Contact Me






Saturday, February 5, 2011

CVS $5 Scenario - Week of 2/06/11

If you budget $5 a week to shop at CVS and roll your ECBs, you can take home quite a bit of merchandise for very little money.

Remember, if CVS is out of stock on an item, ask for a raincheck. You still get ECBs with a raincheck.

Take a look more CVS deals HERE.

Transaction #1
purchase:
(1) Trident Vitality or Stride Spark Gum $0.99
(1) Dove Vitality Care Body Wash $1.99
use:
(1) Dove Body wash coupon (1/30/11 RP)  -$1.25
= $1.73 + tax out of pocket and get a $0.99 ECB

Transaction #2
purchase:
(1) Zantac 150 (24 ct) or 75 (38 ct) $8.99
use:
(1) Zantac printable coupon -5.00
ECB from previous transaction -$0.99
= $3.00 + tax out of pocket and get a $3 ECB

Transaction #3
purchase:
(2) Quaker Quick or Instant Oats @ 2.50 = $5.00
use:
(2) $1 Quaker coupons (1/02/11 RP) - $2.00
 ECB from previous transaction -$3.00
= $0.00 + tax out of pocket and get a $2 ECB

Items Purchased
(2) Quaker Oats
(1) Zantac
(1) Dove Body Wash
(1) Trident or Stride Gum

Retail price before sales & coupons: $28.25
Total out of pocket: $4.73 for an 83% savings
And a $2 ECB to start next week's shopping with.

8 comments:

  1. I have gone into the CVS Lindberg/Lemay location three times and they do not have the dove body wash 10 oz. The last time in the manager told me it was a special item and they would not be getting more. He said they ran it in the add again so stores could get rid of theirs. I cannot believe it is in the ads a third time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning to All,

    I posted a Coupon Giveaway with the -$1/1 Skippy coupons. Please go ck it out and enter in the Coupon STL Trader forum. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anonymous - How interesting. I'll look and see if they have any still on the shelf at the store I shop in the city.

    Thanks, Janet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi anonymous. same thing with the cvs in ellisville on the dove v.c. b/w. mgr allowed me to substitute a different kind of dove though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anonymous,
    After several early Sunday morning morning trips to that same CVS on Lindberg/Lemay and finding products advertised not in stock and being told by cashiers that "they must have sold all out" I stayed up late last night and went in at midnight to shop (really just to get the Wisk) they did not have the Dove at all. After the cashier shrugged his shoulders and mumbled I guess were out, the manager substituted for me. I always wondered if items sold out fast or they were never really in stock to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CVS really hasn't been having great deals like they were having. Also, I was getting such great coupons through email and then in January they just stopped coming. What is that all about? And while I am gripping how about when is Shop n Save going to have 10 off 50? It has been a number of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning to All,

    I think I am going to skip CVS this week cause I am going to be busy at SNS.

    Lynda--If you play your coupons right and are in need of ConAgra items-This is going to be the week to stock up. I am one too that is missing the -$10/$50 Thursday =( But this week is going to make up for it. =) HTH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi All -

    Two bottles of Dove Visible Care left at the store I shop and they had those behind the couponer. The store I shop is not near as busy as the other CVS's in town.

    Sometimes, I think the merchandise in the ad wasn't ever delivered to the store. Other times, it just hasn't been put out. I've asked my store about several products before and they have gone in the back room and brought out an entire box of the product.

    If a product is not out, it is always wise to ask. If you are shopping early on Sunday and the are out, it's also wise to ask if they will substitute another items.

    Hi Lynda - It think a new CVS card gets lots of coupons to begin with and then they tapper off.

    ReplyDelete