Contact Me






Saturday, October 23, 2010

Walgreens Deals - Week of 10/24/10

Sale prices good  October 24 - 30, 2010

My coupon match-ups are from the inserts in the St Louis Post-Dispatch. If you have coupons from other inserts, your coupon values or availability might be different.

I highlight only the best deals. Take a look at Walgreens' full ad HERE.

This is an updated list from the Sneak Peek I posted on Thursday. Additions to the list are noted as *NEW*.


:: Free This Week ::

Contac Cold + Flu (28 ct) - $6
Get a $6 Register Reward (McNeil)
$2 off any Contac Product printable coupon (register or sign in)
or $2 - 10/10/10 RP
Final cost: $2 Money-Maker after coupon and RR

Chestal Adult Cough Syrup (8.45 oz) - $6
$6 Mail-In Rebate - rebate prints at register
$1.50 - 1/24/10 RP (coupon not in the Post-Dispatch)
or $1 off Chestal  printable coupon
Final cost: $1 Money-Maker after coupon and mail-in rebate.
The rebate form might say the rebate is after coupons. 

Colgate Sensitive Toothpaste (6 oz) - $3.49
Get a $3.50 Register Reward (Colgate-Palmolive)
$1 off Colgate Sensitive Toothpaste printable coupon
or $1 - 10/10/10 SS
Final cost: $1 Money-Maker after coupon and RR

Children's Mucinex Syrup (4 oz) - $6.99
$6.99  Mail-In Rebate - rebate prints at register
Final cost: FREE after rebate

Pill Glide Swallowing Spray (1 oz) - $5.99
$5.99 Mail-In Rebate - rebate prints at register
Final cost: FREE after rebate

*NEW* Mentos Gum (15 ct) - .99 with in-ad coupon
$1 - 10/3/10 SS
Final price: FREE
Give the manufacturer coupon to the cashier first to make this transaction go smoother.


:: Cheap this Week ::

Trident Layers Gum (14 pieces) - .99 with in-ad coupon
.75 off Trident Layers Single Pack printable coupon (Facebook)
Final price: .24 each

*NEW* Quaker Quick-1 Minute Oats -$1.50
$1 -9/12/10 RP
Final price: .50 each

Buy $10 or more of participating products, receive $3 in Register Rewards and  (2) FREE Redbox movie rentals
Chex Mix - $1.50
.50 off Chex Mix printable coupon HERE and HERE and HERE
Bugels - $1.50
.50 off Caramel or Chocolate Peanut Butter Bugles printable coupon HERE and HERE and HERE
Hershey's Pieces - $2.99
.50 - 9/12/10 SS
Dr Pepper, 7 Up, A&W, Sunkist, Canada Dry or Hawaiian Punch (2 liter) - $1
Poppycock - $2

Deal Idea
buy:
(6) Chex Mix or Bugles @ $1.50 each = $9.00
(1) Soda $1.00
use:
(6) .50 Chex Mix or Bugles coupons -$3.00
pay: $7.00
get: $3.00 register Reward
Final cost: $4.00 for 7 products or .57 each + 2 FREE Redbox Rentals

Kleenex Facial Tissue (78 or 110 ct.) - .89 with in-ad coupon
 .50 off 3 - 10/3/10 SS
Final price: .72 each wyb 2 after both coupons

Colgate Total Advanced Toothpaste (4 oz) - $2.99
Get a $1 Register Reward (Colgate-Palmolive)
$1 - 10/10/10 SS
Final cost: .99 after coupon and RR

Air Wick Candle - $3.99
Get a $1 Register Reward (Reckitt Benckise)
$2 off Air Wick Candle printable coupon
$1 - 10/24/10 SS
Final cost: .99 after coupon and RR

Crest Vivid or 3D white Toothpaste - $2.99
Get a $1 Register Reward (P&G)
$1 - 9/26/10 P&G
Final cost: .99 after coupon and RR

Purex 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets (20 load) - 2/$9
Get a $1 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Dial)
$3 - 10/10/10 RP (use 2)
Final cost: $1 each wyb 2 after coupons and RR

Brach's Autumn Candy - 2/$3
Get a $1 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Farley's & Sathers)
Final cost: $1 each after RR

Alka-Seltzer Plus (10 or 20 ct) - $3.99
Get a $5 Register Reward when you buy 3 or more (Bayer)
$1 - 10/24/10 RP (use 3)
Final cost: $1.32 each wyb 3 after coupons and RR
** If Alka-Seltzer Plus Fast Powder Packs are included in this sale, this will be a money-maker with the $3 coupon in the 10/24/10 RP insert.

*NEW* Folgers Classic Roast (11.3 oz) - $2.50
$1 - 10/10/10 RP
Final price: $1.50 each

Axe Shower Gel or Detailer - $3.99
B1G1 - 10/24/10 RP
Final price: $2 each wyb 2

*NEW* Wonka Mix Ups (22 oz) - $4
$1.50 off Wonka Mix Ups printable coupon
Final price: $2.50 each

DiGiorno Pizza (12 inch) - 2/$9
Get a $1 RR (Nestle)
$1 - 9/12/10 RP (use 2 )
Final cost: $3 each wyb 2 after coupons and RR

Always Maxi Pads (20-48 ct) or Tampax Tampons (40 ct) - 2/$11
Get a $1 Register Reward wyb 2 (P&G)
$2 off Always Pads - 9/26/10 P&G
or $2 off Tampax Pearl or Compact Pearl - 9//26/10 P&G (if included in sale)
Final cost: $3 each wby 2 after 2 coupons and RR

Slim Fast Bars (5 pack) - $4.99
$1.50 off Slim Fast Bars printable coupon
Final price: $3.49 each

Huggies Diapers or Pull Ups (Jumbo Pack) - $7.99
Get a $1 Register Reward (Kimberly-Clark)
$2.50 off Huggles Little Snugglers or Little Movers printable coupon
$2 off Huggies Little Snugglers or Little Movers - 10/17/10 SS
$2 off Pull Ups printable coupon
$3 off 2 Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers printable coupon
$1 off any Huggies - 10/17/10 SS
Final cost: As low as $4.49 after coupon and RR

B1G1 Lysol Healthy Touch Hand Soap System (8.5 oz) - $14.99
$3 off Lysol Healthy Touch Hand Soap Starter Kit printable coupon (use 2)
Final price: $4.50 each wyb 2


:: Filler Ideas ::

Roayl Gelatin- .20 with in-ad coupon
Hydrogen Peroxide - .33 with in-ad coupon
Act II Popcorn Balls - .39 with in-ad coupon
Scotch Transparent Tape - .49 with in-ad coupon

20 comments:

  1. There are two colgate register rewads this week...do you think that if i buy both in the same transaction that both will print off? They are the same company, but two different deals....hmmm i dont know whether i want to try it or not haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous - I'm not sure. It's really hard to predict in this case. I usually take a safer than sorry attitude.

    You could ask at the beauty counter if they would ring both up to test what would happen. If you have a good relationship with the beauty advisor, they might do this for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe I had the manager of the walgreens on Wentzville parkway tell me that I could not check out more than once? She insisted this was a new Walgreens policy. After going back and forth, I stated that I would just leave and come back and she stated that they would refuse my business because I had already checked out once today. Regardless of the impossibility of monitoring this, I don't think they could actually refuse to sell me products for this reason. FYI I wanted 3 transactions with 3 items each. I left the store and proptly called 1800Walgreens. She told me they would take care of it. I went to another walgreens just down the road (there's one on every corner) and they were more than happy to have my buiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I've had more than my fair share of grumpy cashiers, but never one that refused service. One rolled her eyes when I asked about multiple transactions, and told her co-cashier to open another drawer because "this is gonna take forever" (her words) I checked my reciepts, and the three tansactions all occured with a matter of 2 minutes.
    Hmm. Forever? I just smiled and waited on her to ring up my items.
    Many cashiers have been super friendly and helpful though! I try to go early mornings, around 7-8am as not to fluster any one as I whip out my wad of coupons.
    That is really frustrating though, but good job calling her out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anyone know if there are Skippy peanut butter coupons anywhere? 2/$3.00 at Walgreens & would like to include them in one of my purchases this week. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning to All:

    Patti-Check the 10/3 RP for Skippy coupons, there should be either -$.75/2 or a -$.60/1 coupon in there. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chris - I can believe a Walgreens manager said that. In fact, I wouldn't doubt anyone who told me a crazy Walgreens story. I've heard several stories where a Walgreens manager has told a customer they don't want their business.

    I can't believe the "good" managers don't picth a fit when they hear something like this. Many people wouldn't shop at any Walgreens if they were treated like you were.

    Good for you for calling Walgreens. From what I've been told Walgreens managers are evalutated on customer feedback to corp.

    Hi Carolyn - I'm like you and like to shop when the store isn't so busy. I've also gotten to know when my favorite cahier works and check out with her at the Beauty Counter.

    Hi Patty - If your in St Louis, there hasn't been any Skippy coupons in the Post-Dispatch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Question for you more experienced couponers!

    I used the $6 RR from the Contac Cold & Flu to purchase the children's Mucinex. The cashier (very nice, cosmetic counter, Gravois Bluffs in Fenton) said I would only get a $0.99 rebate since that was all I "paid" (after the RR). I gambled and used the RR for the item (the only item in that transaction).
    Is the cashier correct?
    Thanks!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debra - I'm not sure I can answer your question. I haven't done any of the Free after rebate offers.

    I took a look at some coupon forums and people there are still debating if they will get full price back when they use a coupon or RR. Walgreens just started these Free after Rebate offers a few months ago, and people are still waiting to get their money from the rebates.

    Reader CJ is our rebate expert here at Coupon STL. Hopefully, she will see your quesiton and have a better answer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jeri - I hope CJ will weigh in on this one. Even if I only get $0.99 as a rebate (hardly worth the postage~) it will have been a good learning experience. I'll report back.

    FYI: The Colgate Sensitive toothpaste coupon reached its print limit and is no longer working.
    Thanks for such a terrific blog!!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Debra - As with any rebate, copy everything (or scan and put it in a file on your computer) before you mail the thing off.

    I'm anxious to hear how these rebates actually work. I think we are going to be seeing more and more of them at Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi All - I dont usually do cold medicine rebates so I dont know in this case. The only thing to do is follow the fine print on the rebate form. If it says not good with other discounts or offers then you run the risk of not getting the full amount back. Of the hundreds of rebates I've done, I've only had a very few rejected or not received the full amount, due to using coupons or RRs. The last Walgreens rebate I did, I used several coupons in my transaction and still received the full amount.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks CJ,
    All who are curious the REBATE FORM (Children's Mucinex) reads:

    "To receive your $6.99 rebate on select Chldren's Mucinex items MAIL THIS FORM ALONG WITH THE ORIGINAL UPC AND A COPY OF THE WALGREENS RECEIPT WITH PURCHASE PRICE CIRCLED TO ... {address}"

    "RULES: Limit 1 Childrens Mucinex rebate per household between 10/24/10-10/30/10. Offer valid for residents of the US or Puerto Rico. Limit one (1) per household or address except in RI, limit two (2) per household or address. This original certificate and original UPC code from the package and a copy of the cash register receipt must accompany your request. Photocopies or other mechanical reproductions of this certificate will not be accepted. Offer void where taxed, prohibited, or restricted by law. The following individuals and their families are not eligible for participation in this offer {Reckitt Benckiser related entities}. Only street or rural addresses are acceptable. Reckitt Benckiser is not resonsible for late, lost or misdirected mail. Offer expires 10/30/2010. All requests for rebates must be postmarked by 11/29/2010. Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing."

    So I don't see it prohibiting being combined with other offers.

    In case anyone would like to see the scenarios I did this week (thank you Jeri for your inspiration) here they are:

    Transaction 1:
    (1) Colgate sensitive toothpaste on sale @ $3.49
    (2) Mentos gum $1.69 each = $3.38
    (2) Royal gelatin $.69 each = $1.38

    Use WAG coupon for gum ($.70 each) = -$1.40
    and WAG coupon for gelatin (.47) = - $0.98
    (2) Mentos MFG coupon ($.99 each) = - $1.98
    RR from last week - $2.60

    Paid $0.29
    Got a $3.50 RR for the toothpaste

    Transaction #2:
    (1) Contac Cold & Flu on sale $6.00
    (4) Royal Gelatin $.69 each = $2.76

    Used
    Contac coupon (10/10 RP) -$2.00
    WAG coupon gelatins -$1.40
    RR from last week -$1.00
    RR from prior transaction -$3.50

    Net $0.10
    and got a $6.00 RR

    Third transaction

    children's Mucinex $6.99
    used RR from 2nd tnx'n -$6.00

    Net $0.99 and got the mail-in rebate for "$6.99" if it works.

    So, total purchased:
    1 Colgate Toothpaste
    2 Mentos gum
    6 Royal gelatin
    1 Contac cold/flu
    1 children's Mucinex

    out of pocket: $1.38 with a mail-in rebate for the Mucinex.

    Total savings (per bottom of receipts) =
    $27.35. I feel pretty good about that, even if the rebate fails, since these are items I'm likely to use.

    Thanks all!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi All-Just my 2 cents: Ask for a Rebate Receipt before the cashier starts to ring your items, not all cashiers know how to do this and you may need the manager. The Rebate Receipt only shows the item purchased and the amount of the item no deductions or such. I have done this many times in the past and have always gotten the rebates back for the full amounts. HTH.

    WTG Debra on the Wags trip =)

    I been rolling the $5 Coke RR to the $3.50 Colgate RR + filler items, then to the $6 Contac RR and back to the $5 Coke RR. Been a very good week at Wags so far. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debra - Sounds like people should be able to get the full amount back for the Mucinex even if they use coupons. Thanks for the details. Most of the Walgreens rebate forms also have a toll free phone number you can call for info.

    I had no trouble getting 2 Mentos gum for free today handing over the 2 $1 MQs first, then the in ad coupon. Also got a free Pepsi and free Zone Perfect bar using coupons from Facebook, and made $2 coupon profit on the Contact.

    I hear there will be 2 new after RR freebies available 10/27-10/30. Balance Bar for $1.59, get $1.60 RR - use B1G1 MQ from 10/10 inserts to get 2 free. Also Full Fit Bars are $1.99, get $2 RR.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi CJ - Thanks for sharing your experiences with rebates.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Debra - Thanks for transcribing what the rebate form says. Looks to me that you will get the enitre $6.99 back too.

    Great scenarios! It was my hope that readers would take inspiration from my $5 Scenarios and learn how to roll RR to spend very little for the products that worked for them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. CJ - I'm glad your back in town. I missed your shopping recap on Sunday morning. I always look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi All and Sorry my bad for misunderstanding the rebate question. I was forgetting Wags had items free after rebate this week. I had done a couple this way and have used coupons and still rec'd the full amount back. The last one I did was Crayola, I have not rec'd that one back yet. =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jeri - I missed my regular Sunday morning trips too! I may skip CVS this week but hope to hit Walgreens in the morning.

    Janet - I called the Crayola rebate people the other day and they assured me that the rebates have been processed and are being mailed. Hopefully we'll get them soon.

    ReplyDelete