Contact Me






Saturday, September 25, 2010

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of 9/26/10

The most cost effective way to shop at Walgreens is to roll your Register Rewards from week to week.

If you are following my Walgreens $5 Scenarios,  you have a $1 P&G Register Reward from last week to start with.

I have five transactions in this week's scenario, but they are quick and easy.  I checkout at the cosmetic counter when I'm doing multiple transactions.  Transaction usually go a little smoother at that register.

Check out all of this week's Walgreens deals HERE.

Transaction #1
purchase:
(1) Fullbar Fit Appetite Control Bar $1.99
use:
P&G Register Reward from last week -$1.00
= $0.99 + tax out of pocket and receive a $2 Fullbar RR

Transaction #2
purchase:
(1) Vick's Sinex  $6.00
(1) Halloween Tumbler or Gift Sack $0.49 (needed as filler to use RR)
use:
(1) Sinex coupon (9/26/10 P&G) -$4.00
Walgreens in-ad coupon fro Tumbler or Gift Sack - $0.36
Fullbar RR from previous transaction -$2.00
= $0.13 + tax out of pocket and receive a $2 P&G RR

Transaction #3
purchase:
(1) Emergen-C Vitamin C Supplement  $3.49
use:
P&G RR from previous transaction -$2.00
= $1.49 + tax out of pocket and receive a $3.50 Alacer RR

Transaction #4
purchase:
(1) Hyland's Cold 'n Cough 4 Kids $4.99
(1) Halloween Tumbler or Gift Sack $0.49 (needed as filler to use RR)
use:
(1) Hyland's printable coupon  -$1.50
Walgreens in-ad coupon fro Tumbler or Gift Sack - $0.36
Alacer RR from previous transaction -$3.50
= $0.12 + tax out of pocket and receive a $5 Hyland's RR

Transaction #5
purchase:
(1) Vaseline Sheer Infusion Lotion $5.99
use:
Hyland's RR from previous transaction -$5.00
= $0.99 + tax out of pocket and receive a $5 Unilever RR

Items Purchased
(1) Sinex
(1) Fullbar
(1) Emergen-C
(1) Hyland's Cold 'n Cough
(1) Vaseline Lotion
(2) Halloween Tumblers or Gift Sacks

Total retail before sales & coupons: $28.93
Total out of pocket: $3.72 + tax for a 87% savings
And a $5 Unilever Register Reward to start next week

If you don't have the $1 in Register Rewards to start with, you will spend $4.72  with this scenario for a 84% savings.

2 comments:

  1. I've been following your $5 scenarios, and sometimes they work for me, and other times it doesn't. It must be because I forget a coupon here or there in between the rush of having 5 transactions and a huge line forming behind me. Here's what I scored this week.

    http://mrsfishersfindings.blogspot.com/2010/09/walgreens-run_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Fisher - Thanks for the link. I always love seeing what others purchased.

    To make multiple transactions easier. I always check out at the Beauty Counter, I put each transaction on a file card & paper clip my coupons for that transaction to it, and make note of any RR I've got coming.

    I like it when someone comes up behind me to check out. I'll step aside and let them go ahead. It gives me time to regroup and make sure I've got the next few transactions lined up correctly.

    ReplyDelete