Contact Me






Sunday, September 6, 2009

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of 9/6/09

Here is a scenario to get you started saving a ton of money at Walgreens. Take a look at this week's Walgreens Deals for where to find the coupons.





Transaction #1
Purchase (2) Glade Candles $4 - use (2) Free coupons
Purchase (1) Glade Sense & Spray $5.99 - use $4 coupon
Purchase (2) Reese's Candy $2 - use (2) .55 coupons
= $2.89 out of pocket + Receive $5 in Register Rewards: $1 S C Johnson for candles, $2 S C Johnson for Sense & Spray and $1 Hershey for Reese's

Transaction #2
Purchase (1) Carefree Pantiliners $1.99 - use $1 coupon
Purchase (2) Trident gums $2 - use $1 coupon
Purchase (1) Aquafresh $2.45 - use $1 coupon
Purchase (4) Digital prints .60
Use $1 S C Johnson Register Reward
Use $2 S C Johnson Register Reward
Use $1 Hershey's Register Reward
= .04 out of pocket + Receive $4.50 in Register Rewards: $2 McNeil for Carefree, $1 Cadbury for Trident and $1.50 GlaxoSmithKline for Aquafresh

Transaction #3
Purchase (1) Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Kit $9.99 - use $7 coupon
Purchase (1) Glade Sense & Spray $5.99 - use $4 coupon
Purchase (3) Digital prints .45
Use $2 McNeil Register Reward
Use $1 Cadbury Register Reward
Use $1.50 GlaxoSmithKline Register Reward
= .93 out of pocket + Receive $5 in Register Rewards: $3 S C Johnson for Shower Kit and $2 S C Johnson for Sense & Spray

Merchandise Purchased
2 Glade Candles
2 Glade Sense & Sprays
2 Reese's candy
1 Carefree pantiliners
2 Trident gums
1 Aquafresh toothpastes
1 Scrubbing Bubbles Shower kit
7 Digital prints

Price of merchandise before sales & coupons: $67.74
Total out of pocket: $3.86 for 94% savings and $5 in Register Rewards to start next week

12 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to print out the Automatic Start Kit - any success from anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cash - I can't get it to print now either. I don't know if it's a web site problem or the coupon is no longer available. I'll check tomorrow to see if it's working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not printing for me too. Has anyone been able to print this IPQ before?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you buy any scrubbing bubbles product there is a $3 off a starter kit insert. Still not horrible at $4 w/ RR for what is originally $22 at my WAGS.

    I did print it out a few weeks ago when I had a coupon for $5 giftcard @ target with purchase. I wish I had printed 2 now - it's awesome! Just be sure to not stand in the way...I made that mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cash & coupon.girl - The link doesn't even work now. I hope people were able to print them before they were gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully the next time I go buy the 5 pints of Starbuck Ice Cream it rings up correctly. Within a two day span, I had two managers inform me usage of a RR will cause the catalina machine not to print a new RR. Monday I did accomplish this deal, except the cashier had to manually put in $3.00 for each carton.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kas - When managers tell me a RR reward didn't print because I used a RR I challenge the manager to rering the merchandise at a different machine. I love the look on the managers face when my RR prints.

    The most amazing thing is - I ask the manager if they want to know why it printed and most of them have told me no.

    Although, I don't think this would have worked with Starbucks this week. I've heard there are problems with this RR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend got the "no-RR-if-you-use-a-RR" spiel this week too because the Starbucks RR didnt print, even though the RR printed for the candles and Reeses. Anytime an RR doesnt print, that's their first excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Speaking of RRs, has anyone tried using Walgreens RRs at St Louis grocery stores? I once used a catalina that I got at Walgreens for a specific product at Schnucks but never tried using one of the "Save $X on your next order" RRs. I know grocery stores in some other states accept them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi CJ! Now am so curious which Schnucks accept catalina coupons from Walgreens (or any other stores?) for a specific product. In my experience, the Customer Service at Hampton is not really very coupon friendly. :I

    ReplyDelete
  11. CJ - I've asked at Schnucks if they take Walgreens RR. I was told at two Schnucks they will take any other stores Catalina/RR for a specific product up to $5. They will not except Cat/RR for money off you next order.

    Although, a reader told me her Schnucks will take Cats/RR from other stores for money off your next order. So, it could depend on store management.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I emailed Shop N Save yesterday and they dont take Walgreens RRs. I did use a $2.50 Walgreens catalina for any Ben Gay product at a Schnucks store (I think it was the Des Peres location) earlier this year. I'll have to ask about the money off RRs next time I go to Schnucks. I've seen on other blogs that Albertsons stores take Walgreens RR but not sure what state that is in.

    ReplyDelete