Contact Me






Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Aldi Milk Prices + More


There is no local ad or Produce Picks at Aldi this week.  I talked to a manager and asked if this is a new trend  - and he didn't think I was.  He told me there were several weeks each year without an ad. I don't remember it that way.

I hope Aldi's new ad campaign hasn't done away with "Produce Picks."   If you haven't seen their new TV commercial you can watch it here.


 :: Milk Prices - Week of 7/15/12 ::
(Prices may vary between stores)

Skim Milk (gallon) - $2.79
2% Milk (gallon) - $2.39
Whole Milk (gallon) - $2.59

Eggs (dozen) - $1.29
Butter (1 lb) - $2.29

:: Burger Prices ::
(Prices may vary between stores)

73% Lean - $2.49 lb.
80% Lean - $2.99 lb.
85% Lean - $3.39 lb.
90% Lean - $3.49 lb.
93% Lean - $3.59 lb.

If you haven't shopped at Aldi, or it has been awhile:
1. Make sure you have a quarter to unlock a shopping cart. The carts are like luggage carts at the airport. You rent them for a quarter, and you get your quarter back when you return the cart.
2. Take your own bags. Aldi does not provide free bags for your groceries.
3. Aldis now accepts debit cards.
4. Aldis does not accept coupons

If you buy something at Aldi you are not please with, they have a double guarantee. If for any reason, you are not 100% satisfied with any product, they will replace the product AND refund your money. More info HERE.

7 comments:

  1. We went to Aldi for milk yesterday and I thought it was strange that i didn't see any great deals in produce. I ended just getting grapes. Hopefully the produce picks will be back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whole and 2% are cheaper than skim? Skim is usually the cheapest. I hope that isnt a permanent change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband called the milk prices "upside down." Maybe it's because fewer people drink whole.

      Delete
  3. I went to Aldi this week and was surprised there weren't any produce picks either. I almost asked but hoped it was just a fluke!! If they are going this direction, I will definitely pay closer attention to the prices at Dierbergs, Schnucks, etc. for produce prices. Aldi's are just so good I usually get everything there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got back from Aldi. Just in case someone wants to know:

    Strawberries-- $1.49.
    Bananas-- 44cents/pound.
    Romaine (3) pack-- $1.79.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant, Romaine (3) in a pack.

      Delete
  5. I do remember last year not getting a flier in my mail for a few weeks and wondering if they had stopped sending them. Seems a strange thing to do though.

    ReplyDelete