Contact Me






Saturday, November 28, 2009

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of 11/29/09

For the new Walgreens shopper, Walgreens can seem terribly confusing. If you go in with a plan, shopping at Walgreens is much easier. Here is a scenario to bring home lots of merchandise, spend less than $5 and have $12 in Register Rewards to start next week.

Take a look at this week's deals for where to find the coupons.

Transaction #1
purchase (3) Ecotrins $10.77
purchase (1) Complete Multi-Purpose Solution $7.99
use Advantage coupon for Ecotrin -$10
use coupon for Complete -$1
use in-ad coupon for Ectorin -$4.80
= $2.96 out of pocket + receive $8 Abbott Register Reward

Transaction #2
purchase (2) Oral-B Floss Picks $5
purchase (1) Gillette Fusion Razor $8.99
purchase (1) Christmas Pencil .39 (filler)
use (2) Oral B Coupons -$2
use (1) Gillette Razor Coupon -$4
use in-ad coupon for pencil -.26
use Abbott Register Reward -$8
= $0.12 out of pocket + receive $3 and $4 P&G Register Rewards

Transaciton #3
Same as transaction #1 with a pencil for filler and using a Register Reward
purchase (3) Ecotrins $10.77
purchase (1)Complete Multi-Purpose Solution $7.99
purchase (1) Christmas Pencil .39
use Advantage coupon for Ecotrin -$10
use coupon for Complete -$1
use in-ad coupon for Ectorin -$4.80
use in-ad coupon for pencil -.26
use P&G Register Reward -$3
= $0.09 out of pocket + receive $8 Abbott Register Reward

Items Purchased:
6 bottles of Ecotrin
2 Complete Multi-Purpose Solutions
2 Oral-B Floss Picks
1 Fusion Razor
2 Christmas Pencils

Total price before sales, coupons & rolling Register Rewards: $60.97
Total Out of Pocket: $3.17 for 95% savings and $12 in Register Rewards to start next week

6 comments:

  1. Great deal this week with the contact solution! That is so expensive, thanks for matching this up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny,

    You're welcome. If I remember correctly, contact solution was a small money-maker last year around this time also. My son's the only one in our family with contacts, but I stocked up. I think there is still an unopened bottle. But, I bought more today. One more thing I hope I never have to pay for again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Asst. Mgr. at the first Wags I went to tonight wouldn't let the Ecotrin be a MM for me, so I just voided the whole transaction (for the 2nd time b/c the cashier didn't know how to handle Qs very well) and left. :-( Next Wags had no Ecotrin on the shelf. I think I may just leave that one alone and focus on the other MMs. The woman in line behind me ended up storming out w/o even making her purchase, and there were several more people behind her. If only the BA hadn't been on break...

    ~Staci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Staci,

    Thanks for sharing your experience. I agree, some deals you just have to walk away from. Overage is nice, but it is something you can't demand.

    I've gone to the photo counter when the BA isn't around. I try to avoid checking out at the main register with coupons - unless no one else is in the store. But, I know that is not always possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The $10 off coupons are not going thru. I did it twice and both times the cashiers has to push them thru.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tisha,

    Mine beeped also. I wonder if because the coupons cover many different products if they would beep anywhere you used them?

    ReplyDelete