Contact Me






Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Janet's Shop 'n Save Pictures

As anyone who reads the comments on my Shop 'n Save posts knows, Janet is an expert when it come to Shop 'n Save. She was so kind and took pictures of her purchases from last Thursday and sent them to me to post. You can click on the picture to see it in a larger size.

Thank you Janet for sharing your pics and knowledge with all of us.


9/2/10 SNS trip

I am going to try and keep it simple, list all the basics and then maybe we can discuss any questions that come up. Knowing that Labor Day brings good sales, I started planning last month and with the last minute deals that came up some plans changed
.






I am going to list all items purchased then each transactions total. This was seven (7) trips and each beginning total was a little over $50.00 each time. I heavily stocked up on some items and was able to get other items that I actually needed now (kitty litter, etc).

10 20 oz Cokes
32 Cans of Progresso Soup
15 Bags Kraft Shredded cheeses
5 blocks Kraft cheese
7 Betty Crocker Potato Pouches
6 Libby's Green Beans
3 Libby's Sweet Peas
4 Johnsonville Smoked Cheddar Brats
9 Toaster Strudels
3 Pillsbury Sweet Moments
1 pk Celery Hearts
1 jar Taco Bell Sauce
3 pks Ribs (6.21, 5.75 & 5.58)
1 pk Ribeyes (13.42)
1 pk Ground Beef(4.98)
1 jug Tidy Kitty Litter
6 cans Purina kitty food
10 Purina Friskies kitty treats
1 pk Dixie bath cups
1 box Quaker oatmeal
1 box Entemanns donuts
1 Almond Snicker Bar
AND 60 12 pks Varies soda (Coke, Pepsi, Sprite etc.)

Transaction #1 $1.57
Transaction #2 $1.04
Transaction #3 $1.79
Transaction #4 $1.70
Transaction #5 $3.07
Transaction #6 $7.85
Transaction #7 $5.16

Started with $23.00 in Cats
OOP: $22.18 (7.76 was tax)
Have $17.00 in Cats left to roll and play over the next week =)

Picture #1 (Back of truck) shows transactions 1-5
Picture #2 (kitchen counter) shows transactions 6 & 7

Almost every item had a coupon to go with it. I have only been couponing since 2008 and only within the last year I have been able to make the most out of my Shop n Save trips when they have a -$10 off $50 Thursday. I buy one newspaper a week, get a few from people I know and I trade for others.

Also some of you might be able to go outside the box and barter for items you need. In picture #3 there is 15 lbs of ground beef and six dozen farm fresh eggs that I was able to barter my extra items (ziplock bags, conditioner, cheese nips and Emerald peanuts) to a lady we know who owns a farm. =)

My plans are by far not perfect but they work for my families needs.

10 comments:

  1. WOW! You did great! Thanks for all your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hearty WOW and thanks for sharing! And great idea to barter for such useful items using your stash. Confession...I *may* have sent my hubby to SNS on Thursday morning for a couple transactions while I was in the hospital in the early stages of labor;) Yeah, it was just too good to skip out on! (No worries, she didn't arrive until Friday night, so he didn't miss anything!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Janet!!

    Congratulations Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet--I am so impressed! You must use mycokerewards for free 12 packs, I can't figure out how you did it. Melissa--you are a true die-hard if you were in labor. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, super impressive...I don't even know what to say.

    Melissa you sound like me! In July when they had the mega soda sale around the 4th, I was sent from my OB to labor and delivery bc of pre-e symptoms and was sent home on bedrest (which was a couple weeks before I had the bambino). I begged hubby to stop at SNS on the way home (I promised to use a wheely cart) to pick up some soda, free brats, lloyds bbq, and free country crock lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet, that's amazing!

    Congratulations Melissa! I think your husband did the right thing...don't argue with a woman in labor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulation Melissa! I hope your new little one is as patient when shopping with you as she was for her dad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so proud of you, Melissa! I am CHEEEEEEEZING the biggest smile because you are one of "US", not just some unknown person on TV way off in some other state. (ok, I don't know-know you, but you know what I mean!)

    Rock On!!! woot!

    ArmyMomx2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am so impressed, Janet! Thanks a lot for sharing! :)

    And Congrats, Melissa on your baby and on having a hubby who coupons for you when you can't! ;)

    ReplyDelete