Contact Me






Saturday, November 13, 2010

Post Dispatch Coupon Preview - 11/14/10

Sunday's St Louis Post-Dispatch has Four coupon inserts - SmartSource, GM  and (2) Redplums plus a couple coupons in the Parade Magazine and another CVS coupon in their ad.

$10 off $50 at Shop 'n Save on Thursday

$5 off $20 or more coupon for CVS - find it on the back page of their ad.

Note: I picked up a paper last week at CVS and again this morning.  The new South City CVS is only charging $1.50 for the Sunday paper.  I don't know if they have their computer programmed incorrectly, or if all the CVS's are selling the paper for this price.

A few if my favorite coupons this week:

Smart Source
  • $3 off Air Wick Candle
  • $2 off Huggies Little Snugglers or Little Movers
  • $1 off Infusim 23
  • $1 off Colgate Total or Sensitive
  • $1 off Marzetti Salad Dressing
  • $1 off Nabisco Crackers
  • $1 off Farmland Lunchmeat Tub
  • $1 off 2 Durkee Seasonings or Extracts
  • .75 off Rhodes Rolls
  • .50 off Reynolds Oven Bags
Redplum
  • FREE Pasta wyb 2 Ragu Pasta Sauce
  • $10 off Oral-B Vitality Toothbrush
  • $2 off Olay Facial Cleanser
  • $1.50 off Duracell
  • $4 off 4 Purina Dog Snacks
  • $2 off 2  Purina Friskies Cat Treats
  • $1 off Vaseline Lotion
  • $1 off California Pizza
  • $1 off DiGiorno Pizza
  • $1 off Rhodes Rolls
  • $1 off 2 Keebler Crackers
  • .50 off Skippy Peanut Butter
  • .50 off Hellmann's
  • .50 off Herbal Essences or Aussie
General Mills
  • $1 off 2 Chex
  • .50 off Chex Mix
Parade Magazine
  • $3 off 2 Theraful products
  • $1.50 off Theraflu
This is a good week for food coupons.  I'll be purchasing a few more papers than I usually do.

Remember: You want multiple coupons to use when a product is at a rock bottom price. When it's a good coupon insert week, I purchase 4 or 5 papers and sometimes acquire more. At first, I thought it was crazy to spend money to save money. But I've always saved much more than my investment.

Sam's Club is still selling the Sunday Post-Dispatch at a reduced price, $1.50. Dollar Tree and DEAL$ no longer sell the paper.

14 comments:

  1. I may have to make a drive to the South City CVS if they keep having the $5/$20 coupons in the ad and cheap papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CJ - I'm anxious to hear from someone else who has pruchased a paper at one of the other location. I don't know if it's just that store of all of them in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the $1.50 paper still be $1.50 if we buy it on Sunday at the new South City store? Or do we have to buy the paper on Saturday to get it for this price? TIA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up a paper for $1.63 at the Grav/Chip store. No CVS ad or a $5 off $20 coupon. What was strange is that the paper included the TV guide

    ReplyDelete
  5. For anyone who is going out shopping FOR TODAY ONLY--there is a coupon online to save $5 off a pack of 3 $10 Itunes giftcards at Shop N Save. This is great for anyone who purchased SNS giftcards with the Ent book coupon a few weeks back. The coupon is here earlyshoppingpays.com but ends today!! A pretty good gifts for nieces and nephews and stocking stuffers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Creve Coeur also had papers for $1.50. I got the last 2 they had. Thanks Jeri, I hadn't even thought to price check them there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought a paper at the Gravois and Chippewa CVS tonight at about 8:00 pm. I got the last one they had......it had the smart source coupons and the General Mills coupons, but no CVS ad, or Red Plum coupons. The cost was $1.50 plus tax, which brought it to $1.63

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think there should be tax on the paper. Unless that is an Illinois thing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi All - I purchased a paper at that new South City store (Gravois/Chippewa) and it had all four inserts and the CVS ad. It's hard to believe how the same stack of papers can have such different inserts.

    I paid tax on it too. I never include the tax when I post, because it varies depending on where you're at.

    We've always paid tax on newpapers in MO. We even have to pay tax on food. But tax is calculated after coupons, when a store is calculating tax correctly.

    Illinois shoppers - Do you pay tax on food?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always paid tax on the paper at stores too.

    Air-Wick candles are reportedly $2.99 at Target in some areas. If they are that price here, the $3 Air-Wick coupon makes them free. Also the $2/2 Friskies treats coupon stacked with $1/2 printable from Target's site gets you 2 free pouches.

    The Post-Dispatch delivery continues to annoy me. This week I got the ads and coupons on Sat as should be but the news sections hadnt come by 6am today when I left for work. With the problems with the papers at the stores that everyone is reporting, looks like I have to settle for continued lousy home delivery :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm old enough to remember when a weekly paper was a dime and a Sunday one sold for fifty cents. Give thanks to the clowns in Jeff City for coming up with a newspaper tax which was just pass onto the consumer. Get into out-state MO and it's common not to be charged the tax.

    Although the tax on food over in Columbia, IL is a penny per dollar, the city of Chicago is around 8%, I hear. I have found one St. Louis City grocery store still taxing on the pre-coupon amount not after MQ are deducted.

    Probably anything not on newspaper stock is probably done by a 3rd party printing company. I've been to one plant where a recent run consisted of a Target ad that wouldn't be in a paper for another six weeks. The P-D Maryland Heights plant handle what most would call the newspaper, except the place been open for a few years now. A machine breaks down and one or two hour delay for repairs is very common. When the papers were delivered by independent contractors who owned their route, missing or a late paper meant telephone call from irrate customers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Sunday Post Dispatch was $2 at the South County (Lindbergh and Lemay Ferry) CVS. I bought some anyway with the $5/20 coupon making them $1.50. I always check to make sure all the inserts are included. Two of the ones I checked were missing SS. It takes time to check, but worth it in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi kas - Thanks for the info. I always love your insight.

    Hi KC - It looks like the new CVS's are the only two stores selling the paper for $1.50. The price of the paper went up just a few week's before they opened. I'm sure that has something to do with why they are still selling them at the old price.

    I agree it's worth the time to look through the papers before buying. I thinks it's more and more common for a paper to be missing inserts.

    ReplyDelete