Contact Me






Thursday, November 3, 2011

What's for Dinner? Texas BBQ

photo from Salt Lick BBQ
Yep, the picture is what we are having for dinner tonight.  We are still celebrating the Cardinals winning the World Series.

My college roommate moved to Dallas shortly after graduating, and has become a Texan through and through.   There was a little trash texting going on between our households during the World Series and a friendly little BBQ wager.  After game 5, my husband talked about how we could ship some Pappy's to Texas.   Thanks goodness we didn't have to.
Thank you, Nancy! I'm sure we are going to enjoy your Texas BBQ. My mouth has been watering ever since the UPS man delivered your package. 

What's for dinner at your house tonight? 

Having problems posting  a comment?  See my Leave a Comment post with a quick fix to the problem.

7 comments:

  1. We had BBQ tonight too. I used the Eversave I won on here a few months ago for Dickey's BBQ tonight. It was great, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome. Let me know how it is. Very nice website and location. Great press on the establishment also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @JB

    Hi JB! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    @Rhonda

    Hi Rhonda - The Brisket was every bit as good as it looks. If you ever need a food gift or are going to splurge on yourself, I would highly recommend Salt Lick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm from FW...I miss places like Salt Lick!

    Last night I made chicken fried rice. One kid ate the rice, another the chicken and another nothing.

    ::palm to forehead::

    ReplyDelete
  5. 17th Street in Fairview Heights has BBQ like this. It is phenomenal. Featured as one of the 10 best in the United States. They ship too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rhonda

    I must be living under a rock. I han't heard of 17th Street until you mentioned it.

    Wow! I googled them and it looks like a fantastic place. Shhh, don't tell my husband about this place. We might never eat at another establishment - ever.

    ReplyDelete