Contact Me






Saturday, February 6, 2010

Walgreens Deals - Week of 2/7/10

Sale prices good February 7 - 13, 2010

An interesting mix of items on sale this week - everything from condoms and K-Y to Poligrip and hemorrhoid relief. Happy Valentines day from Waglreens, no matter what your age.

Remember, you can roll Register Rewards. Take a look at Using Register Rewards.

I highlight only the best deals. Take a look at Walgreens' full ad here -as of Sunday. Or a scan of the ad at I Heart Wags.


:: Free this Week ::

Dove Men's Body Wash - $5.99
$1.50 - HERE
or $1 - HERE
or $1.25 - 1/31/10 SS
Receive $6 Register Reward (Unilever)
Final cost: $1.50 - $1.00 Money-Maker after coupon & Register Reward

Super Poligrip Denture Adhesive - $2
$1.50 - HERE Coupon no longer available
Receive $2 Register Reward (GlaxoSmithKline)
Final cost: $1.50 Money-Maker after coupon & Register Reward
Think about purchasing making money buying this product even if you don't need it. It would make a great item to donate to a nursing home.

Schick Quattro Titanium Razor or Trimmer - $8.99
Mail-In Rebate - 2/7/10 SS
Receive $3 Register Reward (Schick Wilkinson-Sword, and Energizer Company)
Final cost: $3 Money-Maker after Register Reward and rebate


:: Cheap this Week ::

Lindsay Olives - .99 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 - HERE
Final price: .49 each when you buy 2

Kotex Feminine Care - 2/$6
14 to 24 ct. Maxi Pads, 48 to 64 ct. Pantiliners, 18 ct. Tampons
$1.50 off 2 Liners or Security Tampons - 1/10/10 SS
or $1.50 off 2 Tampons - HERE
or $2 off 2 Pads - 1/10/10 SS
or $2 off 2 Pads - HERE
Receive $3 Register Reward when you buy 3 (Kimberly-Clark)
Final cost: .50 to .75 each when you buy 2 after coupons & Register Reward

DayQuil or NyQuil - $4.49
Buy $20 or more, get $10 or buy $15 get $5 in Register Rewards (P&G)
$2 - 1/17/10 P&G
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deal Ideal
purchase (5) DayQuil orNyQuil - $22.45
use (5) $2 coupons -$10
receive Register Reward -$10
Final cost: .49 each when you buy 5 after coupons & Register Reward

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garnier Products
Buy $20 or more of participating Garnier products and Receive $10 Register Reward (L'Oreal)

Garnier Fructis Hair Care - 3/$10
$1 off Shampoo or Conditioner - 1/10/10 RP and 2/7/10 RP
$1 off Style Product - 1/10/10 RP and 2/7/10 RP

Garnier Nutrisse or 100 % Color Hair Color - $5.99
$2 - 2/7/10 RP

Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Care - 25% off
$2.50 off Moisturizer 1/10/10 RP
or $2 off Moisturizer 2/7/10 RP
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deal Idea
purchase (6) Shampoo, Conditioner or Styler = $20
use (6) $1 coupons -$6
Receive Register Reward -$10
Final cost: .67 each when you buy 6 after coupons & Register Reward

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr Pepper, 7 UP, A&W, Sunkist, Canada Dry or Hawaiian Punch, 2 liters - 3/$4
Receive $2 Register Reward when you buy 3 (Dr Pepper/Seven Up)
Final cost: .67 each when you buy 3 after Register Reward

Select Johns Frieda Hair Care - 3/$15
Root Awakening, Luxurious Volume and Frizz-Ease pictured in ad
Receive $5 Register Reward when you buy 3 (Kao Brands)
$2.50 off Luxurious Volume - HERE
$5 off 2 Root Awakening - HERE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deal Idea
Purchase (2) Root Awakening $10
Purchase (1) Luxurious Volume $5
use Root Awakening coupon -$5.00
use Luxurious Volume coupon -$2.50
= $7.50 out of pocket
Receive $5 Register Reward
Final cost: .83 each when you buy 3 after coupon and Register Reward
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gillette Fusion Razor - $8.99
$4 - 2/7/10 P&G
Receive $4 Register Reward (P&G)
Final cost: .99 each after coupon and Register Reward

Dozen Large Eggs - .99

Ghirardelli Chocolate Bar - 2/$3 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 coupon in Walgreens February Coupon Book (find it at the store with the weekly ads)
Final price: $1 each when you buy 2

Old Spice Deodorant - $3.99
$1 - 2/7/10 P&G
Receive $1.50 Register Reward (P&G)
Final cost: $1.49 each after coupon & Register Reward

Motions Hair Care
Buy $10 or more and receive $5 Register Reward (Alberto-Culver)
Motions Hair Care - 3/$10
Motions No Lye Relaxer System - $7
Final cost:$1.67 each when you buy 3 Hair Care after Register Reward

CyroSTAT Hemorrhoid Relief - $5.99
Receive $4 Register Reward
Final cost: $1.99 each after Register Reward

Quilted Northern Bathroom Tissue, 9 big rolls - $3.99
$1 - 1/24/10 RP
Final price: $2.99 each

Huggies Jumbo Pack Diaper, Pull-Ups, Training Pant or GoodNites - $8.99
$1 off diapers - 1/17/10 SS
or $2 off diapers - IE Link or Firefox Link
or $1.50 off GoodNites - 1/17/10 SS
or $2 off Pull-Ups - 1/17/10 SS
and use $1 off Huggies Walgreens coupon in Children's Activity Booklet (if you were lucky and found this )
Receive $3 Register Reward (Kimberly-Clark)
Final cost: $2.99 to $3.99 each after coupon & Register Reward or $3.99 to $4.99 each without Children's Activity Book coupon

Trojan Condoms, 10 or 12 pack - B1G1 50% off
$2 - 2/7/10 SS (use 2)
Final price: ??
Online prices starting at $10.99


:: Filler Ideas ::

Valentine Pencils with Eraser Tops - .20 each with in-ad coupon
Mars Candy - .49 with in-ad coupon
Encore Gourmet Spices - .50 with in-ad coupon

47 comments:

  1. That's a steal on the eggs. I stopped at Schnucks the other day and the large eggs were $1.99!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My scenerio for tomorrow if all goes well:
    Dove Mens body wash 7.99
    Starbucks frappuccino 4.99
    eggs .99 or small box of cereal 1.00
    Schick Titanium razor 8.99
    Total $20.96, pay with $18 in RRs and coupons for $2.96 OOP, receive $10 in RRs and $8.99 for the razor rebate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops, slight correction to my scenerio - I'll pay $5.99 for the Dove, not 7.99. Why do I never see my typos until after I post??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't find theLuxurious Volume coupon. :( Is there another zip code that has it? Thanks! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I remember correctly, you can use the Three Muskateer bars for a filler during Feb and get RR... 3 for $2 - and get $1.00 RR or buy 4 and get $1.50 RR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay...so I'm new to the WAG stuff...I've been following your blog for about a month now. Please tell me if you see any problems in my scenarios.
    Purchase 1
    $20 in Garnier products
    -$6 in Garnier coupons
    spend $14 in RR, get $10 in Loreal RR

    Purchase 2
    5.99 dove mens+care shower gel
    $6 Kotex light days
    .99 eggs
    -1.25 dove coupon
    -1.50 kotex coupon
    Use $10 LO RR, get $3 KC RR and $6 UL RR

    Purchase 3
    5.99 dove mens+care shower gel
    -1.25 dove coupon
    Use $3 KC RR, get $6 UL RR

    I now have $12 UL RR

    Purchase 4
    $6 2 Kotex tampons
    1.99 1 shaving cream
    kotex coupon
    Use $6 UL RR, get $3 KC RR

    Last purchase use $3 KC RR and $6 UL RR to pay for 2 things of condoms...

    When will I need filler?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first problem I see is you can only purchase one Mens Doves BW per transaction if you want to get the RR. You will have to do it in two different transactions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. #3 if the only thing is dove shower gel you will need a filler if you want to use a RR & a coupon...one coupon or RR per item(even the little things like a pencil will count & makes for less out of pocket)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liz - Even at Aldi the eggs were $1.49 last week. Anything close to $1 now is a great buy.

    CJ - Looks good. I'm glad I'm not the only one with typos.

    D - It looks like the coupon is no longer available.

    Anonymous - The 3 Musketeer RR deals is good through 2/21. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amber - Looks like a great scenario. Like Rachel said you will need in transaction #3.

    Also, don't forget about the condom coupons in this weekends inserts. Use 2 condom coupons if you can (sometimes a cashier won't let you use 2 coupons on a B1G1 sale) If you use coupons on the condoms you will need a filler for each coupon used.

    Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amber!

    From my "fortunate" shopping at Wags :)...

    * no. of items = no. of coupons (including RR but excluding Wags coupon)

    * do NOT use a RR on an item from the same company so you can get the RR from that item.

    * just buy ONE of each item that will give you RR per transaction.


    Hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another good day at Wags. I can't believe we can get cheap razors again. Gotta love them. Already doing stocking stuffers for Christmas. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi everyone can someone please help me out by taking a look at my transaction today and tell me what you think. I am so new to this (this was my first actually)

    please let me know if there is something i can do to make it better, etc

    first transaction
    2 kotex
    2 for 6.00
    used a 2.00 off 2 coupon
    total is 4.59 with tax

    received a 3.00 RR

    transaction 2
    3 john freida for 15.00
    root awakening
    used a 2.00 off and a 5.00 off of 2
    total 8.00 then used the 3.00 RR from transaction number 1 total came down to 5.00. 6.46 with tax

    received a 5.00 RR

    transaction 3
    2 kotex for 6
    used a 2.00 off 2
    kleenex 0.89
    and used a m&m as a filler 0.49
    total came out to 1.05 with tax

    received a 3.00 RR

    transaction 4 20z
    bought 1 LA Looks gel 1.99
    and a WAGS brand gel 3oz 1.19
    total was 0.49 with tax

    spent a total of 12.59 for 11 items

    does this look any good?

    thanks so much for any help in advance!
    these blogs help so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. typo on transaction #4
    meant to say
    transaction 4
    bought 1 LA looks gel 20 oz 1.99
    and a WAGS brand gel 3 oz 1.19
    total was 0.49 with tax

    sorry about that

    ReplyDelete
  15. O.k, I guess it's the day for beg. in Walgreen game....here's wht I'm planning to do(my first time)
    Trans. # 1 :
    2 kotes for 6.00
    coupon for 2.00 off
    Dove/Ghiradelli choc. 2 for $3
    Pay : 7.00 + tax
    Get RR : $3

    Trans. # 2 :
    Dove Men's body wash 5:99
    coupon for 1.50
    M&M's 0.49
    Use RR from T#1 $3
    Pay $1.98 + tax
    Get $6 in RR

    Trans. # 3
    Huggies 8.99
    coupon 2.00
    m & m's 0.49
    total : 7.48
    use RR from T#2 $6
    pay 1.48 + tax
    get RR $3

    Please let me know am I in the right direction..Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  16. and please if U can explain what exactly is filler & when do I need it.....Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A filler is an item that you need when you have more coupons than items. Most people get cheap pencils or a cheap candy. RR's are manufacturers coupons. Example:
    3 manufacturers coupons
    2 RR's
    1 wags in ad coupon
    You actually need 5 items because the wags in ad coupon doesn't count. I know it is confusing but don't give up you will catch on after awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sunny - Looks good to me.

    The hardest part of Walgreen is reading about how to shop there. For the new shoppper, you need to put together a plan and take the plunge. Once you expierence it, you'll see it's easier thank it looks.

    There will be bumps along the road - something you miss calculated or some coupon your cashier refuses to take (for who knows what reason). But, the more you shop at Walgreens the more confidence you'll have.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Spice - It's good to see so many Walgreens newbies. It looks like you have a great plan. Don't forget about the Ghiradelli coupon in the Waglreens Febrary coupon book.

    Lynda explained the need for "fillers" as nicely as I've seen it done.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Lynda & thanks Jeri & will look for ghiradelli coupon if I can find...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks to all of you! I'm a "newbie" too, and just reading your scenarios is extremely helpful! I've had a few trips to Wags but don't feel they were too successful. :-( Keep up posts. Joy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Joy

    Don't get discouraged with Walgreens. It is the hardest place to learn all the quirks of couponing, but very rewarding finacial when it works.

    A lot of sucess at Walgrees is shopping at a coupon friendly store with a good cashier.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do you know if the $5.99 Schick Quattro Titanium disposable razors work for the rebate? I got confused and used the $3 off of any Schick disposable razors & $1 off in the Walgreens February coupon book. The rebate doesn't seem to say whether it works for only the $8.99 type or the $5.99 type that I got since they're both Titanium.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jeri, thank you so much for including the African American hair care deals.

    I had (2) $10 rr to use.
    I did 2 transactions (both the same)

    3 Motions Oil Sheen 3/$10
    -$10 rr
    paid nothing
    got back $5rr

    Thanx Again!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the input Jeri!

    Quick questions I've used up my limit on coupons.com for the kotex, now there is no possible way to "reset" the coupons so i can print more now is there? I've tried uninstalling the printer and reinstalling it and clearing my cookies. neither worked. thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am a Walgreens newbie and wanted to run this scenario by you before I go to make sure it is right and will work:
    Tran 1-
    2 motrin -7.98
    -3.00 coupon
    4.98 oop
    get 3.00 RR

    Tran2-
    1 dove bodywash-5.99
    1 kraft m&c-.69
    -3.00RR
    -1.50 coupon
    2.00 oop
    get 5.99 RR

    Tran 3-
    2 motrin- 7.98
    4 3musk-1.96
    -5.99 RR
    -3.00coupon
    .95 oop
    get 3.00RR
    get 1.50 RR

    Tran 4-
    3 kraft m&c-2.07
    2motrin-7.98
    -3.00 coupon
    -1.50 RR
    3.50 oop
    get3.00 RR

    Tran 5
    1 dove bodywash-5.99
    1 candy .49
    -3.00RR
    -3.OORR
    -1.50 coupon
    FREE+ 5.99 RR

    Too complicated? ok? Please let me know!! I don't want to go until it's right!! lol -rebecca bex81@verizon.net

    Read more: http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/contact#ixzz0f8ImRSmk

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Jen - I don't know for sure, but I agree the rebate for just says Quattro Titamium. I would give it a try - all you have to lose is the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You're Welcome Tisha.

    Oh, how fun to pay nothing out of pocket and walk away with Register Rewards.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Sunny - With coupons.com (and other coupon sites) you are done once you print two coupons. Some reset, especially at the first of the month, so you need to keep an eye on them and try again.

    If you want multiples of a printable coupon, you need acess to serveral computers or ask family or friends to print them on their computers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Rebecca - You've put a good scenario together. In Transaction #5, you won't be able to use that many coupon because they exceed the value of the merchandise. Buy (3) 3 Musketeers and you'll be fine.

    Also, don't forget to use the in-ad coupons for the Mars candy and Kraft Mac & Cheese. You won't get the "good" price unless you show them to the cashier.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Jeri - I just tried to print the Poligrip Q and I got the "There are no prints available for this campaign" message, so this one may be NLA.

    ~Staci

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks Staci

    I'll update the post that they are no longer avialable.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Rembrandt.com has a $5 off printable coupon if you register and at Walgreens this week the Rembrandt 2 HR whitening kit with in ad coupon is $9.99 making it just $4.99

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi! I'm pretty new to this, but thought I had it figured out - until my transaction yesterday - I bought the Dove Men's body Wash (5.99), and 2 packages of the Kotex ($6), used mfg coupon for $1.50 Dove and $1.50 purchase of 2 Kotex, and tried to use an $8 RR to pay, (my balance was $9.60) and the RR would not go through. Cashier tried to tell me it was because my total before tax was less than $8, but I know that is not the case. Once I added 2 pencils, the system accepted the RR. Did I really need a filler on this transaction, or do you think it was something quirky with the computer?
    Thanks! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Debbie

    You did a great job even with a couple fillers.

    You used 2 coupons for 3 items, so it seems like you should have been able to use the RR.

    I wonder if since one of the coupon was for 2 products, if the register read it as 2 coupons, so it looked like 3 coupons total to the register and wouldn't allow the RR. In that case 1 filler would have been needed. Did you have to buy 2 to make the RR work?

    I've gotten to the point when shopping at Walgreens with coupons & RR to pick up whatever the cheapest filler is . I don't have the cashier ring it up but have it on standby if needed. Walgeens is always an adventure, but you can bring home a ton of items for very little money.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks Jeri for your response!

    I'm not sure if only one pencil would have worked, I was so flustered I just gave her both. I do like your idea of having a standby just in case it is needed.

    Thanks for posting all of your deals - I love reading about them!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  37. Debbie - I understand your frustration. I've been there too. But, after awhile at couponing you learn it is just part of the terriroty and to adjust as necessay.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Did we get the $1 Poligrip coupon here in St. Louis, 1/3/10 RP? I've read about it on another site. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Coupon.girl - No, we didn't get the Poligrip coupon in the Post Dispatch.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I have decided that buying the suggested item (3 musketeers) makes for a much happier clerk.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Just in case anyone is still thinking about wagging, today (feb 12) they have an extra %15 friends and family discount if you go to walgreens.com. iheartwags.com has some infor on it. Saved me alot today:) HTH

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Lynda - I need to pay more attention to the "suggestive sell" item every month. A successful Walgreens shopping trip depends on the cashier. A little bit of goodwill would probably go a long ways.

    Hi Jenny B - I need to find a better way to organize my Walgreens post. I did post about Friends & Family but obviously it is impossible to find.

    ReplyDelete
  43. :) I know I have read it (15% off, Friday only) here!

    We are low on olives so I decided to go to Wags and "make money" thru RR to pay for them. I was happy that the manager & cashier let me use the 15% coupon on 4 separate orders. Of course, I asked their permission first and told them that I want to use the RR I will be getting.

    I ended up saying a lot of "thank you so much" to them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Just an FYI on the no. of items vs. coupons:

    (1) B1G1 coupon at Walgreens = 2 items.

    For example, if you are going to use (1) B1G1 coupon and (1) RR on one transaction, get the 2 items + 1 filler item to be able to use the RR.

    I've read about this but "experienced" this on my trip last night. I had to grab one filler item.

    ReplyDelete
  45. continuing...

    I think this is the same thing with (1) coupon which is for (2) items, as what Debbie experienced.

    What if it's (1) coupon which is for 5 items, like the coupon $1 off 5 canned goods (usually on tuna or tomato sauce or veggies)?? hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi coupon.girl - I think your right. It seem like the register now counts the items coupons attach to and not the coupons themselves. I'm only guessing, but a $1 off 5 coupon probably counts as 5 coupons.

    ReplyDelete