Contact Me






Monday, January 10, 2011

Shop 'n Save Deals: 1/10/11 - 1/15/11


$10 off $50 purchase, Thursday 1/13/11
No coupon necessary - $10 will automatically be deducted from your total when you spend $50 before coupons.

At first glace, I wasn't too excited about Shop 'n Save's ad this week.  But, after taking a look at the In-Store Specials Ad and the Shop 'n Save products on sale, this could shape up to be a good shopping week.  Maybe not $5 or less per trip, but at least some descent deals on some basic food products.

Take a look at this week's ad HERE.

Remember:
1. $10 off $50 purchase this Thursday (with a few restrictions listed in the ad)
2. Shop 'n Save accepts internet printable coupons up to 50% of the product retail price. (** I've noted coupons that are over 50% of the sale price in the match-ups.) Take a look at Shop 'n Save Internet Printable Coupon Acceptance Policy.
3. Thursday price - purchase right at $50 of groceries and save 20% before coupons.

:: Instant Savings ::
Buy (4) participating General Mills cereal get a FREE Box of Cinnamon Burst Cheerios Instantly.

General Mills Cereals - $2.50
Cheerios, Golden Grahams, Lucky Charms, Cocoa Puffs, MultiGrain Cheerios, Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs
$1.50 off 2 General Mill Cereal printable coupon HERE
$1 off 2 Cheerios printable coupon HERE and HERE
$1 off 2 Golden Grahams, Lucky Charms, Cocoa Puffs or Reese's printable coupon HERE
And Use .70 off Cinnamon Burst Cheerios printable coupon HERE  (on you Free Instant Savings Box)
Final price: As low as $1.26 each wyb 5
Thursday price: As low as .89 each wyb 5


:: In-Ad Manufacturer Coupon ::
FREE 3 lb. bag of Fresh Grapefruit (up to $2.99) wyb (2) Ocean Spray Grapefruit Juice or Juice Drink, 64 oz. (expires 2/28/11)

This is a manufacturer's coupon.  Make sure you clip it out of the ad because you can use it any store that accepts coupons.


:: Coupon Match-Up ::

StarKist Chuck Light Tuna (2.6 oz. pouch) - $1
Check your coupon stash - There was a $1 off 2 coupon in the Kellogg's/Keebler Coupon Book
Final price: .50 each wyb 2
Thursdays price: .30 each wyb 2

Chef Boyardee Pasta (15 oz. can) - .77
No Meat Mini O's ABCs 123s or Dinosaurs
.35 off 3 - 1/02/11 SS
Final price: .65 each wyb 2
Thursday price: .50 each wyb 3

Red Gold Diced Tomatoes (14 oz) - $1
.75 off 3 Red Gold Tomatoes printable coupon
Final price: .75 each wyb 3
Thursday price: .55 each wyb 3

Hunt's Snack Pack Pudding (4 ct) - $1
.60 off 3 - 1/02/11 SS
Final price: .80 each wyb 3
Thursday price: .60 each wyb 3

Old Orchard 100% Apple Juice or Healthy Balance Juice (64 oz) - $1.50
Advertised in In-Store Special Ad
$1 off 2 Old Orchard Healthy Balance printable coupon
.50 off Old Orchard printable coupon
Final price: $1 each
Thursday price: .70 each
Check your coupon stash - There was a $1 off coupon in Kellogg's/Keebler Coupon Book

Ortega Taco Shells (12 ct) - $1.67
Advertised in In-Store Special Ad
$1 off 2 Ortega products printable coupon
Final price: $1.17 each wyb 2
Thursday price: .84 each wyb 2

Kraft 2% Singles (10.7-12 oz) $2
.75 - 1/09/11 SS
Final price: $1.25 each
Thursday price: .85 each

California Pizza For One - $2.50
$1 - 12/5/10 SS
Final price: $1.50 each
Thursday price: $1 each

Weight Watcher's Cakes, Muffins, Brownies or Cookies - $2.50
$1 off Weight Watcher's Sweet Bakery Items printable coupon
Final price: $1.50 each
Thursday price: $1 each

Xtra Liquid Laundry Detergent (68.75 oz) - $2.50
Advertised in the In-Store Specials ad
$1 off Xtra printable coupon
Final price: $1.50 each
Thursday price: $1 each

Kellogg's Pop Tarts (8 ct) - $1.67
$1 off 3 Pop Tarts printable coupon
Final price: $1.34 each wyb 3
Thursday price: $1.01 each wyb 3

Smart Ones Classic Favorites or Desserts - $1.67
$3 off 10 Smart Ones printable coupon
Final price: $1.37 each wyb 10
Thursday price: $1.04 each wyb 10

Keebler Zesta or Krispy's Saltine Crackers - $1.98
Advertised in the In-Store Specials ad
$1 of 2 Keebler Crackers - 12/12/10 RP
Final price: $1.49 each wyb 2
Thursday price: $1.08 each wyb 2

Jell-O Pudding or Gelatin (6 ct) - $2
$1 off 2 Jell-0 Pudding or Gelatin printable coupon
.35- 1/09/11 SS
Final price: $1.50 to $1.65
Thursday price: $1.10 to $1.25 each

Selected Varieties of Kellogg's Cereal (12-18 oz) - $2.50
Frosted Flakes & Corn Pops pictured in ad
.70 off various Kellogg's Cereal printable coupon
$1 off 3 - 1/09/11 RP
Final price: As low as $1.80 each depending on which cereals are on sale
Thursday price: As low as $1.30 each depending on which cereal are on sale

Keebler Chips Deluxe or Baker's Treasure Cookies - $2.50
$1 off 2 Keebler Cookies printable coupon
Final price: $2 each wyb 2
Thursday price: $1.50 each wyb 2

Special K Bars - $2.50
$1 off 2 Special K Bars printable coupon
 $1 off 2 - 1/02/11 RP
Final price: $2 each wyb 2
Thursday price: $1.50 each wyb 2
Don't forget to look for the Special K Coupon Booklet for additional savings

Special K Crackers - $2.50
$1 off 2 - 1/02/11 RP
Final price: $2 each wyb 2
Thursday price: $1.50 each wyb 2
Don't forget to look for the Special K Coupon Book for additional savings

Keebler 100 Calorie Right Bites -$2.50
$1 off 2 - 1/09/11 RP
Final price: $2 each wyb 2
Thursday price: $1.50 each wyb 2

DiGiorno Portion Control Pizza - $2.50
$1 off 2 - 1/02/11 SS
Final price: $2 each wyb 2
Thursday price: $1.50 each wyb 2

Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers - $2.50
$1 off 2 - Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers printable coupon
Final price: $2 each wyb 2
Thursday price: $1.50 each wyb 2

V8 - $2.50
.40 - 1/02/11 SS
Final price: $2.10 each
Thursday price: $1.60 each

Red Baron Singles (2 ct) - $3
$1 off 2 - 11/14/10 SS
Final price: $2.50 each wyb 2
Thursday price: $1.90 each wyb 2

Carnation Instant Breakfast Drink (10 ct) - $3.98
$1 - 1/02/11 SS
Final price: $2.98 each
Thursday price: $2.18 each

Angel Soft Bath Tissue - $5.98
12 ct. Double Rolls or 24 ct. Regular Rolls
$1 off Angel Soft printable coupon (use 10001 zip code)
Final price: $4.98 each
Thursday price: $3.78 each


:: Other Good Deals ::
(Thursday price)

Chicken Drumsticks or Thighs - .98 lb. (.78 lb.)
Boneless Pork Butt Roast - $1.68 lb. (1.34 lb.)

Iceberg Lettuce - .98 (.78)

Original Kraft Macaroni & Cheese  - .70 (.56)
Shop 'n Save White or Wheat Bread -  .98 (.78)
Lay Choy Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Sauce - $1 ( .80
Shop 'n Save Waffles (10 ct) - $1.22 (.98)

Shop 'n Save Apple Juice (64 oz.) - $1.25 ($1)
Shop 'n Save Orange Juice (64 oz) - $1.98 ($1.58)

40 comments:

  1. do I need a certain zip code for the GM cereal coupons. I am having trouble finding them. TYIA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Xtra Laudry detergent will be 49 cents after coupon at CVS week of 1/23

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anonymous - I don't see the $1.50 off 2 now either. The coupons on SmartSource can be found using 63101 zip.

    Hi Sadina - Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Xtra coupon printed in Spanish...I guess it should be ok though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen - Mine printed in Spanish too. I though that it was strange because the webstie was in English. I hope it doesn't casue any problems. You might want to stop at Customer Service before you shop and talk to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't forget the free milk Q from last week's ad for buying Kelloggs cereals. And Ms. Jeri, the 70cents Q on Kelloggs cereal link "doesn't take you there". : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi coupon.girl - Thanks! I fixed the link for the Kellogg's cereal. They are on the Kellogg's website. Sorry to send you on a wild goose chase.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Use zip code 77377 to get the Cinnamon Burst Cheerios coupon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here is a plan for Thursday!

    6.00 (4)Healthy Balance Juice ($1/1 from booklet)
    10.00 (10)Starkist Tuna Pouches ($1/2 from booklet)
    5.00 (2)Xtra Laundry Detergent ($1/1 IP)
    16.70 (10)Smart Ones Frozen Meals ($4/10 Peelie)
    5.00 (2)Multigrain Cheerios (.75/1 IP)
    5.00 (2)Lucky Charms ($1.50/2 IP)
    2.50 (1)Cinnaburst Cheerios (.75/1 IP)
    50.20 Before Coupons
    -15.00 (Thursday Disc. and EBook Q)
    -18.75 Above Coupons
    -2.50 Free Cinnaburst Discount
    $13.95 OOP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Has anyone looked to see the price of Excedrin Migraine, Excedrin Extra Strength, or Nature Made viatmins yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Super Saving Sarah - I'm finding the Cinnamon Burst Cherrios with no zip code also.

    Hi Andrea - Thanks for posting your plan.

    Anonymous - I've been thinking the same things, and if it wasn't below zero wind chills today, I'd go check. But I've become a weather wimp.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Nature Made coupon would be over the 50% value coupon limit and I dont know if SNS would take the free Excedrin coupons. If anyone has luck with these coupons, let us know. I cant find SNS's coupon policy on their website today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excedrin Extra Strength (24ct) $4.17; (50ct)$6.57.

    Excedrin Migraine (24ct) $4.27; (50ct)$6.27.

    Ask at the Customer Service of your store about these coupons. Spoke with the Asst. Director at my store today and he said the coupons are okay. Showed the whole letter and told him to scratch the back to really make sure coupon is not fake. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. At Q Trades someone asked about the price of this:

    Quaker Instant Oatmeal (18 oz.) $2.50 (not on sale) and is the same price as the bigger canister, 42 oz.=$2.50 (on sale). So Weird pricing. Don't know what's going on with this. Maybe big containers are about to expire. :I

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Janet or to anyone. Up to when is the Catalina deal on the Ragu pasta sauce? They're $1.50 and I think there's a Cat. going on for them at SnS. Don't know the details though.

    And if anyone has a list of Catalina deals, please post. TIA.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi All,

    Hope everyone has their game plan on. I am only doing 1 trip today (GASP).

    coupon.girl: Ragu buy 3 get $1.50 back. HTH
    I cannot confirm working at SNS so please let us know if it does, date 12/27/10-1/23/11.

    I did see an IP at CouponNetwork.com for -$1/3 Ragu. HTH And TYVM for doing the price cking, I did not make it to SNS after work yesterday.

    Hope everyone has a great shopping day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi all,

    One trip for me too. Only getting a few items. Going to wait for hubby to take me later - that way the car is warm. I can just bolt from the house to the car, to the store, to the car and inside. Too stinking cold to shop. Everyone stay warm and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Only gonna do one trip today to. I am mainly going to get some meat and stuff like that. Not really anything great this week. I am spending my trips at Schnucks for some great deals with coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  19. coupon.girl - Thanks for the price on oats! This is the time of year oats are usually on sale, so probably nothing more than that. Schnucks used to have the big canisters as part of their $10/10 during the winter, but I haven't seen it this year at all.

    I am probably only doing one trip as well. We need cheese and a few other things. Planning right now.

    Try to stay warm, everyone! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi All,

    Another item I spotted cheap with coupon was the Farmland Smoked Sausage in the 2 week ad it shows price $1.18 ea., coupon in 1/2 SS for -$.55/1 Farmland Smoked Sausage, so $.63 ea before todays discount. =) HTH

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi All - Brrr! I like Rhonda's idea of having a driver to take her to the store. I might wait until hubby gets home from work, or might skip SNS this week.

    CJ - SNS should take coupons for a free item as long as they aren't IP's.

    Thanks, coupon.girl for the pirce checks.

    Catalina Deals - I went to SNS last week just to look for Cat deals and they didn't have any shelf signs up. If it hadn't been so cold I would have checked again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I went this morning & bought 4 GM cereals & got the Free Cheerios & at the end I got 2-FREE Nature Valley Granola Bar coupons print out! Is there a catalina for buying these right now that I could roll? They expire 1/27

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jeri - I've had trouble with SNS thinking my free mailed coupons like the Excedrin are printables, even when I show the letter and envelope. Maybe they just dont like me :(
    Have fun shopping today, everyone! I'm skipping the grocery this week except for maybe the $1 blackberries at Dierbergs.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Farmland Smoked Sausage in the 2 week ad priced at $1.18, is a misprint. There was a correction posted at SNS today. The correct $ is 2/$5.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I got the Nature Valley Granola Bar coupon after buying cereal too.

    My SNS only had pepperjack 2% singles left so I had to find $8 in fillers. BAH! I still managed to do mmost of the trip on the fly and only spent $23. And neither of my kids jumped out and landed on their heads whilst shopping. I call that a successful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I got the Nature Valley Coupons too!
    Purchase three (3) Nature Valley Bars, Receive $1.50 OYNO
    Purchase four (4) Nature Valley Bars, Receive $2.50 OYNO
    Purchase five or more (5+) Nature Valley Bars, Receive $3.50 OYNO
    valid 12/27/10 – 1/23/11

    Found at couponsdealsandmore - haven't tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I bought the 5 general mills cereals and got 2 FREE nature valley coupons too. What a great deal!

    I also bought 4 ragu pasta sauces. They are on sale 2/$3. There was a sign get $1 OYNO when you buy two until 1/22. I took a chance and bought 4 and ended up with 2 $1 catalinas.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I went back & did the deal again so I have 4 free coupons I think I will save hoping for a better deal before the end of the month :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just got back from the Crestwood SNS. Pretty good day but they would not let me use the free Excedrin coupon(front desk said it was an IP and that was that, even though I showed them the letter that came with it) and they would not let me use the $.75 coupon on the Cinnaburst cheerios(front desk said since they were free the coupon could not be used). I never usually post but just lurk, but I want to thank Jeri and all the posters here. The savings and shopping ideas I get from this site are incredible.

    Thanks again,
    Will

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just curious - has anyone tried using the $2 Wholly Guacamole PDF at SNS?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mrs. Wages is at SNS--if you have the free packet for taking a survey. I was so surprised. Near mexican on a cardboard display. Received the FREE NV bars Cats, too.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi All,

    TYVM Rachel for the NV free cat info.

    TYVM Em for the update on the Ragu, even better Cat deal, if you received 2 $1 cats that means it stacks hopefully a better sale by the time the cat deal ends =)

    TYVM Anon for the update on the Farmland Smoked Sausage, my store did not have the misprint info posted nor did they know so they price adjusted the sausage to $1.18 for me. I will now have to stop in tomorrow and confess our mistake =)

    And a Huge Welcome to Will =) Sad to hear about the Excedrin let down, you might try Wags or a different SNS =) I think with SNS it is YMMV on using a MQ with an instant savings discount.

    And to the posters who received the Nature Valley Free Cats: What types of GM cereals did you buy? TIA. =)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey Janet - I bought MultiGrain Cheerios (2), Lucky Charms (2) and Cinnaburst Cheerios (1)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, and I received 2 FREE cats with the above purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Andrea,

    TYVM =) I might do this in the morning when I stop in. Not as good a deal as today but still a good deal with the NV cat. =)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Janet,

    I bought 2 golden grahams, 1 cheerios, 1 multigrain cheerios and the free cinnaburst cheerios and got 2 NV cats. I wonder what the trigger is exactly. I may have to go back for more tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete
  37. 1st time I bought 4 Reese's Puffs & the Cinnaburst Cheerios & the 2nd time 1 Cocoa Puff & 3 Golden Grahams & the Cinnaburst cheerios it was a nice surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi em & Rachel,

    Thank you guys also for the info.. I have the -$1.50 IP and a few -$1/1 Cheerio Peelies so I'm trying to work out the best plan to use them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I got 1 cat (free Nature Valley Granola Bars) when I bought my first set of five GM cereals, but when I went bck the second time, I got 2 - It rolled and then some(?).

    Also, My $1 cat WYB2 California Pizza's didn't work, but I went to the service desk and they... wait for it... handed me a dollar bill. (maybe the moon is in that new Zodiac sign or something(?)

    ArmyMomx2

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi All - I didn't go to SNS yesterday. Yes, I'm a weather wimp. Sounds like in most cases things went well.

    Hi Will - Welcome. I'm glad glad you delurked. Sorry you had problems at SNS. It takes thick skin and a stong backbone to be a couponer.

    In your situation, I would have asked to speak to the store manager. Managers want to say yes, and for some employees it's easier to say no than to think.

    ReplyDelete