Contact Me






Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Shopped for FREE at CVS

CVS is my favorite store to use coupons at.  Besides great deals, the cashiers are coupon friendly, and  I actually like the limits.

I shop on Sunday, buy what is on my plan, and call it quits for the week.  I never get that nagging feeling.  You know the feeling I'm talking about - you still have a coupon left for a great deal and you keeping thinking about needing to go find a store that might still have the product on the shelf.

I had an especially good trip to CVS this week because I received a $5 off  $25 purchase coupon via email.

Transaction #1

purchased:
(2) Snickers Bars $1.00
(2) Pantene $6.98
(1) Preparation H Wipes $3.99
(1) John Frieda Hair Color $11.49
(1) 20 oz. Diet Coke $1.59

coupons used:
 $5 off $25 CVS coupon received via email
 $3/2 Pantene coupon from 5/01/11 P&G insert
 $1.59 coupon for a free 20 oz. Coke product  from My Coke Rewards
$11.49 coupon for free John Frieda Hair Color (I don't remember where I got this from)
$2 Preparation H printable coupon
$2 ECB I had from a previous purchase (cashier reduced to $1.98)

= $0.00 out of pocket and received a $1 ECB from Snickers purchase, $3.99 ECB from Preparation H , $2 ECB from Pantene


Transaction #2

purchased:
(2) Oral -B Indicator Toothbrushes $3.98

coupons used:
$1.50/2 Oral-B Indicator Toothbrushes 5/01/11 P&G insert
$1.50 ECB I had from a previous purchase
$1 ECB I had from a previous purchase (cashier reduced to $0.98)

= $0.00 out of pocket and received a $2 ECB

Total retail before sales & coupons: $37.11
Total out of pocket: $0.00 + $4.50 in ECBs
Receive $8.99 in new ECBs
Final cost: $4.49 Money-Maker

In Missouri, we do not pay sales tax on the value of coupons, so you can actually walk out of a store paying nothing.

For everyone who "did the math" on my first transaction, my total purchase was less than $25.  The John Frieda Hair Color shelf tag was a $1 more than what it rang up.  I noticed this price difference and told the cashier I was going to run and get another 20 oz. Diet Coke so my I could use my $5 off $25 coupon.   She told me not to bother and rang the coupon through.

14 comments:

  1. Great shopping, Jeri :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love shopping at CVS too. Even if they are out of something, I just get a rain check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love CVS! I went today and had such great success. The gals that work at the one I go to are so awesome and are so thrilled when you save so much. And I love getting thier rainchecks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will second the "likes" of CVS...the people are friendly and always willing to work with couponers...coupon policy is awesome too!!:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rainchecks at CVS are nice but its still frustrating to make the long trip to CVS on a Sun or Mon to find they are sold out already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi All - I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone who dosen't love CVS. The only problem is they aren't expanding quick enough in the St Louis area. Just think how awesome it will be when they have a store on about every other corner like Walgreens does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hoping they answer my prayers and put one within a couple miles from me. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope they put one in or near O'Fallon, MO sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard the next place CVS wants to expand is into St Charles County. I don't know where or the time frame. Keep your eyes open for construction sites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The John Frieda was a FB promo. I missed out on it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Today was my first time getting a rain check at CVS. I had no idea you could still get the ECB with a rain check. I hate to say it, but CVS is taking the lead on Walgreens in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anonymous - I shouls put a reminder on all of my CVS posts that CVS issues raincheck with the ECBs attached. I would imagine you aren't the only person that didn't realise that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could almost swear I saw a sign posted on the north side of Hwy. 94 near Jungermann for a future CVS location! I hope I wasn't dreaming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jackie - I to hope you weren't dreaming. Let us know if you're back by that location what's going on.

    ReplyDelete