Contact Me






Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 4/19/10

I have a few items that have been hanging around in my pantry for way too long. My new goal is to do a better job and using them. So, I have two cans of Vega-all mixed vegetables that are getting used this week in soup. I have no idea why I ever bought them - expect they must have been cheap. Anyone have an idea of who to use up two 32 oz. jars of pickles?

Monday: Zesty Vegetable Soup, green salad

Tuesday: Breakfast casserole, toast, orange juice

Wednesday: Leftovers

Thursday: Tilapia, long grain & wild rice, broccoli, fruit

Friday: Grilled hamburgers, french fries, veggie, fruit

Saturday: Baby back ribs, baked potatoes, veggie, fruit

Sunday: Spaghetti, garlic bread, green salad

If you would like more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

5 comments:

  1. I'm from the school that like to add frozen veggies after the stock has developed. Figure around 15-20 minutes before serving. If taste is important, spend the extra money on real base that you should keep in the fridge.

    Pickles, even dills, can be chopped up in use in tuna or similar salads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy K. in IllinoisApril 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

    Not very healthy but you can slice them up, bread and fry! Fried pickles are a great appetizer. Another favorite snack is Buddig beef or salami spread with cream cheese and rolled up with a pickle spear. These are a great finger food for lunches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with the pickle suggestions. I rarely eat pickles...and only with sandwiches. I say find a friend who needs pickles! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to find a use for real maple syrup. Turns out, we LIKE high-frutose corn syrup. Anyway, receipes are killing me, one ingredient short everytime! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the pickle suggestions. But, I think I'm going to take Kelly's advice and find a friend.

    And Kelly, I don't think you should have any problem finding a fiend who likes real maple syrup.

    ReplyDelete