Contact Me






Thursday, November 12, 2009

More Schnucks Deals


Once again this week, Schnucks is advertising Extra Savings! Prices good through Sunday 11/15/09 at Metro St Louis stores only.

Tomato Soup - .38
Limit 6 per order with additional $1o purchase
.40 off 4 - 10/4/09 SS
Final price: .18 each

Stove Top Stuffing Mix - .78
B4G1 tearpad coupon - I've seen these at Schnucks with a Stove Top Display
Final price: .62 each when you buy 5 after coupon

Schnucks Butter - $1.68
$1 coupon available in Schnucks Cooks Magazine
Final price: .68 each

C&H Sugar, 4 lb. bag - $1.77
.35 - 8/30/09 RP
or .30 - 10/18/09 RP
Final price: $1.07 to $1.17 each

Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust - $2
.50 off 2 - internet printable HERE and HERE and HERE
Final price: $1.75 each when you buy 2

Hunter Sliced Bacon - $1.69
Limit 2 per order with additional $10 purchase

Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce - .88
Pillsbury Flour, 5 lb. bag - .88

5 comments:

  1. Where are they advertising this? The price in-store for the butter was the price listed in the regular ad ($2.29). Just curious where you found this, since it isn't on their site either, as far as I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just up at the VA hospital and found a small over-wrapper that I'm guessing came with today newspaper. The sales that Jeri refrred to are printed on both sides of the page.

    IMHO, better to just buy pre-made pies to save your time, unless you picked other ingredients for next to nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia - Like kas said, these prices were advertised in todays Post-Dispatch. I should have put that info in my post. I like to "see" the facts too.

    Kas - I bought pre-made pies long before I even thought what things cost. The few times I tried to make pie crust it was a total disaster. I hope Grandma made homemade pie sometime when my kids were visiting. I would hate for them to go throught life having never eaten those little cinnamon sugar roll ups made with the extra pie crust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeri- Back when I was growing up, there were small stands where one could buy home grown apples very cheap. My mom and grandma did make the home made pies; but given that in most households both parents work or such, even pre-cooked turkeys from the Deli has become popular, according to my sister who works at Dierbergs. On the other hand, when I hear the guy who run that McArthur Bakery states a 1/4 sheet cake cost around $16, even I can make a decent cake from a box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But kas, can you decorate cakes too?

    When one of my sons was a cub scout, his pack had a cake auction. Each Cub was to make and decorate a cake for the auction. My son decided he (Mom) had to make a rocket ship cake. It was a bigger disaster than pie making.

    The neighbors sons' pack recently had one of those cake auctions. I'm not sure of the origianl theme of the cake, but I saw it as they were getting in the car to leave. They labeled it The Grand Canyon.

    $16 sounds like a good price to me (and my neighbors) for a decorated cake.

    ReplyDelete