Contact Me






Saturday, November 6, 2010

Post Dispatch Coupon Preview - 11/7/10

Sunday's St Louis Post-Dispatch has Two coupon inserts - SmartSource and Redplum plus a coupon in the Parade Magazine and another CVS coupon in their ad.

NO $10 off $50 at Shop 'n Save on Thursday

$5 off $20 or more coupon for CVS - find it on the back page of their ad.

A few if my favorite coupons this week:

Smart Source
  • B1G1 Glade Reed Diffuser
  • $2 off TGIF Complete Skillet Meal
  • $1 off Finish Quantum
  • $1 off Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners
  • $1 off POM Wonderful
  • $1 off Celestial Seasoning Tea
  • $1 off French's Spicy Brown Mustard
  • .55 off International Delight Quart
  • .50 off French's French Fried Onions
  • .40 off Fleischmann's Yeast
Redplum
  • $2 off Cesar Treats
  • $2 off Scope
  • $1.50 off Kibbles'n Bits
  • $2 off 2 Diamond Products
  • $1 off Garnier Hair Care
  • $1 off Stayfree
  • $1 off Folgers
  • .25 off McCormick Spice or Extract
Parade Magazine
  • $3 off Bausch & Lomb PreserVision Eye Vitamins
This is a good week for food coupons.  I'll be purchasing a few more papers than I usually do.

Remember: You want multiple coupons to use when a product is at a rock bottom price. When it's a good coupon insert week, I purchase 4 or 5 papers and sometimes acquire more. At first, I thought it was crazy to spend money to save money. But I've always saved much more than my investment.

Sam's Club is still selling the Sunday Post-Dispatch at a reduced price, $1.50. Dollar Tree and DEAL$ no longer sell the paper.

8 comments:

  1. Well I ws going to clip my coupons this morning but my paper wasnt delivered and the Post Dispatch's number has a recording that the whole paper will be delivered tomorrow instead. If they are trying to lose more customers and go out of business, they are doing a great job of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CJ - Only some areas of town get the Sunday ads with their Saturday delivery. I've always gotten mine on Sunday.

    I think it depended on who the delivery person was. It sounds like the PD has put an end to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like they could treat their regular subscribers better and give us advanced notice of changes. If they can have the whole paper on newstands by Sat at noon, they should be able to at lest deliver the ads to homes by then. Apparently they'd rather have me spend $2 at the newstand instead of paying $1.68 to subscribe. They keep this up and I wont be buying their paper at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm fed up too with playing the P-D games and really cut back on buying a Sunday paper. I won't say where; but I found three bundles of 'free' Sunday Journals in a recycle dumpster. Didn't have anything to fish a bundle out and just open a bundle to grab a few (35)inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kas - Good job on finding the Journals! I picked up 2 from vacant houses on my street. Why vacant houses get a Journal and I dont, I'll never understand.
    Finally got my entire paper this morning, the 2 sections were delivered separately. If they are trying to save money by delivering everything on Sunday, it doesnt make sense to deliver it twice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi kas & CJ - I'm a little peaved at the PD too. Why can the inserts be so different between papers?

    They didn't even have the CVS ad in the papers sold at the new CVS. And, when I stopped at Walgreens to find one, some papers had it and others didn't. It wasn't like someone had already taken them out. You can tell when the papers have been rifled through. There was just different ads in differnt papers.

    I wonder if retailers are paying for them to be in all the papers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess trashing customer service and striving for the bottom does help profits.

    http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/article_b997ae8a-eb62-11df-a316-00127992bc8b.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi kas - Thanks for the link. I always enjoy reading the links you pass on. Isn't it amazing how when you lay off half your staff what happens to revnues in the short term. I wonder if anyone will contine read the paper the way it's going?

    ReplyDelete