Contact Me






Monday, January 9, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 1/09/12


We ended up grill over the weekend, so I get to recycle a few meals for last week.

 This week is going to be  a busy one for my family.  Hopefully, with menu planning we can eat at home, instead of delivery or fast food. 

Monday:  Pasta Con Broccoli
  • Whenever mushrooms and broccoli are on sale, Pasta Con Broccoli is on the menu at our house.  The men in my house love their meat.  This is the only non-meat dish I can get  away with fixing.
Tuesday: Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pot Roast
  • The last time I made Pot Roast I tried Pioneer Woman's recipe.  I don't know why, but it's a ton better than my old way of sticking the roast in the crock pot.  Maybe it was because the roast came from Whole Foods?

Wednesday: Ham Sandwiches, lettuce salad, fresh pineapple
  • I have an early evening meeting to go to, so dinner plans tonight will be supper easy.  I bought an extra ham over the holidays, sliced it, and put it in the freezer in meal size portions.  Nights like this I'm really glad I bought that ham.

Thursday:  Leftover Pot Roast
  • My husband and I both have an early evening meeting to go to on Thursday.  And, we are not sure what time it will be over.  The youngest (sixteen) is on his own to warm up dinner, My husband and I will catch what we can when we get home.

Friday:  Pasta, Ham & Pea
  • I have a recipe for this somewhere.  Now, to find it, or just wing it.

Saturday:  Pork tenderloin, long grain & wild rice, frozen veggies, homemade applesauce

Sunday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes & gravy, corn,


What's for dinner at your house this week? 

If you would like more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

8 comments:

  1. We are doing what we can to survive in the midst of a funeral and then an already-planned trip to STL...when we are home (in WI), we're having Cheeseburger Rice, Garlic Cheddar Chicken, and Cheeseburger Pie.

    http://ourfrugalhappylife.blogspot.com/2012/01/menu-plan-18-cheeseburger-rice-garlic.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Pot Roast recipe. It is the searing and fresh rosemary. I do all the searing and then put everything in the crockpot. I have been thinking of making it this coming weekend. My mouth is watering now. Shame on you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Emily I'm sorry to hear about your families loss.

    @Rhonda Confession time. You know me and fresh spices. I didn't use the fresh rosemary, and it was still wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dried rosemary is awful and pokey. No substitute for fresh rosemary. I'm happy b/c my rosemary plant has survived the winter thus far so whenever a recipe calls for it I can step onto the deck and pinch off a few branches.

    Jeri, fresh spices make a world of difference but they are expensive in the store. You can spend $2 on a plant in the spring and have fresh herbs when you need them, no waste, for a full season. I suppose you could bring them indoors for winter herbs but I never remember and the cold gets to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and menu planning. I'm late this week and just did mine:

    tues: leftovers
    Wed: crock pot pork fajitas
    Thurs: Cashew chicken and rice
    Fri: rotisserie chicken and salad.

    Its always a huge struggle in my house. I have so many food allergies to deal with, a son who claims when he's president he's going to ban killing animals for food and a husband doing a new workout routine that requires a stupid amount of protein each day. If my kids weren't in preschool and grade school I'd just make them all fend for themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marcella, I so agree on the the herbs plants. I have an herb garden and also grow herbs in the house. Nothing beats just snipping when needed. And, the flavor - mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rhonda & Marcella - I don't have much luck keeping plants alive either. I always seem to forget about them. Since I had paying the price for fresh herbs, I should make it a goal to give them another go around.

    Marcella - I can't imagine how difficult your menu planning must be. It does get easier as the kids get older. I started to tell mine, that if they didn't like what I fixed, they could get up and make their own peanut butter sandwich. Most of the time they decided what was on the table wasn't that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I longingly remember the days in grad school where if I wanted to eat a bag of popcorn for dinner I could lol.

    I know at some point all the allergies (save Peanuts) will be gone and they will eat normally. When I was little I would only eat white and yellow things (and spinach for some reason) and now I eat pretty much everything.

    ReplyDelete