Contact Me






Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Shop 'n Save - Week of August 10th


Sale prices good 8/10 - 8/15, 2009

$10 off $50 purchase on Thursday at every store!

This is the week for the Kraft FREE Food promotion. Kraft is advertising this promotion on their web site. The Kraft sites says this promotion is good through August 23rd, but the Shop 'n Save ad say the promotion is good through the 15th. If you want to take advantage of this promotion, I wouldn't wait.

**Update: Several readers have left comments that what was pictured in Shop 'n Saves' ad for the Kraft promotion didn't match the list of participating products in the ad or the list of participating products on Kraft's web site.

I called I spoke with Shop 'n Save Customer Service. They were very helpful and told me the items pictured would trigger the Catalina. To double check I gave Rosemary the UPC off a box of Jell-O pudding and it was confirmed the pudding would trigger the Catalina. She also had some great advise - if you have a Catalina that doesn't print, talk to the manager and since this is a rebate, copy everything you send to Kraft and if they don't honor the rebate call Shop 'n Save. Thanks Erin, Kelly and Rosemary at Shop 'n Save.

I only highlight the best deals. Take a look at Shop 'n Saves full ad here.

Remember:
1. $10 off $50 purchase this Thursday.
2. Shop 'n Save does not double coupons.
3. Shop 'n Save accepts internet printable coupons up to 50% of the product retail price. Take a look at Shop 'n Save Internet Printable Coupon Acceptance Policy.
4. Thursday price - purchase right at $50 of items and save 20% before coupons.

Print this post

:: Kraft FREE Groceries Catalina Deal ::
Purchase $25 of participating items and get $5 off your next purchase and $20 via mail-in rebate. See details and list of participating products here.

Jell-O Gelatin, 3 oz. box - .48
.50 off 2 - 7/26/09 SS
Final price: .23 each when you buy 2
Thursday price: .13 each when you buy 2

Velveeta Cheese & Shells Cup - .77
B1G1 - 8/9/09 SS
Final price: .39 each when you buy 2
Thursday price: .23 each when you buy 2

DiGiorno For One Pizza - $2.17
$1.50 off Crispy Flatbread - 5/17/09 SS
or $1 off Crispy Flatbread - 8/2/09 SS
Final price: .67 each
Thursday price: .24 each

Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese, 8 oz. tub - $1.48
$1 off 2 - 8/9/09 RP
Final price: .98 each when you buy 2
Thursday price: .86 each when you buy 2

Nabisco Snack Crackers - $2.48
Buy Ritz get Wheat Thins free - 5/17/09 SS
Final price: $1.24 each when you buy Ritz and Wheat Thins
Thursday price: .74 each when buy Ritz and Wheat Thins

California Pizza for One - $2.17
$1 - 5/17/09 SS
Final price: $1.17 each
Thursday price: .74 each

Kraft Cheese - $1.66
$1 off 2 - 8/9/09 RP
Final price: $1.16 each when you buy 2
Thursday price: .83 each when you buy 2

Kraft American Singles - $1.98
$1 off 2 - 8/9/09 RP
Final price: $1.48 each when you buy 2
Thursday price: $1.08 each when you buy 2

Jell-O Pudding or Gelatin, 6 ct. pkg. - $2.48
.35 - 8/9/09 SS
Final price: $2.13 each
Thursday price: $1.63 each

Planter's Nuts - $2.97
$1 off 2 - 6/28/09 SS
Final price: $2.47 each when you buy 2
Thursday price: $1.88 each when you buy 2

Velveeta, 2 lb. loaf - $4.28
$1 - 8/9/09 RP
Final price: $3.28 each
Thursday price: $2.42 each

DiGiorno Pizza - $5.48
$1.50 of Crispy Flatbread - 5/17/09 SS and 8/2/09 SS
Final price: $3.98 each
Thursday price: $2.88 each

California Pizza
- $5.48
$1 off Crispy Thin ineternet printable here
or $1 - 5/17/09 SS
Final price: $4.48 each
Thursday price: $3.38 each

If you were lucky enough to snag a Kraft coupon booklet that was available a few weeks ago, remember - there are coupon for Nabisco cookies and crackers in it.


:: Deals with Coupon Match-Ups ::

Ken's Salad Dressing - $1.98
$1 -8/2/09 SS
Final price: .98 each
Thursday price: .59 each

Hot, Lean or Croissant Pockets - $1.66
.50 - 5/17/09 SS
Final price: $1.16 each
Thursday price: .83 each

Kellogg's Cereal - $1.98
Corn Flakes, 12 oz. and Frosted Flakes, 14 oz.
$1 off 2 - 8/2/09 Kellogg's Insert
Final price: $1.48 each
Thursday price: $1.08 each
There are several other Kellogg's Cereals on sale this week, but they are too small of packages for the Kellogg's coupons from the 8/2 insert.

North Star Old Fashioned Cones - $2.48
.50 coupon available in the St Louis Family Attraction Card
Final price: $1.98 each
Thursday price: $1.49 each when you buy 2

Edy's Fruit Bars or Dibs - $2.48
$1 off 2 - 6/14/09 SS
Final price: $1.98 each when you buy 2
Thursday price: $1.49 each when you buy 2


:: Other Good Deals ::

Bob Evans Pork Sausage Patties, 3 lb. pkg - $5
TenderBird Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, 3 lb. pkg. - $5
Seabest Tilapia Fillets, 2 lb. pkg. - $5

Shop 'n Save Orange Juice, 1/2 gallon - $1.77

17 comments:

  1. I think the Shop n Save ad has an error/slightly misleading portion re the Kraft rebate. The boxes of Jell-O and Jell-O pudding are not included in the list of eligible products either in the fine print in the ad or on the Kraft website. If you look closely, there is not a box drawn around these items or the International Coffee. (Though there is not a box around the Maxwell House either, and that appears to be included.) Check carefully. I would hate to get my $20 rebate rejected over a couple of 48-cent boxes of Jell-O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to agree with Erin. The ad is misleading on several of the things shown in the ad. The sizes on the products shown don't always match up with the list of qualifying products, even if the product is in the box drawn around the ad.

    FYI--Dierbergs apparently is also in on this Kraft rebate. It's in their ad this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin & Kelly - Good catch. I've got relatives in town this week, so haven't spent as much time blogging as I usaully am able to do. I started this match up at midnight and thought I should look at the Kraft list but....

    Any way, I'm going to see if I can get ahold of Kraft and SNS for an answer. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An independent store, Market Place, over in Columbia, IL is also doing the $20 Kraft mail-in rebate. Like Save-A-Lot, the store lacks a catalina machine. The SuperValu stuff sold at Market Place comes from the Champaign warehouse, not the one in Hazelwood.

    Crystal Light MQ $.50/2 (tearpad, expires 12/31/09)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the additional info from the SNS staff. I'm still going to stick to only the items listed on the Kraft rebate website just to be sure. Does anyone know if SNS limits the number of identical coupons you can use? I have 9 of the BOGO Velveeta cups and want to know if I'll be able to get all 18 cups. Can't wait til Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kas - Thanks for the info and coupon match-up. I'm curious - How does a store without a Catalina machine deal with Catalina offers?

    CJ - I don't think SNS limits coupons. But, ask at the Customer Service desk before you shop. You never know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeri- Last Saturday, I stopped at the Save-A-Lot on Gravois in Affton. I ask the manager on duty if the store was doing the promotion, given no catalina machine. Let just say folks in Earth City didn't get the word out. The store is part of a group of S-A-L stores that sells banana 3 lb./$1.00 for awhile now.

    I was over at both Market Place and CVS today. At Market Place I found this blinkie, save $.50 on (2) packs of Jello-O Gelatin. The small packages of Betty Crocker instant mash potatoes are $.79 each. Buy 10 and receive $5.00 with in-ad coupon.

    Aug. 29th is the date that has been set to open the new Columbia, IL CVS store. It will be further south on Route 3. Some of the staff for the MO CVS stores will be trained at the new Columbia store. Scheduled date for the South County CVS is after the first of the year. Anyone, going over to the old store, be prepared for empty shelves. No plans for a clearance sale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buy 10 and receive $5.00 'off' with in-ad coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kas - Thanks so much for the info. But I am terribly dissappointed the CVS in South County isn't going to open until the first of the year.

    Now that the new CVS store in Columbia, Il is opening I might have to take a road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Until the 18th, GM is running a promotion for a free gallon of milk for buying 4 boxes of cereal.

    Lucky Charms
    Golden Graham
    Multi-Grain Cheerios
    ??? (sorry forgot)

    The only type on sale is the Golden Graham @$1.92 each. But, there were zero boxes left at the SnS I was at today.

    I found the Coors Light/NFL 2009 Official Saving Guide at the store. It has this form, a NBPR B$30 in various items and receive $10 by mail. A similar one put out in IL requires the purchase of a 12-pack of Coors Light or Coors Banquet Beer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just got back from Shop and Save. Spent less than $31 including Kraft items and lots of other groceries (chicken, pork, milk, eggs, veggies, fruit, soda, ice cream). I received $5 towards next purchase and will receive $20 rebate. So much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Job! Nothing better than a great Catalina on a Thursday at SNS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SNS was crazy today but well worth it!! I made $7.71 profit from the Kraft rebate and $2.60 profit on my entire order! Used $32.20 in coupons, got the $10 off, $5 catalina, and will get $20 back for the rebate. Check out my journal for details (click on my name). I hope my math is right, my brain is tired after all that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. CJ - Good job! Thanks for sharing your shopping trip. I love hearing how others did shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is kind of off topic but does anyone have an extra Tyson Skillet Creations rebate form? I printed the form off the Tyson website a couple months ago but its been taken off the website since then. I had the form with me at SNS today, got home, cut the UPC off the package and now I cant find my form. So I'm out $4 if I can't find another form. If anyone can help, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Disregard my above plea for the Tyson rebate form, I found it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. CJ - I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to loose things I just had in my hand. I'm glad you found the form.

    ReplyDelete