Contact Me






Friday, February 12, 2010

Saved 76% This Week

I didn't get to Schnucks this week to pick up the money-making Pillsbury Grands! Hopefully, I'll get there over the weekend. I'm tired of winter and want to hibernate. The best part of couponing and stocking up is that I wouldn't have had to leave the house this week.

Shop 'n Save
I wasn't going to go to Shop 'n Save this week until Kelly reported Kahiki and Riceland Rice was on sale. I quick put a list together and planned on getting a $10 Catalina coupon for buying 10 Kellogg's products. To my surprise, I not only got the $10 coupon, but another one for $4.

I finally got to use my free coupons for International Delight. I had been hanging on to them until a $10 off $50 Thursday was offered, and of course, I also used my $5 off $50 coupon from the Entertainment book. My picture is short 2 packages of Small Step's Napkins I picked up last weekend.

Before sales & coupons: $87.29
Total spent: $17.06 (and $14 back in Catalinas)
Total saved: $70.23 for 80%

Dierbergs
I made money buying the Kraft Salad Dressing last weekend using the manufacturer's coupon from Shop 'n Save's ad, and getting a $3 Catalina. Thanks, Nicole, for finding that great deal.

I was getting desperately low on toilet paper - the family was very relieved I was able to find Charmin at my "buy price." They are toilet paper snobs, and don't think they can live with the cheap stuff.

Before sales & coupons: $33.27
Total spent: $6.77
Total saved: $26.50 for 80%

Walgreens
I didn't get to Walgreens until late on Friday. I wouldn't have gone if I didn't have $5 in Register Rewards expiring. Not that the deals weren't good, I just don't need any personal products.

Before sales & coupons: $16.24
Total spent: $1.72
Total saved: $14.52 for 89%

Aldi
Comparable Schnucks price: $16.42
Total spent: $11.02
Total saved: $5.40 for 33%

Weekly Totals
Before sales & coupons: $152.33
Total spent: $36.57
Total saved: $116.65 for 76% savings


Year to Date Totals
Total spent: $244.52
($41 weekly average)
Total saved: $805.60 ($134 weekly average)

Splurge Funds: $55.48

For those who don't read my blog on a regular basis, my splurge funds are the difference between what I've actually spent and my $50 budget. They are for those items I never find on sale or that I don't have coupons for.

11 comments:

  1. Hi, Ms. Jeri! You always do a good job at SNS. I'm really impressed. :) The store I went to was out of Kahiki General Tso's. I hope Mandarin Orange and Sweet & Sour are as good. :l

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeri-

    We're TP snobs too and only use Cottonelle. For those who may use the same, I've found Cottonelle for almost half the price at Dollar General than what it is at Schnucks for a 6 pack. There are also .50 cent coupons in the paper quite a bit and Dollar General does accept vendor coupons.

    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like our soft tp, too! Just be forwarned, if you start having plumbing/sewer issues, it might be the tp. My sister just had a big problem with her plumbing, and the plumber told her the cottony soft tp is to blame. =(

    ~Staci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi coupon.girl

    I've had the Mandarin Orange and thought it was a bit too sweet, but the rest of the family loved it. The Kakihi chicken alone is very good even without sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shannon - Your comments are very timely. I'm putting together a post on the "stock up price" for toilet paper. Make sure you put your two cents in the comment section there when I get it posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Staci - Oh no! We don't need plumbing problems. We live in an old house. Any little problem becomes a very big problems very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In regard to plumbling problems, I grew up where home owners like to plant trees. When the ground dried up, the roots seem to know there was water in the clay pipes. I'm guessing when the ground was trenched, the workers found lots of tp around those tree roots.

    Given getting a visit by a plumber isn't cheap, a rented electric auger is a bite to haul up and down stairs and manually running a snake is plain nasty, my parents banned anything going down the toilet. One thing to buy at a hardware store is a rubber bag that fits at the end of the garden hose. It goes into the floor drain, the water is turned on and hopefully the extra pressure pushes the clot out to the street.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi kas

    It all sounds nasty to me. The price of a plumber or DYI.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Kahiki General Tso sauce was too spicy for me so I bought Mandarin and Honey this time. Like Jeri said the chicken is great even without the sauce so if I dont like those sauces either, it still a good meal.
    Angel Soft is my fav t.p. but I'll use whatever is a good deal. I've seen way too much of my plumber and the plumbing section at Lowes the past 2 years - new kitchen and bathroom sink faucets, augered toilet, new bathtub fixtures and then a new toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Toilet paper loses me--it's one of those purchases that is so boring to buy, I can't pay attention to prices and I never know what is a good deal--especially because there are so many choices--single rolls, double rolls, mega, etc. I'll look forward to your post! I will just buy when you buy :) Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly - I agree! I get such good deals on everything else, if I pay a little too much for t.p., it's no big deal.

    ReplyDelete