Contact Me






Friday, March 11, 2011

Saved 72% This Week

CVS
I didn't need anything at CVS this week, but since I had a $3 off Revlon Cosmetics coupon from the Magic Coupon Machine, I couldn't resist stopping on my way to Aldi to make a few dollars buying nail polish.

Before sales & coupons: $5.79
Spent: $0.00 and $1 ECB for 100% savings
Saved: $5.79 for 100% and received a $3 ECB

Shop 'n Save
There is nothing better than a food freebie.  This week's StarKist Deal at Shop 'n Save was a good one.  And I still have a $1.50 Catalina to spend.

Before Sales & Coupon: $15.80
Spent: $1.50
Saved: $14.30 for 91% savings

Dierbergs
Great deal on New York Texas Toast Frozen products this week.  I only had the New York products, Sister Schubert's (from last week's raincheck) and Eckrich Sausage (from last week's raincheck) on this week's list at Dierbergs.  They were still out of the Eckrich Sausage.  I'll have to use that raincheck another day.

Before Sales & Coupons: $13.87
Spent: $3.73
Saved: $10.14 for a 73% savings

Schnucks
I somehow erased my picture of the bigger shopping trip to Schnucks this week.  I picked up Texas Toast Croutons, Oscar Mayer lunchmeat, tangelos, broccoli crowns, mushrooms, lettuce, cole slaw mix and a couple of Spice Island spices last Friday night after the storms moved on.  Just imagine that other picture when you look at my weekly totals.

Before Sales & Coupons: $92.79
Spent: $29.64
Saved: $63.15 for a 68% savings

Aldi
The Cuties Clementines were really good.  I might have to get to Aldi tomorrow before the sale is over to pick up a few more.

Comparable Schnucks price: $27.61
Spent: $8.65
Saved: $18.96 for a 68% savings

Weekly Totals
Before sales & coupons: $155.86
Spent: $43.52
Saved: $112.34 for a 72% savings

Year to Date Totals
Spent: $403.09 ($40 weekly average)
Saved: $1,164.80 ($116 weekly average)

Splurge Funds: $289.31

For those who don't read my blog on a regular basis, my splurge funds are the difference between what I've actually spent and my $50 budget. I use it for those items I never find on sale, don't have coupons for, or when I'm over budget.

Last year, I spent my extra splurge funds for a freezer. This year, I'm saving them to redo my pantry.

6 comments:

  1. Another great week for you Jeri. I didn't shop all week. It felt so good. I was saving it up for this week at Wags and Shop N Save. Gonna be a busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG Jeri-I agree another great week for you =)

    Lynda-I am right there with you on Wags and SNS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda & Janet - It is going to be a busy week. I'm glad I didn't chase too many deals this past week either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a pretty good trip to Schnucks this week as well. Check out my blog for photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jeri - Are Cuties still sale tomorrow (Sunday)? Anywhere other than Aldi? I have a coupon for them and Dierberg's carries some other brand, which always makes me sad haha

    I also would like to use my Farm Rich coupon (frozen appetizers) but it's only carried at Wal-Mart (won't go there) and Shop N Save, so I'll need to hit SNS tomorrow too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mrs. Fisher - Thanks for sharing your pics. I love to see what other's get at the store.

    Hi Every Little Thing - I doubt Cuties will be on sale on Sunday. New Produce Picks start every Sunday. I think Schnucks sells Cuties but they are quite pricy at Schnucks.

    ReplyDelete