Contact Me






Friday, July 24, 2009

Dollar General: Electrasol for 50 Cents

At Dollar General:

Electrasol, 15 ct. Powerball Tabs - $3.00
$2.50 - 7/12/09 SS
Final price: .50 each (makes it 3 1/3 cents per load)

Use the store locator to find the Dollar General closest to you.

I had never been in a Dollar General before today. I was pleasantly surprised on how neat and clean the store was - not at all like the other dollar stores in St Louis. And obviously, they do accept manufacturer coupons.

Note: The store I was at charged me sales tax on my total purchase before coupons. In Missouri, sales tax is calculated after coupons. I will contact Dollar General about this situation. If any one else in Missouri makes purchases using coupons at Dollar General, please let me know how your tax was figured.

4 comments:

  1. I was told at Schnucks that you are not allowed to charge Tax on an item that you use a coupon on. But when I go to Walgreens, buy 1 items, I am still charged Tax. Or is it the register reward I am using that I am being charged tax on? I would be curious as to what you find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schnucks figures sales tax correctly. Sales tax is figured after manufacturer coupons. I've seen the state statute for this - now to find it again.

    I looked back at my Walgreens recites. I've been charged sales tax when I used Register Rewards also. RR say they are manufacturer coupon and Walgreens recites lists them as manufacturer coupon.

    I have a feeling figuring this sales tax thing out is going to turn into a bigger project than I first though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upfront, DG put out a 10% off Veteran's Day coupon in their expired ad that came out in the SS insert two Sundays ago. I hardly shop at the chain, so usage today is YMMV.

    Now on the issue of taxes on MQ, store coupon, rebates, etc. was changed two or three years ago by Jeff City. I kind of brought up the news to both Schnucks and SnS HQ, after I had trouble at Dierbergs with a Peter Pan MQ. Jars were on sale for a buck each and the $1.00 MQ would lock up the U-Scan register, since I was only buying jars of Peter Pan. A manager explain the change and it has save me some money ever since. Now should cat and RR take off tax also, like at SnS and Wags, not really, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kas - I'm not a Dollar General shopper either, unless I've heard about a deal I can't pass up.

    I emailed Dollar General about the tax situation. I didn't hear back from them so I called the state. I stopped at DG a few weeks ago with a coupon to see if they had changed their registers to they would be in compliance with state statute and they had.

    There are a few "other grocery store" that aren't in compliance with state statute. I need to send out some emails.

    I disagree about RR's reducing your tax. If Wags calls them a coupon then I will too.

    ReplyDelete