Contact Me






Saturday, March 27, 2010

Walgreens Deals - Week of 3/28/10

Sale prices good March 28 - April 3, 2010

This is a great week to shop Walgreens - three money-makers and another three free items. Of course, that's after coupons and Register Rewards.

I highlight only the best deals. Take a look at Walgreens' full ad here -as of Sunday. Or a scan of the ad at I Heart Wags.


:: Free this Week ::

Dulcolax Balance - $10
$4 – HERE
or $3 – 12/13/09 SS
or $2 - 1/24/10 SS
and use FREE Bottled Water (up to $2) when you buy Dulcolax Balance - 3/7/10 SS
Receive $10 Register Reward ( Boehringer Ingelheim)
Final cost: $2 to $4 Money-Maker after coupon and Register Reward + FREE water

Dove Shampoo, Conditioner or Styling Product - $4
$2 - HERE (no longer available)
or $1.50 - 3/28/10RP
Receive $4 Register Reward (Unilever)
Final cost: $1.50 to $2.00 Money-Maker after coupon and Register Reward

Simply Saline Nasal Allergy & Sinus Relief Nasal Mist - $7
$1 – 10/18/09 SS and 11/15/09 SS and 1/24/10 SS
Receive $7 Register Reward (Blairex)
Final cost: $1 Money-Maker after coupon & Register Reward

DenTek Floss, 55 yd. $2
Receive a $2 Register Reward (DenTek)
Final cost: FREE after Register Reward

Walgreens One Daily Multivitamins, 100 ct. - $3
Receive $3 Register Reward (Walgreens)
Final cost: FREE after Register Reward

Reese's Dark Peanut Butter Cups - .39 with in-ad coupon
.55 - 3/14/10 SS
Final price: FREE
Maybe a small money-maker if your cashier rings up the manufacturer coupon before the in-ad coupon.


:: Cheap this Week ::

Betty Crocker Warm Delights - $1
.75 - 3/28/10 SS
Final price: .25 each

Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna - .69 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 5 - HERE
Final price: .49 each when you buy 5
The in-ad coupon says limit 4. Ask your cashier if you can buy 5, so you can use your coupon.

Betty Crocker Frosting - $1
.50 - 2/7/10 GM
Final price: .50 each

Coffee-mate - 2/$3
.75 - HERE (use 2)
Final price: .75 each when you buy 2
You never know how Walgreens has coded their computer. If you only want to buy one of this product, have the cashier check the price to see if each one rings up at $1.50.

Colgate Pro Clinical Toothpaste - $3.99
$1 - HERE
Receive $2 Register Reward (Colgate)
Final cost: .99 each after coupon and Register Reward

Garnier Herbal Shine Hair Color - $5.99 (buy 4)
$2 - 3/7/10 RP (use 4)
Receive $10 Register Reward when you buy $20 of Garnier Products (L'Oreal)
Final cost: $1.49 each when you buy 4 after coupons and Register Reward

Starburst Jellybeans - $2
$1 off 2 - 3/7/10 RP
Final price: $1.50 each when you buy 2

Playtex Tampons - $3.99
18-pack GentleGlide or Sport
$1 off Sport - HERE
or $1 off GentleGlide - HERE
and use $1 Waglreens coupon in the April Coupon Book (find these with the weekly ads)
Final price: $1.99 each

Select Johnson’s Baby Products or Desitin – 2/$6
$1 - HERE (multiple coupons available)
Receive $3 Photo Coupon when you buy 2
Final cost: $2 each when you buy 2 + $3 Photo Coupon

Red Baron Pizza - 2/$6
$1 off 2 - 1/31/10 SS
Final price: $2.50 each when you buy 2

12-pack Coca-Cola Products - 4/$13
Price with in-ad coupon - 5/$13 or $2.60 per 12-pack

Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean - $7.99
$3 - 2/28/10 SS
Receive $2 Register Reward (S.C. Johnson)
Final cost: $2.99 each after coupon & Register Reward

Cottonelle Bathroom Tissue, 12 rolls - $5
.50 - HERE
or .50 - 3/14/10 SS
and use $1 Walgreens coupon in the April Coupon Book (find these with the weekly ads)
Final price: $3.50 each


:: Filler Ideas ::

Easter Tumbler or Gift Sack - .13 with in-ad coupon
Index Cards - .33 with in-ad coupon
Easter Candy - .39 with in-ad coupon
Encore Spices - .50 with in-ad coupon
Mandarin Oranges or Geisha Mushrooms - .50 with in-ad coupon
Morton Salt - .50 with in-ad coupon
Deerfield Farms Baking Soda - .50 with in-ad coupon

26 comments:

  1. In the 4-23-10 issue of AllYou, there is a $1/1 coupon for the 12 pk. of Cottonelle. Makes it just a bit cheaper.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a spring savings GM coupon book lying on a shelf in the Wentzville Schnucks- there was no display (that I could see). They have a 1/1 warm delights coupon- making these a freebie at Wags. There are also quite a few yoplait, etc. coupons, some higher value than I normally see. Trish in W'ville

    ReplyDelete
  3. At my Wags, there are $3.00 off hangtags on the Dulcolax Balance that are on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dove deal looks a little off....

    in the add, select products are on sale for 2/$12 or 2/$7

    the RR is $4 for a purchase of $12 or more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. never mind, found it in the back of the ad... be careful when you go to the store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had great success at Wags this morning. Made enough to buy free soda for a month and free toilet paper. I had no problems which is always a plus. I love the free vitamins and Dove. Man what a great of Wags shopping. Even the manager at one store was giving me tips to make money. He didn't realize about the vitamins and when I pointed them out he put one back for himself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went through all the hassle of registering on the Dove site and then get a depleted' message.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks as always for the great match-ups! I'm having lots of fun today! My daughter has CP and takes dulcolax - I love a great MM on something we need. I saw a couple of Dove shampoos marked down at one Walgreens - Does anyone know if the clearanced Dove are producing RRs. Jeri -Are you back shopping Walgreens this week???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hit 3 Wags stores today and got 2 Dove, 3 Dentek, 2 Dulcolax, 1 Wags vitamins, eggs, and Scotch Fur Fighter refills. Made $8.50 coupon profit and I have $23RR left. I wish I didnt have such a big vitamin stockpile already, I'd get more free vitamins. Did anyone have success using the $3 MQ and free water MQ together on Dulcolax? I didnt try it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. CJ I didn't try it. I really didn't want to tempt fate because I was having such a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just for the information DOve coupon is no more available on the web but RR on Dove Shampoo are rolling ones....tried it & it works....BUT can we use it for any other then the picture shown in the ad......

    spice

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used the $4 and the water coupon on the Dulcolax with out any problems or questions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynda - I agree, it was nice having a problem-free Wags day for once!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I brought the Air Wick i-motion starter kit that was on sale 50% off at $7.99 with a $5.00 coupon, and the Air Wick i-motion compact starter kit that was on sale 50% off at $4.49 with a $4.00 coupon. I got them both with tax for $3.39, they make great housewarming gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wonder why the WAGS price things differently store to store. One WAGS today had the AIr Wick I for $4.49 and another WAGS had it for $3.99....so one I paid 50Cents and another made 1 cent! Great deals all around.

    No problem on the water...bought the special at $2.99 and with the Ducolax water coupon ($2), got the water for 99cents! (24 pack!!)

    Also, please consider donating excess to local pantries. For example, the vitamins are a low RR and most of us can easily move a $3RR.....so why not buy a few this week and make a donation. It really doesn't take any additional time and it feels great!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did the Dulcolax and water deal with no problem. I got a 1.99 large bottle of Evian for free, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Air Wick i-motions are $6 at Target. Pair the $5 man coupon with the $1 Target cpn and get it for free.

    Wags treated me well today. I started with $2RR, I spent $8 and now I have $41RR.

    P.S. Some Huggies wipes are clearanced at Target($2.03). Use the $.50 man cpn with the $1 Target peelie cpn and score them for $.53!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I attempted a combine Dove Shampoo with 3 men body wash buy with the hope of two RR. Didn't work and only got one Dove $4 RR.

    According to Ann, there's a four day ad coming out later this week. Perhaps Wags might even offer a dollar off coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had no problem with the water at one walgreens and an inexperienced cashier couldn't get the water to work at another WAGS. Will try again at some other spots between home and work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I noticed a One A Day $2.00 MQ will expire 3/31/10 or tomorrow. Also if you clipped the $2.00 Ecotrin MQ from all those 'free' boxes, that MQ combined with the $3 in-ad coupon might be a good deal on the 125 or 150 ct. size.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sounds like a successfull week for everyone at Walgreens.

    I've never figured out why the different price points at Walgreens. I've always wondered if the stores with competition across the street have the lower prices, but I've never took the time to check enough prices to come up with a conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  22. At the Wags I went to last night, they won't accept the Dulcolax free bottled water Q. Cashier said that it has to be the pictured water and that they don't sell that kind and manager agreed with him. :( I told them that on the wordings it does not say a particular brand of bottled water but they insisted it has to be the one on the picture. Ughs! :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. I screwed up on the vitamin at the store. The picture in the ad made me assume One A Day was on sale. For those buying the Wags clone, the April coupon booklet has an AARP offer for the 50 and over crowd. Buy $10 in partipating Wags products, including vitamins, and receive either a one year or an extension of your membership.

    A head-ups if you are new to AARP, you'll be receiving unwanted offers, especially insurances, from friends of AARPS. Forget calling either AARP or the businesses that keep sending this junk mail. Given these offers usually include an envelope that requires no stamp, I reply with some colorful language. Haven't received an offer in a awhile.

    Word is that the Dove promo that allowed usuage of the old RR has been fixed, according to Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi coupon.girl - Are you still shopping at the Walgreens at Hampton/Chippewa? When something works for everyone else, you still seem to have problems. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I shopped at Wags Chippewa cor Kingshighway. Yesterday, I did one transaction then went out and went back in again to roll the RR I got. One cashier said that the RR deals is only one customer per day but the other cashier where I was checking out told him "I don't think so." so he just went ahead and checked me out while the other one looked for a manager to ask about it. I just left the store and didn't wait anymore to find out what the manager said. I guess, they won't be seeing me for awhile over there. Too bad, I was thinking of spending the RR I got on Olay Quench lotion and on their on sale coffee next week which are not RR deals.:I

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi coupon.girl - I just repsonded to a kas comment and said I should but YMMV on every Walgreen post. This confirms it.

    Head on up the street to Kingshighway/Arsenal. They are great to deal with there.

    ReplyDelete