Contact Me






Friday, September 3, 2010

Saved 92% This Week

What a week! I usually think of getting the best deals during October and November. If this week was any indication of what's to come, we are in for a wild and fun fall. And just last week, I said I hadn't been in the mood to shop.

Shop 'n Save - $4.66 Money-Maker
Before sales & coupons: $323.67
Spent: $9.34
Saved: $314.33 for 97% savings and I still have $14 in Catalinas to spend.

I shopped five times at Shop 'n Save this week. My first trip was to test the Kraft Catalina Deal. I didn't receive the coupon, so I called Catalina Marketing to request it. The process is quite easy. Now, we'll see how long it takes for it to get here in the mail.

I made 4 trips on Thursday - spent right at $50 each trip to take advantage of the $10 off $50, and used a $5 off $50 coupon from the Entertainment book each time. Took advantage of the General Mills $5 instant savings when you buy 10, used the $5 Kraft Catalinas I received from buying cheese, the $4 store coupon for Kellogg's/Keebler products, $5 Kraft coupon each trip, and all the other great coupons that hit this week.

Walgreens
I shopped at Walgreens last Sunday. After getting ready for Thursday at Shop 'n Save, it seems like a distant memory.

Before sales & coupons: $30.80
Spent: $4.34
Saved: $26.46 for 86% savings

Dierbergs
The only reason I went to Dierbergs was to use a raincheck from last week. I had coupons for Hormel Bacon Bits when purchasing bagged salad, and wanted to use them before they expired.

Before sales & coupons: $16.17
Spent: $2.97
Saved: $13.20 for 82% savings

Schnucks
This was last week's sale. I did two back to back transactions. I bought four cans of Campbell's to get the $1 Catalina coupon, and used it to help pay for the second four.

I also had my husband stop tonight and pick up some burger buns. I just didn't have the energy to go to the store again today.

Before sales & coupons: $13.91
Spent: $7.39
Saved: $6.52 for 47% savings

Aldi
Comparable Schnucks price: $14.89
Spent: $8.57
Saved: $6.32 for 42% savings

My Splurge
Spent: $305.48

I finally spent my Splurge Funds last weekend on a freezer, and it wasn't any too soon. I wouldn't have been able to buy all the Green Giant vegetables without it.

Sorry about the creepy picture. We live in an old house - all the basements are creepy.


Weekly Totals
Before sales & coupons: $399.44
Spent: $32.61
Saved: $366.83 for 92% savings


Year to Date Totals
Spent: $1,394.55
($40 weekly average)
Saved: $4,476.28 ($128 weekly average)

Splurge Funds: $41.23

For those who don't read my blog on a regular basis, my splurge funds are the difference between what I've actually spent and my $50 budget. I use it for those items I never find on sale or that I don't have coupons for.

21 comments:

  1. congrats on getting the freezer..how big is it? I plan on getting one soon as i get my winnings from pinecone. Where did you get yours? There is a 50 dollar mail in rebate from ameren ue if it is energy star...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sadina. We got the freezer from Lowes. It's 9 cubic ft. and not energy star, but the info with it said it would cost about $33 a year to run.

    The next size up 14 cubic ft was about $80 more and energy star. With our youngest in high school, we didn't think we needed that big of freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my deep freezer...it is over 40 years old and still running well...it is probably far from energy efficient but it works!

    Guess who is running out to buy a new freezer ASAP if hers ever goes down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would just like to say a big thank you! I follow your site and you have helped save me a tremendous amount. I made three trips to Shop N Save and did not do nearly as well as you. But for me it was a proud moment when the cashier told me my purchase was the lowest that day! After the three trips, my OOP was $43. Before sales and coupons it would have been around $240! Better than 80%!Thank you tremendously! From Christy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy you finally got this!!!! Yeah, Happy Dance!! I know you have been wanting it. Believe me, you will fill it up in no time. It only took me a couple of months. Great treat for you and your family. And, yes, it was a fun, fun, fun, week.

    If we all got together with our Coke, we could build a huge display like they have a the store. Or a whole royal court, besides the throne.

    Great job again this week Jeri. I love your blog and again, so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For everyone who bought Coke this week, if you arent already a member of Coke Rewards, you should sign up. Every 12 pack has a 10 point code inside and you only need 30 points to get a coupon for a free 20 oz Coke. Or save your points for other great rewards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Happy Day you got the freezer!!! It won't be long before it is filled to the brim like mine. You will be so happy you have it. My question is now that you have the freezer what are you going to do with your splurge funds now?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jeri--Yep I agree--Glad you were able to get your freezer from your hard earned work at saving. I bet you have a perma smile also. And I have to say your SNS trips was AMAZING. =)
    AND TYVM for everything you do for us all.

    CJ--Do not forget--inside the cap of the FREE 20 oz --you get another 3 pts. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. is the kellogg catalina working in sns yet?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet - Yup, those Coke points just keep on giving! I wish Mtn Dew had a code rewards program.
    Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend after the SNS Thursday marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. coke rewards are great! been saving for Dollywood tics for me and hubby and finally got two! they go almost as soon as they post them. 1390 points for two tickets, got the points then checked the site everyday to see if they were available. got mine then they were out the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did anyone happen to see what the Reader Rewards is this weekend? I just wondered if it was something good since I won't be buying any papers today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job, glad to see you got your freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous - I could never hope to have that many Coke points! My highest was 280 and that was after I transfered 250 points from Recycle Bank. I obviously need to drink more Coke :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. YEAH!!!! I was at a few appliance stores this week looking for my stupid new range and walked longingly down the freezer aisles.

    Congratulations on your new freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the freezer! We could use a bigger one for our family of 7, but I am grateful to at least have the one we have!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was able to find a small used deep freezer in great condition for $75 on Craigslist a few yrs ago. Still works great. If money is tight I would def suggest watching for used before buying new. Of course it's likely that I will have to replace ours sooner than I would a new one. Sometimes it's about saving money now and other times it's about saving money over a period of 20 or 30 yrs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another good thing about your Coke Points. For every 12 pack you enter (up to 3 codes a day) there is an instant win game that will pop up. They are giving away 1 million points. I have won 10 points twice already. Also, there is a Instant Win under spend your points for Sears. You can click on rules and go to 5c and get 5 free entries a day. The prizes are $20 Sears gift cards.

    Janet - I live in Rosewood Heights. Are you close. You mentioned the little Farm Fresh chain and I live only a 2/3 of a mile from the one on Airline Drive.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I ended up going to buy a freezer tonight...after the rebate i will have paid 144$ for a 7.2 cu ft, which came from my pinecone winnings...now i can finally stock up on things that need to be frozen....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks everyone. Only in the couponing world would so many people be excited over a new freezer. But we are!

    Christy - Great job! Don't compare yourself to anyone else. Everyone has different needs. As long as you're happy with your savings that is all that is important.

    CJ - Thanks for the reminder about My Coke Rewards.

    Lynda - I think I should save for a bike rack for the "new to us" mini van. I need to do something to wear off the calories of the the free Mocha Frappes at McDonalds.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi to All--I think you guys did a great job last week. I have been waiting for confirmation on the Kelloggs deal for our area. I left my receipt at my moms and cannot check that way yet. Will let everyone know ASAP when I know more. =) Please keep posting if you do find any deals.

    Sadina--You might get your wish to fill you freezer next week with on going sales/Cat deals at SNS. =) I will be cking Tuesday for sure on any double dips/lowest possible OOP for the next week and post any ideas I come up with. And do not forget Jeri posted the Kraft B5G5 ends 9/7 also. =)

    Rhonda--I am going to email you. =)

    ReplyDelete