Contact Me






Friday, September 25, 2009

Saved 93% This Week

My high percentage of savings was helped by $20 in rebates I received this week. I account for rebates when I receive them - just in case I didn't get them sent in, or they never show up. But even without the rebates, I saved a ton of money this week.


Shop 'n Save
My low out of pocket expense was helped with the $5 Catalina coupon I earned last week, but I won't have a Catalina for next week.

Before coupon & sales: $50.62
Total spent: $2.64
Total saved: 47.98 for 95%

Target
Before coupon & sales: $82.76
Total spent: $4.95
Total saved: $77.81 for 94%

Dierbergs
Before coupon & sales: $52.60
Total spent: $8.34
Total saved: $44.26 for 84%

Johnny's Market and Sappington Farmers' Market
I purchase the meat and eggs at Johnny's and the produce at Sappington Farmers' Market.

Comparable Schnucks price: $31.88
Total spent: $12.39
Total Saved: $19.49 for 57%

Aldi
My picture is short an additional three bags of lettuce. I got home from shopping and it dawned on me what a great deal the bagged salad was, so I went back for more.

Comparable Schnucks price: $22.21
Aldi price: $9.57
Total saved: $12.64 for 57%

Weekly Totals
Before coupon & sales: $240.97
Total spent: $37.89 - $20 in rebates I received in the mail this week = $17.89
Total saved: $222.18 for 93%

Total since April 1st
Total spent: $1149.53 ($46 weekly average)
Total saved: $4628.98 ($185 weekly average)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for inspiring me every week. My shopping has improved significantly since starting to read your blog. I don't do as well as you, but I am sure it comes with time.
    On another note, I got $60 in rebates this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Info on another site is that Chase Bank will no longer cash, even if you have the funds in an account, a non-Chase check. This policy will include rebate checks, which often seem to come from some off-beat bank. Last time I checked, a BOA teller wanted me to pay $4 to get cash for a check written on a customer's account. When I lived in Mid-Mo, I never was charged at the local BOA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - Wow, great job with the rebates. Don't say you don't do as well as I do. I seem to always forget to send rebates in.

    kas - I don't think any bank makes cashing a check easy. All you can to is deposit them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing! I am new to your blog. It's great- thanks. I am wanting to start couponing. I live in St. Louis also. If you had to pick one or two stores to start couponing at, which ones would you pick? It is kind of overwhelming to me so I thought I would try to start out at one, maybe two stores. But I want to get the best deals. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana - Welcome to the world of couponing. You have the right idea to start slow and learn as you go.

    I started couponing at Walgreens. It can be the most confusing, but you can bring home a lot of products for very little money.

    This week at Walgreens, print a Vaseline lotion coupon, purchase one for $5.49 and either use your $7 Register Reward for something else you need, or save it until next week.

    Keep reading and feel free to leave comments or email me with your questions.

    ReplyDelete