Contact Me






Friday, February 25, 2011

Saved 88% This Week

Target
Two trips to Target this week with two back-to-back transactions each time.  I don't like to do more than a couple back to back transactions at one time because it tends to annoy the cashier and the people in line behind me.  And most of the time I need to regroup anyway.

This might have been one of the best sale ever at Target.  I rolled the $5 Target Giftcard for buying seven frozen items each transaction and have a $5 Giftcard to spend another time.  My totals were helped by the fact, I had a few coupons for a free Gorton's item they had sent me in the mail. 

Before sales & coupons: $44.13
Spent: $6.25
Saved: $37.88 for 86%

Dierbergs

Yes, more veggies. We should be well stocked -  at least for awhile.

Before sales & coupons: $41.55
Spent: $14.16
Saved: $27.89 for 66%

Walgreens
Before sales & coupons: $36.24
Spent: $0.15 and $10 in Register Rewards
Saved: $36.09 for 99%

CVS
My picture is short most of the chocolate I bought this week. I was planning on getting back to CVS this week, after checking if I had coupons that would be expiring and any rainchecks for those products, but that didn't happen.  When I grab my CVS bag to get the picture together, most of the chocolate was gone.  Hmm,  it wasn't me.  Youngest???????

Before sales & coupons: $27.45
Spent: $0.15 and $6.50 in ECBs
Saved: $27.30 for a 99% savings

Aldi
No picture and nothing too exciting.  Milk, creamer, onions, mushrooms

Comparable Schnucks price: $13.95
Spent: $7.85
Saved: $6.10 for 44% savings

My Splurge
Girl Scout Cookies $10.50

Weekly Totals
Before sales & coupons: $163.32
Spent: $28.56
Saved: $124.76 for a 83% savings

Year to Date Totals
(Includes last week's totals.  I didn't buy much and didn't post pictures, and it wasn't near as exciting as Janet's shopping trip to Shop 'n Save)
Spent: $320.55 ($40 average)
Saved: $812.35 ($102 average)

Splurge Funds: $270.85

For those who don't read my blog on a regular basis, my splurge funds are the difference between what I've actually spent and my $50 budget. I use it for those items I never find on sale, don't have coupons for, or when I'm over budget.

Last year, I spent my extra splurge funds for a freezer. This year, I'm saving them to redo my pantry.

12 comments:

  1. I went back today & did 2 transactions & paid a little more OOP today, but didn't want to do more than 2 transactions....I think I was getting tired of Target..LOL
    $48.54 OOP
    saved $90.17
    & still have $30.00 in gift cards

    I still need to make a stop at Walgreens & see what the grocery stores have

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week, Jeri! I spent a lot of time sick this week, but I have been keeping up.

    We may have to give Janet's shopping trip a special name like "Iwo Jima" or "The big One"
    or maybe when someone has a major score they will say "I pulled a 'Janet'"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did better at Target than I did. I did two transactions and then went back this evening. I did better this evening without buying any frozen stuff. Lots of free to cheap up an up products. I don't usually do to much shopping at Target but will check them out more often. I already have a plan working for next week with my left over gift cards. Make sure to take before and after pictures of the pantry when you get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachelstl - Tired of Target?????

    Don't worry about the grocery stores, there weren't many deals this week. But, if you take a look, Deirbergs might be the best choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ArmyMomx2 - I hope your feeling better.

    I agree we need to come up with a "word" for the utlimate shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynda - I haven't shopped that much at Target either, but after this week I need to think of them more.

    I pretty much avoided Target this summer because of a glich the way coupons were working. I can hardly read those receipts, in the best of circumstances. I knew I would never figure them out if there was a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a great trip to Target this past week.

    Do you ever check out the clearance shelf at Dierberg's? I constantly get awesome organic items there, for $1-2. Yesterday, I got two bags of Cascade dishwasher tabs for $.99 each (!), organic canned beans for $1 each, Stubb's BBQ sauce for $1.79 (normally over $4), and canned tomatoes for $.75.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Every Little Things - I sometimes do, but forget most of the time.

    I tend to shop only from my list - to avoid those impluse purchases, but I've heard from others too that Dierbergs has some good clearance items. I'll put the clearance aisle on my list next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the clearance section at Dierberg's. I have to buy all sorts of expensive specialty foods and gluten free pretzels ain't cheap. BUT once they had a huge pile of .99 bags of gluten free pretzels. I stocked up b/c those are at least $5 for a small bag.

    I buy the day old bread there too. Good stuff.

    Well done Jeri! I didn't get any food at Target this week but looks like lots of people cleaned up there this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WTG Jeri on your shopping this week. =) Gotta love having room in the deep freezer for the almost frees from Target. DH and I just got back in from Lowes, picked up a deep freezer for my mom. =)

    And you and ArmyMomx2 had me cracking up with your phrases. I almost lost my coffee on the "I pulled a Janet". I thought of when Jeri posted the "Cleared Shelf" picture and write up about winter stock up, I told you guys I was gonna wipe SNS out just like that cleared shelf on the next -$10/$50 day since they had not had a -$10/$50 in so long =) J/K And as crazy as it sounds-I wish I would have done 10 more transacations on the last coupon Thursday =)

    I am trying to work up some plans for the P&G Cat deal. Thinkin' about some Pringles and Salty Snack WTs(insert develish smiley face here). I still have $60 in ConAgra Cats to roll so I better get started getting coupons gathered.

    Have a great afternoon to all. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great trip! Looks like you'll be stocked on veggies for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not really tired of Target because you can't pass up sales like that....love weeks like that & now for a crazy week at Walgreens :)

    ReplyDelete