Contact Me






Saturday, September 26, 2009

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of 9/27/09

Take your pocket change with you to Walgreens because that is all you will need to spend. And you will go home with $11.50 in Register Rewards. What a fantastic week!

Take a look at this week's Walgreens Deals for where to find the coupons.

Print this post

Transaction #1
purchase (2) Theraflu $8 - use (2) $2 manufacturer coupons
purchase (1) Halls Refresh Sugar Free Drops $1 - use .75 coupon
use $2 Walgreens coupon in Healthy Savings Coupon Booklet (will be deducted twice)
= $0.25 out of pocket + receive the following Register Rewards; $4 Novartis and $1 Cadbury Adams

Transaction #2
purchase (1) Gillette Fusion Razor $8.99 - use $4 coupon
purchase (2) Halloween pencils .78
use in-ad coupon for pencils .28
use $4 Register Reward from Novartis
use $1 Register Reward from Cadbury Adams
= $.49 out of pocket + receive $6 Register Reward from P&G

Transaction #3
purchase (1) Vaseline Sheer Infusion Lotion $6.99 - use $1.50 coupon
purchase (1) Halls Refresh Sugar Free Drops $1 - use .75 coupon
purchase (1) Hunt's Tomato Sauce .99
use in-ad coupon for Hunt's Tomato Sauce -.60
use $6 Register Reward from P&G
= $.13 out of pocket + receive the following Register Rewards; $7 Unilever and $1 Cadbury Adams

Transaction #4
purchase (1) Dentek Floss Picks $2.00.- use $1 coupon
purchase (1) Oral -B Advantage 1-2-3 Toothbrush $3.00 - use .75 coupon
purchase (1) Robitussin DM To Go $2.49
purchase (1) ChapStick Fresh Effects $2.99
use $7 Register Reward from Unilever
use $1 Register Reward from Cadbury Adams
= $0.73 out of pocket + receive following Register Rewards; $2 Dentek, $3 P&G. $2.50 Wyeth and $3 Wyeth

Transaction #5
purchase (1) Herbal Essences Hair Care $2.99 - use $1 coupon
purchase (1) Emergen-C Booster $3.49
purchase (1) Halloween Pencil .39
use in-ad coupon for pencils -.14
use $3 Wyeth Register Reward
use $2.50 Wyeth Register Reward
= $o.23 out of pocket + receive the following Register Rewards; $3 P&G and $3.50 Alacer

Merchandise Purchased
2 Theraflu
2 Halls Refresh
1 Gillette Fusion Razor
1 Vaseline Lotion
1 Dentek Floss Picks
1 Oral-B Toothbrush
1 Robatussin To Go
1 ChapStick
1 Herbal Essense Hair Care
1 Emergen-C Booster
4 Halloween Pencils
1 Hunt's Tomato Sauce

Total price before sales & coupons: $58.54
Total out of pocket: $1.83 for 97% savings + $11.50 in Register Rewards to start next week with.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your scenario. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Oral B toothbrush RR didn't print for me at 2 different stores this morning. The managers even tried other varities of the Advantage 1-2-3 and none of them would print the RR. So I got cash back for both of them. Hopefully it's just a glitch and they'll get it fixed sometime this week. Bought 12 freebies, made $4 profit with coupons and I have $32 in new RRs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CJ- My Oral B RR didn't print either. The manager gave me a $3 gift card. You did a great job at Walgreens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. at the Walgreens at Gravois & Rock Hill Road I was given a piece of paper to mail in for the toothbrush RR

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reading all these different blogs but see nothing included in the scenarios about the nyquil. Any help on working that into the deal. They are 2/$10 and there was a $1 off q in tihs weekends paper, plus you get $5 RR when you buy 2. Help. Thank you~!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Graois/Rock Hill shopper - I'm assuming the piece of paper was instructions and a form to send in to the Catalina company. From everything I've read, if you send it in, you will eventually get your money back. In my experiences, the manager has given me a giftcard for the amount when a RR doens't print. I personallly would return the product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NyQuil Shopper - I'm only guessing, but since Thereflu is free or a money-maker this week Nyquil was ignored. At least that is what I did. If you want to purchase NyQuil, add two cheap fillers to your purchae and use a $7 RR from Unilever an $1 from Cadbury Adams and pick it up for $0 out of pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make sure you get the MVP Fusion razor (blue packaging). I mistakenly picked up a different Fusion razor (orange packaging), and it will not generate the RR. I was able to switch it out with no problem, but would have been easier/quicker if I had picked the right one.

    ~Staci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Staci - Thanks for the info. I just got lucky yesterday because the clerk asked me which one I wanted and I said I don't care.

    ReplyDelete