Contact Me






Saturday, October 9, 2010

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of 10/10/10

The most cost effective way to shop at Walgreens is to roll your Register Rewards from week to week.

If you are following my Walgreens $5 Scenarios,  you have a $5 P&G  Register Reward from last week to start with.

Check out all of this week's Walgreens deals HERE.

Transaction #1
purchase:
(2) Nivea for Men Body Wash $9.00
(1) No Nonsense Knee Highs $0.25 (needed as filler to use RR)
use:
(1) $3 off 2 Nivea printable coupon -$3.00
P&G Register Reward from previous week -$5.00
= $1.25 + tax out of pocket and receive a $4 Beiersdorf RR

Transaction #2
purchase:
(1) Halls Refresh Lemon Raspberry Drops $1.00
(2) Old Spice Body Wash @3/$10 = $6.66
(1) Gillette Body wash @ 3/$10 = $3.34
use:
(1) B1G1 Old Spice Body Wash coupon (9/26/10 P&G) -$3.33
(1) Gillette Body Wash coupon (9/26/10 P&G) -$2.00
Beiersdorf RR from previous transaction -$4.00
= $1.67 + tax out of pocket and receive a $1 Cadbury Adams and a $3 P&G RR

Transaction #3
purchase:
(1) Noxzema Disposable Razor $3.99
(1) No Nonsense Knee Highs $0.25 (needed as filler to use RR)
use:
(1) Noxzema coupon (8/8/10 RP) -$1.00
P&G RR from previous transaction -$3.00
= $0.24 + tax out of pocket and receive a $3 Universal/Alberto Culver RR

Items Purchased
(4) (5) Men's Body Washes
(1) Disposable Women's Razor
(1) Bag of Cough Drops
(2) Knee Highs

Total retail before sales & coupons: $34.73
Total out of pocket: $3.16 + tax for a 91% savings
And a $1 Cadbury Adams and a $4  $3 Universal/Alberto Culver Register Rewards to start next week.

If you don't have the $5 Register Reward to start with, you will spend $8.18 with this scenario for a 77% savings.

8 comments:

  1. There was a 75 cent coupon in October issue of All You magazine off the Halls

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I am reading the post wrong. But it looks like you should end up with. Five men's body washes and a three dollar Universal/Alberto Culver rr. Not a four dollar one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sentra99 - Opps! You are correct. I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this up. Thanks for finding my error.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting your $5.00 challenge. I kind of followed it this week except for the Nivea for Men. I brought the Face scrub and post shave balm with (2) $2.00 coupons from the 10/10 RedPlum. I was able to spend $0.75 + $1.98 tax = $2.73 (total OOP), or saved 99.67%. My shopping would have probably been FREE if I did not have to purchase the 25 cent knee highs!!! ;)

    When using the B1G1 free for the Old Spice, the register gave me $3.99 off, not $3.33. Let's keep this one a secret so that Walgreen's does not change it!! SHHH!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just at Walgreens, and my RR for the Noxzema Razors and the Old Spice/ Gillette body wash didn't print. The manager told me they wouldn't print because I didn't spend enough money out of pocket. He said he'd been having this issue with P&G RR all week. Has anyone else heard of this? He did print the two RR for me because I told him there was no mention of a minimum purchase in the ad, and I didn't use P&G RR to buy P&G products.
    -Casey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Casey - I can believe the manager was having trouble with RR printing, but it wasn't for not spending enough out of pocket on those items. Good for you for pushing the issue and not just walking away.

    ReplyDelete