Contact Me






Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Shopping Field Notes

photo by Salvatore Vuono

Walgreens - Reader Kelly in West County left these notes in comments of Walgreens Black Friday deals at 3:31 am.  Wow!   I'm always impressed with the late night shoppers. The few comments I added are in italic.
Thanks, Kelly!
  • $5 off olay wyb secret (10/31/10 P&G) took the full $5 off for me and did not give any problems buying the splash instead of deodorant.
  •  $2 Clairol family coupon (10/3/10 P&G) worked just fine on the herbal essence.
  • $1 Olay coupon (10/31/10 P&G) worked fine on the body wash and still produced jingle cash. (There were rumors that if you used this coupon, the RR wouldn't print.)
  • $0.99 RR did not print when we purchased the Hawaiian Punch or Diet Dr Pepper. It did print for the 7-Up. The manager gave us cash back since they didn't print. Some of the 7-Ups had $1/2 hang tag qs on them. 2 free sodas! (At the store I shopped, the 7-Up wasn't printing either, although the cashier told me it had been printing earlier.)
  • Only White cans of Nivea shave gel cans are not included in the sale - blue cans not included
  •  Bic Soleil Bella Razor is the only Soleil included in the sale/RR deal.
  • Jingle Cash (RR) still have a two week expiration. 
  • Shelves were not always well stocked, but look on end caps and free standing displays for additional product
  • I had no delay in RR printing as rumored might happen.
CVS

  • The store I shopped had most of the free after ECB deals on an end aisle right up front.
  • I couldn't find the Advil PM out.  A store employee searched and came up with a few containers.
  • Regular sized Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are ringing up for $0.79 and printing $0.79 ECB. (Thanks, Anonymous!)
Have you been able to sneak out and get some CVS or Walgreens shopping in today? 

14 comments:

  1. I braved the monsoon and was at CVS at midnight. Glad I went then because only 2 of the free remote controls were on the shelf. All the freebies were easy to find and had ECB shelf tags, except for the Advil or Excedrin. I got 11 freebies, paid $6.22 OOP, made $13.09 coupon profit and got $35.93 in new ECBs. Here's my details: http://nutts4gb.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/thankful-for-cvs/
    I am always surprised to find people at CVS at midnight who arent buying ECB items - the lady in front of me just got pretzels and Red Bull!

    Got a few hours sleep and then hit Walgreens at 8:30am. There were no RR shelf tags anywhere but I found the things I went for, except again for the Advil. Got 8 freebies, paid $19.42 OOP, made $11.24 coupon profit and got $16.50 new RRs and the Planters rebate form. Here's my details http://nutts4gb.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/thankful-for-walgreens/

    Overall I was pleased with my trips. I could have done better rolling my ECBs and RRs but I just wanted to get done quickly and easily. Thanks for the info on the Olay coupon, I'll go back for that. All of my Jingle Cash including the Planters rebate form printed very faintly in red ink. I hope they will scan okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget that there is a P&G $20 MIR wyb $50 worth of Olay, Secret, Venus, Clairol, Herbal Essence, etc. Pairs very nicely with the wags and cvs freebies and money makers. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly - Is Old Spice, Crest and Gillete included in the rebate? I havent been able to print the form yet to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The RR for the Dr. Pepper is not printing. The first store I went to hand wrote it out on a raincheck form and assured me other stores would accept it. The second store would not accept it and said I had to buy two in order to get it. After buying 2 it did print 1 RR. They need to get their act together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CJ - they are not, but Covergirl and Pantene are. I forgot them in the list above. It is technically an Olay rebate, I think - but still boils down to P&G. HTH

    My final totals after WAGS and CVS were $176 of merchandise for $55 profit (including this rebate and the planters one.).

    Still managed to be awake for an amazing 9 am Thanksgiving worship service with my family. :-)

    Happy Thanksgiving (and shopping!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went this morning while my family was sleeping also and I got $297 in merchandise for $49.99oop with $65 in RR to spend over the next 2 weeks LOVING Walgreens Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can someone please post their best Wags scenarios? Which coupons with what prodcts? Also, I am a new wagger, what is jingle cash? Is it just RR? Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CVS is just so awesome. Walgreens is NOT! I had so many problems at Wags this morning I can't begin to tell you. The store was so packed with people and the line was so long and people were so crabby. I will take CVS anyday over Wags.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no problems with the 7up RR printing. Spent $33 (with tax) at CVS and got $31 back in ECBs and spent $12.38 at Wags and got $12.50 back in RR! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, forgot to mention: One of the Renpure Organics bottles I picked up had a "Try Me Free" rebate form hung around the neck of the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The limit on the Gillete deo and/or Old Spice body spray is actually 2, not 1, they must be purchased separately. There may be a $2 coupon for the Gillette in the 11/28 paper, can be used Sat if you get the inserts early. The Excedrin abd Advil limits may also be 2 (purchased separately) but I cant confirm that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I forgot to say that the above info is for CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi All - Thanks for sharing you CVS & Walgreens shopping expierences and additional info.

    jillyq - Jingle Cash is just Walgreens cutsie name for RR right now. Every week I post Walgreens $5 scenario for newbies to get started shopping at Walgreens. It includes coupons and rolling RR.

    CJ - Thanks for the Gillette/Old Spice info. I just looked at my CVS receipt. The limit on Gillette Deodorant is two. I should get in the habit of checking the receipt for limits. I never remember to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What up with the price of yesterday newspaper? The box in the lobbby was empty and I'm guessing it was never filled. When I finally walked into a Wag and looked at a paper, my jar dropped. By chance, there was a subscription booth by the door and I was tempted to ask that person why was the P-D ripping us off. Anyway, I had already 'found' both the skinny and fat bundles of BF ads. The big find was around 150 SS inserts from last Sunday Journal.

    ReplyDelete