Contact Me






Saturday, October 1, 2011

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of 10/2/11


The most cost effective way to shop at Walgreens is to roll Register Rewards - spend Register Rewards on products that trigger more.

I suggest checking out at the Cosmetic Counter. Multiple transaction always go smoother at a less busy register.

If you are following my $5 Scenario's you have a $6 Colgate Palmolive Register Reward to start this week's shopping.

Check out all of this week's Walgreens Deals.

NOTE: Word is, some store are now limiting the number of sale items you can purchase and the number of transactions allowed.  Check with the staff at your store before you shop.

Transaction #1
purchase:
(1) Coldcalm  $6.99
use:
Register Reward from last week - $6.00
= $0.99 + tax and get a $7 Bioron Register Reward

Transaction #2
purchase:
(1) Cepacol Sore Through Lozenges $2.99
(1) Kleenex Cool Touch Facial Tissue $1.49
(2) Nivea Lip Care Items $4.00
(1) Pert Plus $1.99
(1) Dawn Dish Liquid $0.99
(1) Novelty Halloween Candy  $0.39 (needed as to make transaction large enough to use RR)
use:
(1) Kleenex Cool Touch coupon (10/2/11 SS) - $0.50
(1) $3/2 Nivea Lip Care coupon (10/2/11 RP) - $3.00
(1) Pert Plus Coupon (10/2/11 SS) -$1.00
(1) Dawn coupon (10/2/11 P&G) - $0.25
Register Reward from previous transaction -$7.00
= $0.10 + tax and get a $3 Reckitt Benckiser and $0.50 Kimberly Clark Register Reward

Items Purchased
(2) Nivea Lip Care
(1) Coldcalm
(1) Cepacol Lozenges
(1) Kleenex
(1) Pert Plus
(1) Dawn Dish Liquid
(1) Novelty Halloween Candy

Retail price before sales and coupons: $28.02
Total spent: $1.09 + tax for a 96% savings
And a $3.50 in Register Rewards to start next week's shopping

If you didn't start with the $6 Register Reward, you will spend $7.09 for this scenario - a 75% savings.

4 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to try to use the Carmex RR deal as my second transaction since the Coldcalm RR value is high enough to cover it! That still leaves me with a $4 RR to get Cepacol, Nivea, and (hopefully) the Ricola drops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kelly

    Great idea. I didn't even think about the Carmex when I was writing up the scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didnt get the $3 RR for the lozenges. Not sure why. Should I go back up there with my receipt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous

    Wild for Wags is reporting the only varitey of Cepacol that is triggering the RR is Cherry. Hopefully, Walgreens will get this fixed early this week.

    Yes, you should return to the store and speak with the manager. I'm sure by now, they must know of the problem with Cepacol.

    The best strategy is to make sure you get all the RR your expecting before you leave the store. I actully make a list of what RR I should get with each transaction, so I can clear up any problems when I'm in the store.

    I think all of us have gotten home without an expected RR or Catalina sometime in our couponing carrer.

    ReplyDelete