Contact Me






Saturday, January 8, 2011

Post Dispatch Coupon Preview - 1/09/11

There should be THREE coupon inserts in this Sunday's St Louis Post-Dispatch  - (2) SmartSource and  (1) Red Plum.

$10 off $50 at Shop 'n Save this week

Here are my favorite coupons in the Post-Dispatch.

SmartSource
  • B1G1 Stayfree Product
  • B1G1 Splenda
  • B1G1 Bic Disposable Razor
  • $15 off Philips Sonicare Rechargeable Toothbrush
  • $6 off 2 Zyrtec, Pepcid, Motrin PM or Precise
  • $5 off any Maalox product
  • $5 off Scrubbing Bubbles Power Sprayer Starter Kit
  • $2 off Crunch 'n Clean Bog Biscuits
  • $2 off Clean & Clear Product
  • $2 off Precise from Tylenol
  • $1.50 off Aveeno Hair Care Product
  • $1 off Listerine
  • $1 off Johnson's Baby Product
  • $1 off Color Catchers
  • $1 off DanActive
  • $1 off Activi
  • $1 off Ken's Dressing
  • $1 off Ken's Marinade
Red Plum
  • B1G1 Met-RX Bars
  • B1G1 Temptation Treats for Cats
  • B1G1 Pure Protein Bar
  • B3G3 Renuit Adjustables
  • .75 off Uncle Ben's Plain White or Brown Rice Product
Remember: You want multiple coupons to use when a product is at a rock bottom price. When it's a good coupon insert week, I purchase 4 or 5 papers and sometimes acquire more. At first, I thought it was crazy to spend money to save money. But I've always saved much more than my investment.

Sam's Club is still selling the Sunday Post-Dispatch at a reduced price, $1.50. Dollar Tree and DEAL$ no longer sell the paper.

14 comments:

  1. Does one need to be a Sam's Club member to buy the paper there? Also, is this a week you recommend buying extra papers?
    Thanks for all the hard work you do for us!!!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra you do have to be a memeber to buy the paper at Sams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda - Thanks! I figured that was the case. I'm a Costco gal....
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so fed up at the PD!!! Ugh, I got 9 papers at sams b/c of the maalox coupons and other good coupons in the smart source which are products our family uses. Well 8 of my 9 papers did NOT have a red plum in it.

    It's not even worth my effort to gripe to the PD. They don't care. I wish there was some way I could still get my local coupon inserts on Saturday (and not have to wait to order them from clipping services) and NOT have to give my patronship to the PD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debra - I'm glad Lynda had the answer for Sam's Club. I haven't shopped their forever and I could only guess what the answer would be.

    Concerning buying extra papers. I always suggest you buy (or aquire otherwise) one paper per family memeber and if your single to get two.

    This week if you wanting to stock up on non food items a few extra would be great. I didn't think the food coupons were too fantastic so I'm getting my normal number of papers.

    It's always good to take a look through one set before you by more than the one per person to see if their are lots of coupons you would use even if the items weren't on sale.

    Hi couponmama - I don't know what it is, but if a paper is going to be short an insert lately, it is always a Redplum. I always look through every paper before I buy. Not alway easy if you have the little ones with you.

    I wonder if you send emails to the companies that had coupons in the Redplum about your displeasure with the PD, if it would get the PD attention. I'm sure those companies are paying for the inserts to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ALWAYS check papers before I buy them. It takes a few minutes but it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually check my papers but with 4 little ones with me and long lines at Sams today, I took a risk. All 4 of my papers were missing the Red Plum inserts, too! UGGGGHHHHHHH!!! Very frustrating trying to save money for our family but ending up wasting it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got home from Sam's. I bought ten papers, still banded together so no chance of people messing with them. Not a single Red Plum insert among them. Grrr... I guess I've learned. Must check through every paper every time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Sams deserves a call. They stand by their products 100%. Although, they might just stop selling papers if the PD can't get it right. They won't take a risk for unhappy customers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi All,

    I think the paper problem just stinks.

    Couponmama: Please remember to get a RC from CVS for the Maalox if you do not get your coupons in time and hopefully the store is out. The Maalox is going to be a MM.

    HTH =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought my papers at Wal-Mart this weekend and no RedPlum inserts for me either. So frustrating. I also realized when I got home that they didn't scan one of my coupons and it was for $2.00. So frustrated with Wal-Mart right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Husband just got back from getting papers at Walgreens- no Redplum in them either! The PD screwed up this week I think!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If one check the spline of the Red Plum insert, there are a bunch of other newspapers beside the P-D. Since I don't purchase these other papers, I can't say if the RP insert was left out of these papers, which have smaller circulation numbers.

    This afternoon I stopped to grab burgers at a fast food restuarant and look through the Sunday P-D left behind. I found 3 sets of SS inserts and not one RP. Judging by the ads, at least two papers came from different locations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi kas - Thanks for the great info. The spine of the 1/9 RP says, "St Louis Direct Mail" Any idea of how to get on the direct mail list?

    ReplyDelete