon
Final price: $1.50 each wyb 2

Red Baron Single Serve Pizzas - $2.50
$1 off Red Baron Pizza by the Slice 6/6/10 SS (if included)
$1 off 2 - 8/1/10 SS
Final price: $1.50 to $2 each


:: Other Good Deals ::

Natural Fresh Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts - $1.99 lb.
Bone-In Assorted Loin Pork Chops - $1.99 lb.

18 comments:

  1. Hi All--Do not forget Progresso Soup has a cat deal--should be working a Schnucks 8/9 - 9/5, B4 G1, B6 G2 & B8 + G3. =) Recent insert coupon was -.50/2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Columbia MO and went to a Hy Vee. Man are they an awesome store. I asked the manager if they would ever come to St. Louis and she said no because Dierbergs has the market saturated. I was surprised she didn't say anything about Schnucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda--I was in a HyVee in Galesburg IL in 2001 and loved it then--that was before coupon days-I'm sure we would all love one now. I enjoyed the food court setup. I just wish the stores over here would double Qs up to .50 like in MO. =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeri, I so love your candid remarks:) I felt the same way about the ad this week...after last week's major stock-up, I'm probably only going to buy dairy, bread, and some produce this week. Sounds like an 'Aldi-only' week for us. Don't you love that advantage of stocking up with coupons....no longer a slave to the stores each week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tidy cat litter 10 pound bags are B1G1 free. Yippppeee!! Other than that, nothing for me.
    I miss the good old days when I got excited about grocery ads. Dont know if I just always have an adequate stockpile, or if I've gotten more frugal so I wont pay higher prices. But there is hardly ever anything good in the ads anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Janet! If anyone tries or sees signage for a Progresso Cat at Schnucks, please let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet & Lynda - You make me homesick when you mention Hy Vee. I haven't lived in Iowa in over 20 years, and still miss "The V".

    Come on Hy Vee, you are an Iowa company. You know the saying "If you build it, they will come."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melissa - I do love having a stockpile. If I don't feel like going to the store, I don't have to exept for a few perishables.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi CJ - I feel the same way. I couldn't even get too excited about SNS deals last week. I'm spoiled with great deals and expect them every week, or I don't want to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its hard to get excited about groceries here when I see stores on blogs in other areas having megasales, double and triple coupons, lots of B1G1s and way lower prices than we have. At least we get the same Walgreens and CVS deals as other areas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went today to Schnuck's this a.m. to use up a $10 catalina and they wouldn't let me use the ballpark coupon! So of course I didn't get the hot dogs. I did get Progesso soup; here's the deal: Buy 4 G$1, buy 6 get $2 & buy 8 or more get $3. Goes until 9/5.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi kngswim - Thanks a bunch for the Progresso Cat info.

    They wouldn't let you use the .75 off any 2 Ball Park product coupon? What was up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. About the .75 off any 2 Ball Park product coupon. Some Schnuck's stores require that you actually "pay" for both products in order to redeem the coupon, so B1G1 free is only paying for one product!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patty - I wonder why? The store would still get reinbursed for the coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jeri,

    My question exactly! I guess it depends on the store and how they interpret their coupon policy! Doesn't seem right, does it? I've had them turned down also; and other times they take the coupon for the "free" item.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patty - I've gotten into the habit of contacting Schnucks Customer Relations department everytime I have a question about how a cashier handled my coupons. They will contact the store if the coupon was not handled correctly. I'm sure the cashiers get very little training to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  17. At one time Schnucks was in the KC area. The chain could never take away market share from Price Chopper. Also back around Schnucks selling out, the employees of KC area grocery chains voted to decertified union represenatation. As I recall, Price Chopper employees were the last to take these actions.

    http://www.schnucks.com/pressreleases/19970809-KCDivest.html

    Note the Schnucks in Columbia, MO is a union shop, while the Bettendorf, IA isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the info kas. I always wondered how Hy Vee ended up in KC.

    ReplyDelete