Contact Me






Saturday, December 4, 2010

Walgreens Deals - Week of 12/5/10

Sale prices good   December 5 - 11, 2010

This is the first of two ads this week.  The second ad will be good Wednesday through Saturday.

I highlight only the best deals. Take a look at Walgreens' full ad HERE.

This is an updated list from the Sneak Peek I posted on Thursday. Additions to the list are noted as *NEW*.

:: Super Jingle Cash ::
Good on you next in-store purchase. Valid 12/12/10 - 12/18/10
  • Get $5 Register Reward when you spend $25
  • Get $10 Register Reward when you spend $50
  • Get $20 Register Reward when you spend $100 or more
UPDATE: Using manufacturer coupons don't seem to affect if you receive your Super Jingle Cash, but Walgreens coupons might affect the trigger dollar requirement.
:: Free This Week ::

Optimum Care Relaxer Kit - $5.99
Get a $4 Register Reward (Soft Sheen Carson)
$2 off any Optimum Care Product printable coupon
Final cost: Free after coupon and RR

Revlon Top Speed Nail Color - $5.99
Get a $5 Register Reward (Revlon)
*NEW* $1 off Revlon Cosmetic Walgreens Coupon in Everything Bright & Beautiful Gift Guide (Thanks, KC!)
Final cost: FREE after coupon and RR

Cortaid Maximum Strength 1% Cream (.5 oz) - $3
$3 Mail-In Rebate prints at checkout
Final price: FREE after rebate


:: Hallmark Register  Reward Deal ::
  • Buy 2 or more participating Hallmark Greeting Cards, get $2 Register Reward
  • Buy 6 or more get $5 Register Reward

:: Cheap This Week ::

Crest Pro-Health Clinical Toothpaste (4 oz) - $3.49
Get a $2.50 Register Reward (P&G)
.75 - 11/28/10 P&G
Final cost: .24 each

Carmex Lip Care (.15 to .35) - .99 with in-ad coupon
.30 - 11/7/10 SS
Final price: .69 each

*NEW* Glade Products - $2.99
Scented Oil Candles Glass Holder, Refillable Tin or 4-pack Refills
Plugins Scented Oil Refill, Spray (9.7 oz). Candle (2 or 4 oz)
 Get a $1 Register Reward (S.C. Johnson)
$1 off Glade Scented Oil Candles Holder printable coupon
$1 off Premium Room Spray - 12/5/10 RP (if included in sale)
Final cost: .99 after coupon and RR

Skippy Peanut Butter - $1.50
.50 - 11/14/10 RP
Final price: $1 each

Scunci Hair Accessories - 4/$8
Get a $3 Register Reward wyb 4 (Conair Corp)
Final cost: $1.25 each wyb 4 after RR

Nivea for Men Skin Care - 2/$9
Get a $4 Register Reward wyb 2 (Beiersdorf)
$1 off Nivea for Men Skin Care Product printable coupon
Final cost: $1.50 each wyb 2 after coupons and RR

Pantene Hair Care - 3/$10 (buy 3)
Shampoo, Conditioner or Styling Product
FREE Shampoo wyb Pantene Product - 11/28/10 P&G
and use $1 off 2 Pantene Products - 11/28/10 P&G
Final price: $1.89 each wyb 3 after both coupons

Scotch Paper Cutter - $2.99
$1 off Scotch Paper Cutter printable coupon
*NEW* $1 - 12/5/10 SS
Final price: $1.99 each

Garnier Fructis Hair Care - $2.99
Shampoo, Conditioner & Styling product
$1 off Garnier Fructis Shampoo or Conditioner printable coupon
or $1 off Shampoo or Conditioner - 11/7/19 RP and 12/5/10 RP
or $1 off Styling product - 11/17/10 RP and 12/5/10 RP
Final price: $1.99 each

Garnier HerbaShine Hair Color - $4.99 with in-ad coupon
$3 - 11/7/10 RP
Final price: $1.99 each

*NEW* RevitaLens Multi-Purpose Solution (10 oz) - $7.99
$4 - 12/5/10 RP
and use $2 Walgreens coupon in December coupon book or print HERE
Final price: $1.99 each

Playtex GentleGlide Tampons (36 pack) - $6.99
Get a $2 Register Reward (Enerzier)
$2 Playtex GentleGlide printable coupon
Final cost: $2.99 after coupon and RR

P.F. Chang's Dinner (22 oz) - 2/$14
Get a $4 Register Reward wyb 2 (Unilever)
$2 - 9/12/10 RP (Hurry! expires 12/5)
Final cost: $3 each wyb 2 after coupons and RR

Wisk Laundry Detergent (48 load) - $6.99
Get a $2 Register Rewards (Sun Products)
$1 off Wisk Laundry Detergent printable coupon
Final cost: $3.99 each

2011 Entertainment Book - $10 off with in-ad coupon


:: Filler Ideas ::

Christmas Plastic Tumbler - .13 with in-ad coupon
Christmas Gift Sacks - .13 with in-ad coupon
Royal Gelatin - .20 with in-ad coupon
Taper Candles (12") - .25 with in-ad coupon
Mars, Nestle or Palmer Holiday Candy (.5 to 2 oz) - .33
Tags, Bows or Tissue - .33 with in-ad coupon
Ornament Hooks (150 pack) - .39 with in-ad coupon
Icicle Strands - .39 with in-ad coupon
Walgreens Invisible Tape - .50 with in-ad coupon
Big Roll Bathroom Tissue - .50 with in-ad coupon
Morton Iodized Salt (26 oz) - .50 with in-ad coupon
Deerfield Baking Soda - .50 with in-ad coupon

31 comments:

  1. Got Cortaid free after rebate and Colace free after $3 coupon and $10 rebate. Used up some RRs on Milano cookies, Andes mints, Ocean Spray cranberry juice and Funyons. Got $5 Jingle Cash on my $27 order, wasnt even trying for it. So I paid $4.25 OOP, got a $5 JC, and will get $13 back in rebates. I love the South County Wags but the aisles are so narrow 2 people cant walk down them at the same time. The Xmas aisle was a zoo today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had quite a stash of Jingle Cash to use. I got 2 entertainment books, 2 post dispatch, 14 gift bags for fillers. By luck, it all worked out almost exactly! My total before any coupons was $77.77. After walgreens coupons and all jingle cash, I paid 15 cents out of pocket! 1 cent was the total and 14 cents was tax! Not too shabby since most of the jingle cash was rolled 2 or 3 times already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And I forgot to mention I got $10 Super Jingle Cash back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonya - Way to roll that Jingle Cash!

    Free candy - Snickers Nutcracker singles (blue wrapper with a nutcracker on it, in the Xmas candy aisle) are 3/$1. Buy 6 for a $2 total and use the $2 off Mars holiday products from today's RP. The small print does include the Nutcracker singles so the coupon should work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly in St. CharlesDecember 5, 2010 at 9:12 PM

    Chex Mix & eggs are also cheap this week. Both are 99 cents and there are printable coupons for both on smartsource.com. .50/1 for Chex Mix, bringing it to 49 cents. The egg coupon is .55/2, bringing a dozen large eggs to .72/doz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi All

    CJ - Which store in South County do you shop. One of the managers from the store I shop and love is now at the store on Lindbergh. If you shop that store tell Alan hello from me.

    Tonya - WOW! Great shopping!

    Kelly - Thanks for the egg & chex info. Eggs where $1.49 at Aldi today and they are usually the cheapest egg price in town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Snickers Coupon worked tonight. AND the Jingle Cash reward (spend $25/get $5 back; spend $50/get $10 back) is as good as SNS on a nice Thursday!!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh Wish I'd known about the eggs coupon; I checked this page before I headed out (about 9 pm) so I missed Kelly's post. I'll be back for eggs b/c we use a lot. Also the English Muffins @ 4/$.99 is a good deal, too. Makes for a quick breakfast to cook eggs in a ramekin in the microwave with ham/cheese while toasting the muffins to make our own McB'fast for pennies. (Thanks to couponmom.com for that little recipe.)
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeri - I sometimes stop at the Wags on Lindbergh near Tesson Ferry on the way home from CVS. My cashier on Sunday morning is usually a little old lady, I love her! I'll say hello to Alan if I see him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had no trouble using the $2/3 Snickers Nutcrackers singles coupon to get 6 for free at the Clayton store. But the Twin Oaks store refused to even try to scan my friend's coupon earlier today, they said the item didnt match the coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking at Tonya's post, she should have gotten $15 Super Jingle Cash. But I think the actual total is calculated based on after WAG coupons and before MQ. That's why she only got $10 Super Jingle Cash. The Entertainment books count as $25. So, the Revlon Nail Color is only worth $4.99 for Single Jingle Cash calculation if you use the $1 WAG coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alice - I think your on to something. From everything I'm reading it sounds like Walgreens coupons or at least some of the affect the trigger on the Super Jingle Cash.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did anyone else try and get the 2 99cent cards and actually get jingle cash? It did not trigger for me, I'm wondering if I should call or something

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi TwinMom - I bought two .99 cards on Sunday and got a $2 RR. It was a Bday card and Thank you card. The money enclosures aren't triggering the RR.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It did "look" as if Tonya should have gotten $15 in Jingle Cash, since she was over $75. However, I don't think newspapers work for that offer. I know dairy products do not. I plan to use the Jingle Cash to buy newspapers Sunday, since they don't work for earning more Jingle Cash anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bought two teacher christmas cards, not the money ones... WHo knows, I needed them anyway so no biggie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haven't tried it yet, but found a $3 off one A&H Spinbrush ProClean in my coupons (manufacturer) and a $3 off Spinbrush Pro Clean in my Dec Walgreens coupon book. In theory we should be able to use these togethe to get the $4.99 one free?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi TwinMom - Who knows then - Walgreens never makes it easy.

    I've started to ask the Beauty Advisor if all the lights are green on the Catalina machine before I check out. Sometimes the problem can be it's out of paper and no one notices.

    Hi Kate - Thanks for the Spinbrush info.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi all. So in order to get your $5 jingle cash can you not use any RR's on the transaction? Also, does the total have to be $25 before or after coupons? Last year I know it was after coupons. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. To answer Jenny

    The total must be $25 BEFORE all coupons. It depends a bit on how things ring up. For example, sometimes BOGO items ring up $7.99 and then $0.00; other times $7.99, $7.99 and then $7.99 comes off at the end. For this deal the second way is better.
    The scissors are a great way to get to $25 because they are $7.99 at my store, but only $2.99 with the coupon in the ad. The diapers are ringing up at my store as $7.99 and $7.99, so $15.98 towards $25 while costing me half.
    I have used RRs with no problem. I just paid a total of 8 cents in cash and still got a $5 Jingle Cash. Remember newspapers and dairy (including ice cream) do not work for this deal.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fingers crossed :) I'm going to try to do my wags shopping tomorrow. I'll let ya know how it goes :) I think I may try to do the following transaction.
    6 (0.99) cards
    1 Revelon
    1 crest
    4 hair scrunchies
    1 All detergent
    use $4 in last weeks jingle cash
    pay around $22 oop and get 19 jingle cash?

    Or something like that lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jenny - Like CK said you can use RR to pay for transactions and still get Super Jingle Cash.

    I've heard some Walgreens store coupon could affect the total amount to get the SJC, but I haven't purchased enough at Walgreens this week to get close to $25.

    Remember - Super Jingle Cash doens't roll. If you use it to pay, word is you won't get another one.

    Keep us posted how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kelly in west countyDecember 10, 2010 at 7:41 AM

    Does anyone know if eggs are included in the dairy description? To me they wouldn't be - chickens not cows. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. I did the Hallmark deal posted on MoneySavingMom and bought 2 wrapping papers (B1G1) and 4 tissue papers ($0.33 ea with in-ad Q) so spent $3.61 OOP (incl tax) and got a $5 RR. I was at the Wags on Arsenal and Kingshwy and the correct items were in the seasonal toy aisle all the way at the back of the store. Plenty left when I shopped last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Kelly - The cow from Chick-Fil-A wouldn't say eggs were dariy. But, who knows what Walgreens would call them.

    Hi Courtney - I just posted about the Hallmark Deal on Wrap & Tissue. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Kelly - I'm at Walgreens and the manager says eggs are concidered dairy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the MM on the wrapping paper and tissue paper! My sister and I were able to use our RR for toys that we plan to donate. and still have jingle cash for next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Jeri.. I did my wags shopping deal today and used my rr from last week and all went well. :)
    Bought 6 tissue pappers, 1 revelon, 4 scrunchies, 1 crest, 1 cottonelle tp, 1 All
    used coupons for the all and tissue papper and 4 rr spent $24 oop got back $20.50 :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Liz - I don't think I ever remember a MM on wrapping paper. I need to go take inventory to see how much holiday wrap I have from last years' sales. I think I'm needing to get back to Waglreens today.

    Hi Jenny - Great job! Thanks for letting us know how your tip went.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I spent 99.86 (before tax) after coupons (man and Wags) and only got $15 Jingle cash back, the cashier said it was after coupons and pre-tax. I'm going to take back $24 worth so I can buy it again and get the 5 jingle cash, but just be careful and ask what your subtotal is because I thought I was over even after coupons and apparently was off by just a little.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Anonymous - Word is that as of today Super Jingle Cash is after manufacuter & Walgreens copuons.

    ReplyDelete