Contact Me






Friday, August 14, 2009

Saved 74% This Week

It's a good thing that my husband's purchases this week aren't part of the grocery budget... I managed to stay within my budget this week, and will have several rebate checks arriving someday.

Shop 'n Save

I forgot to use (2) $1 coupons - I hate it when I do that.

Total before sales & coupons: $73.61
Total spent: $4.04
Total saved: $69.57 for 95% savings + I received a $5 Catalina and will send in for the $20 rebate.

Dierbergs

Total before sales & coupons: $50.13
Total spent: $20.21
Total saved: $29.98 for 60% savings + $10 Kellogg's rebate I'll send for.


Schnucks

I visited the new Schnucks Culinaria downtown. I'm not sure I've ever gone sightseeing and grocery shopping at the same time. They had a special on chicken breast for $1.69 lb. and Eckert peaches for $1 lb.

Before sales & coupons: $32.34
Total spent: $15.71
Total saved: $16.63 for 51% savings

Aldi

Comparable Schnucks price: $14.63
Aldi price: $10.11
Total saved: $4.52 for 31% savings


Office Max

Before sales: $10.71
Total spent: .24
Total saved: $10.47 for 98% savings


Walgreens

My husband went crazy last weekend buying Photo Stamps. I gave him a few small Register Rewards and the $5 off $25 coupon to use. I ended up with a couple of bottles of shampoo out of the deal. Since the stamps are not in my grocery budget, I did a little accounting voodoo and figured my shampoo was FREE.

Before sales & coupons: $13.98
Total spent: $0
Total save: 13.98 for 100% savings

Weekly Totals
Total before sales & coupons: $195.40
Total spent: $50.31
Total saved: $145.09 for 74% savings

Totals since April 1st
Total spending: $915.83
($48 weekly average)
Total saved: $3572.99 ($188 weekly average)

3 comments:

  1. Even if you forgot 2 Qs, still A big WOW to your savings at SnS! :) Wish my husband eats pork. He doesn't eat anything which has pork. I could be saving more, I think. :( Care to share how you did it at SnS? And at Schnucks, did you have Qs for the meat and produce? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. coupon.girl - Pork has been the least expensive meat this summer. I wouldn't be able to save as much if we didn't eat pork.

    SNS - Of course I shopped on Thursday for $10/$50 and I had $15 in Catalinas to start. I caclucate the price before sales from the receipt.

    Snicker - FREE coupon from Mars promotion
    Baby Food - FREE coupon from Sunday inserts (and I don't have a baby)
    Diet Cokes - FREE coupon from MyCokeRewards
    Wheat Thins - FREE coupon from Sunday inserts - buy Ritz get Wheat Thins free
    Yogurt - FREE coupons from MyBlogSpark (I'm posting a giveaway the first part of the week for a Yoplait package)
    Pizza - $1.50 coupon from Sunday inserts
    Cheese - $1/2 coupons from Sunday inserts
    Brats - no coupons
    Bacon & Sausage - forgot to use my coupons
    OJ - full price

    Schnucks - I figure the before sale price from info I get from whats listed on the shelf, Schnucks online shoppping or CouponMom data base. I did have $1 off produce coupon from a Miller Chill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, loved your Shop-n-Save deals. I hate when I forget q's but you may be able to take in the q's along with your receipt for a credit. Thanks for posting on my linky.

    ReplyDelete