Contact Me






Saturday, January 16, 2010

Walgreens Deals - Week of 1/17/10

Sale prices good January 17 - 23

For all the Pepsi and Tostitos lovers, this weeks for you at Walgreens. Too bad there weren't a few more good coupons for these products.

Remember, you can roll Register Rewards. Take a look at Using Register Rewards.


I highlight only the best deals. Take a look at Walgreens' full ad here -as of Sunday. Or a scan of the ad at I Heart Wags.

:: Countdown to the Super Bowl Register Reward ::
Spend $20 on these PepsiCo Products and get $10 in Register Rewards!

Snacks - 2/$5
Doritos
Tostitos Chips, Dip or Salsa
Stacy's Pita Chips
Lay's Chips
Fritos Dip

12 pack Pepsi Products - 5/$15
2-Liter Pepsi Products - 4/$5
Gatorade - 5/$5

coupons available:
$1 off Stacy Pita Chips - HERE
.55 off when you buy both Tostitos Chips & Dip - 1/17/10 SS
.50 off Gatorade G2 - 1/10/10 RP

$1 off Tostitos Dip wyb Tostitos Chips - coupon in brochure with Coors Rebate
.55 off 2 Pepsi Max 2-Liters - coupon in brochure with Coors Rebate
$1 off 4 Pepsi 2-Liters - Hang tag found on some Pepsi 2 Liters at Walgreens
FREE Dip when you purchase 2 Tostitos Chips - Tear pad coupon found at some Walgreens

Don't forget about the $10 Coors Rebate when you buy $30 of Tostitos products, Pepsi or other participating products.


:: Theraflu and Lipton Tea Register Reward Deal ::
Buy (1) Theraflu and (1) Lipton product below. Receive $4 Register Reward

Theraflu, 6 pack Vapor Patches, 6 Packets or Liquid, 8.3 oz. - $3.99
Lipton Tea Bags, 40 pack Green, 48 pack Decaf or 100 pack Original - $2.99

$2 off Theraflu - HERE
$2 off Theraflu Sugar Free Nighttime Sever Cold & Cough Walgreen coupon in Diabetes & You Coupon Book

Deal Idea
purchase (1) Theralfu Sugar Free Nighttime 6 pack $3.99
purchase (1) Lipton Tea $2.99
use Theraflu manufacturer coupon - $2
and use Walgreeens Theraflu coupon -$2
out of pocket = $2.98
Receive $4 Register Reward
Final cost: $1.02 Money-Maker after coupons & Register Reward



:: Free this Week ::

Neosporin Lip Health - 2/$8
$3 - HERE (use 2)
Receive $3 Register Reward when you buy 2
(Johnson & Johnson)
Final cost: $1 Money-Maker after coupons and Register Reward

Wet Ones Antibacterial Wipes, 40 pack - 2/$4
$1.50 - HERE (use 2)
Receive $1 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Playtex Products)
Final cost: FREE after coupons & Register Reward


:: Cheap this Week ::

Quaker Quakes - .99
.75 - 1/10/10 RP
Final price: .24 each

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese - .59 with in-ad coupon
B3G1 - 12/13/09 SS
Final price: .44 each when you buy 4

Lindsay Olives - .99 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 - HERE
Final price: .49 each when you buy 2

Planters Peanuts, 12 oz. - $1.99
$1 off 2 - 12/13/09 SS
and use $1 Walgreens coupon in Diabetes & You coupon book (should deduct $2 wyb 2)
Final price: .49 each when you buy 2
Participating product in the Keep the Jingle in your Holidays $10 Rebate

Genuine Bayer Aspirin - $1.50 with in ad coupon
$1 - 10/25/09 RP and 1/3/10 SS
Final price: .50 each

Dawn Dish Liquid, 10.3 oz - .99 with in-ad coupon
.25 - 12/27/09 P&G
Final price: .74 each

Hallmark Cards - $1.50 and up
.42 off with in-ad coupon
Final price: as low as $1.08 each

B1G1 Scotch Packing Tape - $3.49
.50 - 12/6/09 RP (use 2)
Final price: $1.25 each when you buy 2
Warning: Some store might not accept 2 coupons on a B1G1 deal.

Kellogg's Cereal - $1.99
Rice Krispies & Raisin Bran pictured in ad
$1 off 2 - 1/10/10 RP
Final price: $1.49 each when you buy 2

Revlon Double Twist Mascara or Color Burst Lip Color - $6.99
Receive $5 Register Reward good on you next Revlon purchase
Final cost: $1.99 after Register Reward

Pampers Jumbo Pack Easy Ups and Baby Dry Diapers - 2/$20
$2 - 12/27/09 P&G (use 2)
Receive $3 Register Reward when you buy 2 (P&G)
Final cost: $6.50 each when you buy 2 after coupon & Register Reward


:: Filler Ideas ::

Mars Candy - .39
Van Camp's Pork & Beans - .50 with in-ad coupon
Valentine Candy - .50 with in-ad coupon
Bumble Bee Chuck Light Tuna - .69 with in-ad coupon

28 comments:

  1. I think you have a typo on the Pepsi 12pks. The ad in my STLPost today says the Pepsi 12pks are 5/$15, which I'm so excited about w/the RR deal. Pepsi is THE ONLY soda according to my husband, so I may have to do the deal 2x this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly for catching the price difference. I've fixed the post.

    The Post-Dispatch I picked up this morning didn't have a Walgreens ad, so I was working off of an ad scan. I'm glad we are getting better Pepsi prices that another part of the country. (First time that has happened in St Louis)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another challenging day at Wags. My order didn't spit out the $10 for the pepsi and the manager would not just give me one. She said because Iused coupons and that was it. After much discussion and trying to be nice we figured out that the cashier didn't ring up one of the chips and that was the reason. I had to put up with lots of not nice words from the manager and here it was their fault. She never offered an apology. I kept my cool and walked out with my $10 RR. Good thing she is moving to a deifferent store in 4 days. I hope it isn't any of yours. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda - good job standing your ground! They always want to blame coupons when it's usually another issue. I hope that cashier isnt coming to my store!
    I was fearing I wouldnt get the $10 RR because I used $17.50 in RRs to pay but the RR finally spit out way at the end.
    My cashier said they are getting new handheld scanners soon. I hope that means they will be able to scan our coupons better. One of my IPs and even some of my RRs didnt want to scan today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeri - As always thanks for the great deals!!! Maybeline Great Lash Mascara is 40% off. If you buy 3 you get $3 register reward. Sale price $2.57 each (may be a little higher at some stores) with $1.00 off coupons (from previous paper insert) - ends up $.57 each after RR. This is the only inexpensive mascara that doesn't bother my eyes. There are probably other great Maybeline deals! I also needed something else to roll with my pepsi RRs.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynda - Oh, the joys of shopping at Waglreens. I've always wondered how Walgreens managers are treated by their managers. Do you suppose the "attitude" comes from above?

    Maureen, Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dil is a pharmacist at Walgreens and I know how she is treated but it doesn't matter, she doesn't pass it on to her customers.
    She says to always call corporate because they subscribe to the customer is always right theory which can get hairy when you are talking prescriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mac n Cheese is better than listed.

    Buy 4 @ $1.49= $5.96
    -Bogo cpn $1.49
    -Wags cpn $3.60
    = $.87 or $.21 each!

    I did it twice. Gonna go back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always been treated well in the pharmacy at Walgreens. It's like a different world than the rest of the store.

    Thanks, Tiffany - I didn't take into consideration how the B1G1 coupon rings up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where the Tostitos are displayed at SNS, I found tearpads for: (a)$1 off WYB one Tostitos chips and one Tostitos dip and (b) Free dip WYB 2 Tostitos chips.

    Bought 4 Tostitos chips & 4 dips at Wags today. Even if there was 1 Q per purchase restriction on the tearpads which I'm not sure if it also meant 1 Q per transaction, I handed the cashier (2) of the Free dip Qs and (4) of the $1 off.

    She just let me use the (2) free dip Qs and handed me back all the $1 off. I did not argue because I was unsure if I could really use ALL of the Qs I gave her. Ms. Jeri, do you think she should have let me use ALL the Qs?

    Anyways, in summary:
    4 Chips @ $2.50 = $10
    4 Dips @ $2.50 = $10
    Total $20
    Minus (2) Tearpad for free dip @ $2.50 = $5
    OOP = $15 (I used RRs from past deals for this)
    Rec'd RR =$10
    Like spending $5 + tax.

    Need $10 worth more of other items to qualify for the $10 rebate.

    I can't complain but I wish I was able to use ALL the coupons I was hoping I could use on this deal. It could have been "Like spending $1 + tax" only.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi coupon.girl

    I don't have the answer to if you could have used all of your coupons. It depends on how the coupon are coded, but probably couldn't use them all.

    Whenever I don't know if a coupon will work and the cashier denies it, I ask them to see if it scans. It's amazing how many times the cashier gives it a try when I ask. I think they are trying to prove me wrong and say, "See I told you you couldn't use this." Many times they work.

    In trying to finish up the rebate, remember - the rebate qualifing period started on December 11th. If you keep all of your receipts take a look, condiments, platic cups, ice, paper plates and deli items also are qualifing products.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a bad go of it at Walgreens, too. Good thing CVS is open now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you had a bad Walgreens day. It is nice to have options now with CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thought I would mention on the Dawn besides using the .25 off from 12/29/09 there is also a .50 off
    Dawn Hand Renewal that can be used on any Dawn product. I check all my coupons on Dealideal.com
    with their coupon decoder. One example of this last week I used a coupon for .75 off Edge shaving cream for men to purchase Skintimate shave gel as they are made by the same manufacturer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used the $1 off Tostitos chips and dip coupons (4) from SNS. So all total I will end up getting paid $1.50 for buying 4 chips and 4 dips.

    1 Tostitos chip +1 Dip: 2/$5
    1 Tostitos chip +1 Dip: 2/$5
    1 Tostitos chip +1 Dip: 2/$5
    1 Tostitos chip +1 Dip: 2/$5
    =$20
    -$4 coupons
    -$10 RR
    -$7.50 Coors rebate
    = +$1.50

    Oh and I got 4 free candy bars. Yeah me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tracy H - Be careful using Qs that way. Just because it scans for other items, doesn't mean it was actually meant for that item. Coupons can only be coded so much.
    I have a friend that was accused of Coupon Fraud at Walgreens for using coupons that scanned on another family of product, but weren't really for that product. Watch yourself - just b/c they scan doesn't always mean it is right.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Anonymous for passing on the great scenario!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I keep on rereading the wordings on the Coors Rebate. "and/or" appears before deli. Do we have to have EACH of the other items in our receipts? Or does it have to be ANY of those items? Last year, I submitted for a rebate that has almost the same wordings. They notify me thru a mail that I fail to comply with all the requirements. I remembered that I did not submit a Pepsi soda receipt so I sent them a receipt for that and I got my rebate after some weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tracy H,

    I'm in agreement with Andrea with the Dawn coupon. It's not worth a quarter to do something that could cause you problems.

    Another thing to keep in considerations, if Walgreens doesn't carry Dawn Hand Renewal or they don't sell as many of them as the coupons submitted for reinbursement, they won't get reinbursed. Businesses in general, will stop accepting coupon if they are not getting reinbursed.

    There is a lot of "gray" area in couponing. I try to remember when couponing what I've told my kids. "Just because you can, doesn't alway mean you should"

    ReplyDelete
  20. coupon.girl

    I've found beer rebates in general to be very lenient on their qualifying products. I'm surprised you had your denied last year, but glad it got resolved.

    There is an 800 number at the bottom of the rebate form. They would hopefully be able to answer your specific questions.

    ReplyDelete
  21. And speaking of rebate, at ShopNSave Chippewa cor Kingshiway, I "unfortunately" found a Miller Lite $7.50 and another $5 Mail in Rebate forms when you purchase any meat, seasoning, salty snacks, deli items, frozen pizza or water min. $20 purchase. I said unfortunately because at the back it says "offer good only to residents of AL, CT, HI, IN, NC, NJ, SD, UT, VT and WV."

    So what are these rebate forms doing here in a MO store when people here can't use them??? Waiting for tourists from the said states to pick them up and use them?!? :(

    Has anyone of you guys found these rebate forms also? They were on top of a pile of Miller Lite boxes at SNS.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh ok, thanks Ms. Jeri! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. coupon.girl

    That's crazy. I would bet it is either a missprint or the wrong forms got sent to the local distributos.

    But, Cindy at Living Rich with Coupons is from New Jersey. Maybe I should got get her one and send it to her.

    If there is a contact number on the form you should give them a call. Sorry, I've got you busy on the phone this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The number on the $5 and $7.50 Miller Lite mail in rebate expiring 2/7/10 is 1-800-249-1882. I've dialed this no. 10 minutes ago and am still on hold up to now. Wish their answering machine got a background music! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Finally, I got someone on the line, she said that "I" have to tell the store about it and that it's not Miller Lite's fault that a MO store got the wrong rebate forms. :I

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cool! Coors Light $10 Rebate no. 1-800-631-0261 got an "on hold background music"! Made the more or less 20 mins. waiting bearable. :)

    The person I talked to said, a combination of ANY of the items mentioned on the form worth $30 are ok. I forgot to ask though if just the combination of "condiments, ice, paper plates and deli items" would be ok also. I think there must be either a Tostitos chips/dips or Pepsi receipt submission to make it sound right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the advice on coupon fraud. I guess my question is if I enter my barcode on Dealideal.com and it specifically tells my that the coupon can be used for "any Dawn" then it should be fine?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Tracy H,

    I'm not so sure. All of the big national coupon forums will delete any comments about coupon decoding.

    The best explaination I can find about this subject is on Moms Need to Know (cut and paste the link)

    http://www.momsneedtoknow.com/2009/04/16/coupon-ethics-coupon-bar-code-decoding/

    ReplyDelete