Contact Me






Friday, April 16, 2010

Saved 71% This Week

It is really easy to get caught up in the frenzy of finding great deals, and spending more money using coupons than you ever spent before. Ever since I set a budget, I say no to a good deal if it puts me over. I still have a huge stockpile, all the while keeping my spending at less than $50 a week.


Shopping for FREE

Dog treats are from PetSmart. Shampoo, TP and moisturizer are from CVS. It is so fun to shop for free. Both CVS and PetSmart were very accommodating and reduced coupons/ECBs down to my total. It's even more fun to shop at retailers who are coupon friendly.

CVS
Before sales & coupons: $7.78
Total spent: $0.00
Total saved: $7.78 for 100%

PetSmart
Before sales & coupons: $23.96
Total spent: $0.00
Total saved: $23.96 for 100%

Walgreens
For a month, I've only shopped at Walgreens for deals without Register Rewards. It has been refreshing to be Register Reward free, but I've got quite a few bags of personal items I'm donating to April Showers, so my days are numbered that I can stay Register Reward free.

Before sales & coupons: $18.36
Total spent: $2.00
Total saved: $16.26 for 89%

Dierbergs
The baby back ribs were my splurge item this week, but somehow they ended up in the picture, so I've added them in with my regular accounting. I love Dierbergs' 15-Hour Sales. They always include items you don't often see on sale - except at Dierbergs.

Before sales & coupons: $97.82
Total spent: $36.52
Total saved: $61.30 for 63%

Aldi
Comparable Schnucks price: $28.77
Total spent: $12.04
Total saved: $16.73 for 58%

Weekly Totals
Before sales & coupons: $176.69
Total spent: $50.56
Total saved: $126.10 for 71%


Year to Date Totals
Spent: $636.66
($42 weekly average)
Saved: $2,185.01 ($145 weekly average)

Splurge Funds: $104.74

For those who don't read my blog on a regular basis, my splurge funds are the difference between what I've actually spent and my $50 budget. I use it for those items I never find on sale or that I don't have coupons for.

11 comments:

  1. I went to the PetSmart in South County (on Lemay Ferry) and they were very much NOT coupon-friendly. They refused to take the coupon value down to $1.99, so I had to throw in a $0.99 cookie. In the end, I paid $0.97 for two bags of bones and a random cookie. Not a bad deal - but not free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing what you got this week. I always look forward to seeing what deals you find. Here's what I got this week on our $40/week budget:

    http://mrsfishersfindings.blogspot.com/2010/04/grocery-shopping-this-week_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily - Wow, what a different expierence than I had. I shopped at the PetSmart at Chippewa and Kingshighway. The cashier didn't know what to do when my coupon was over the price of the product, and I thought here we go. She called the manager and he was very good and explained to her how to adjust the coupon. My husband was running errand a little later in the day and I sent him back to PetSmart with more coupons. The cashier remembered how to adjust the register and he was in and out of the store quickly. Sorry, your trip wasn't as of pleasant of and expierence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs. Fisher - Thanks for sharing. I love to see what you get too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still boycotting PetsMart after all the trouble they gave me over using B1G1 cat treat coupons. Good thing I have a big stockpile, the kitties wont go hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeri, if you keep saving your splurge fun you should be getting that freezer pretty soon. Let me know when you get it and I will send over some deer meat. lol Of course my husband would have a fit. I need more room in my freezer for 20 cent veg steamers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally missed the petsmart deal this week...how did that happen!!?? Oh well, thanks for sharing your shopping list!! I am always amazed at how much you get with spending so little. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to comment that the South Lindberg CVS store has some really awesome and customer-friendly/appreciate employees. They happily accept coupons and are always willing to try to make the deal work the best for the customer.You always walk away feeling like you have been treated like royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynda - Sorry I won't be able to relieve you of any deer meat. I already have my new freezer planned. Half Breyers Ice Cream and the other half frozen Eckert's peaches. I better get enough money saved to buy it before peach season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Myssie - I don't shop at PetSmart very often. I don't know how long the good price on the dog treats is for. You might still be able to pick them up for free.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Denise - The South City CVS has been wonderful too. I'm glad to hear it isn't an isolated situation. Let's hope all the CVS's that open in town are as good to deal with.

    ReplyDelete