Contact Me






Thursday, March 17, 2011

Saved 96% at Shop 'n Save

I had a great day at Shop 'n Save: $10 off $50 Thursday, Kraft and Starkist Catalina coupons printed like they should, free milk with Kellogg' s purchase, store was well stocked, good coupons to use, weather was fantastic (I don't like to shop in the cold, snow, rain, or 100 degree heat), I ran into reader ArmyMomx2 at the store, and in not one of my five trips did I get one of those carts that goes kathump, kathump. I hope you had a great day, too.

I shopped five times: purchased as close to $50 each trip, used a $5 off $50 coupon from the Entertainment book each time,  purchased products to trigger the $10 Kraft and $1.50 Starkist Catalina coupon each of the first four trips, rolled the Catalina coupons on the next trip, and I had an abundance of coupons for a free product, many of them expiring at the end of March.

(20) Starkist Tuna Pouches - .50 Internet printable, .75/2 and $1.50/3 insert coupons
(12) Kraft Cheese - $1 off 2 insert coupons
(8) Old Orchard OJ Concentrate - B1G1 Internet printable
(8) 20 oz. Diet Cokes - Free from My Coke Rewards
(6) Kraft Parmesan Cheese - no coupon
(6) Ritz Munchables - $1 Internet printables
(5) Purina BeyOnd Cat Food - Free, insert coupons
(5) Maruchan Yakisoba  - .50 insert coupons
(4) Kahiki Nuggets/Entrees - $1.50 Internet printables
(4) Special K Cereal  - $1 Internet printables
(4) Chips Ahoy Cookies - $1/2 tearpad coupon
(4) Slow Cooker Liners - $1 insert coupons
(3) Wheat Thins Stix - $1 Internet printables
(2) Kahiki Egg Rolls  - $1 Internet printables
(2) Johnsonville Italian Sausage - Free, from a blogger thing
(2) Lay's Kettle Chips  - .55 insert coupons
(2) Excedrin  - Free, requested online some time ago
(2) Wheat Thins - $1 Internet printable
(2) Triscuits - $1 Internet printable
(2) Red Gold Tomatoes - .75 Internet printable
(2) Eight O'Clock Coffee - $1 off 2 from packaging
(2) Hunt's Pasta Sauce - .45 Internet printable
(2) Buddig Deli Meat  - $1 Internet printable
(1) Jasmine Rice  - no coupon
(1) Heinz Ketchup - no coupon
(1) Keebler Sticks Cookies  - $1 Internet printable
(1) Kashi Cereal - $3 coupon from Vocalpoint (I think)
(1) Yoplait Yogurt - Free, requested online
(1) Taco Shells - no coupon
(1) McCormick Dry Mustard - $1 insert coupon
(1) Brown Sugar  - no coupon
(1) Capri Sun - no coupon
(1) Egg Beaters  - Free, requested online
(1) Skim Milk - Free with purchase of (4) Kellogg's Cereal

Before sales and coupons: $310.33
Spent: $13.82
Saved: $242.43 for a 96% savings

If you took pictures of your Shop 'n Save trip, I'd be glad to post them if you would like.

26 comments:

  1. That is awesome!! I only made 2 trips, but had just as much fun. : ) I think my savings was $80 something and I spent $40 I beleive. This was a good week for SNS!! Thanks for all you do!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Amazing! I spent a little more than $50 in two trips and I still have $13 in cats. for next time, which is pretty good for me considering I didnt have a plan when I went in, I was just way to busy this week to get a super good one together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was an awesome SNS day! I had a great day and could have shopped there all day while saving $$..
    Thanks SHOP N SAVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great trips. I also did five transactions today. I ended up spending just over $70 and we will be well stocked with cheese for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is AWESOME! I did take the kids for my 7th transaction (because the deli doesn't open before 6am)and everything went very smoothly. They even took the Ritz Munchables IPO for $1. I stopped at the service desk to "clarify" what "retail value" meant at their store. The store manager gave me the go-ahead!!! I've had tons of problems with IPO over 50% at that store, but the cashier I went to today didn't even say a word about it. She's always been very nice, and I'll be sure to go to her again! Thanks for all your work on this blog (and a big shout out to Janet, too). I recommend this blog to anyone I see using a coupon :)
    -Casey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didnt do that great but was still really happy with myself. 5 trips for me too...got $378.49 worth of groceries for $117.08 out of pocket. I had to gripe about the cat once but it wasnt a hassle. Good day for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cool bumping into you Jeri! It's like seeing a rock star... wait, it's WAY better!
    *hugs*
    I got the one trip done, then couldn't get the other cookie Qs I needed, then my hubby called and that was the end of my day's plan... I did better on a walking trip to Wags later, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great Jeri! I just did one trip and I was soooo not in the shopping mood. Mine wasn't as good b/c I bought stuff like laundry detergent and toilet paper. Still not a bad trip after all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, 96%! That's awesome! I made four trips and ended up with a savings of 89%. I posted my pic and transactions over in the forum. Thanks so much for all the work you do here Jeri!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you go looking for TykestownMomma's post in the forum, you'll find the username is Momma2_7blessings. Sorry for the confusion - decided I want to separate family from work when I was working on the profile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WTG Jeri-

    I think that is the largest trip you have done so far =) Wowza you did Great!! I have loved everyone sharing their trips and pics. There have been a couple ladies post pics in the CouponSTL Trader Forum also for us to check out. And I posted my trip and pics =)

    And Once Again-Thank You Very Much Shop N Save.

    And Once Again-WTG Jeri on the Awesome Shopping Trip =)

    Have a great Friday everyone =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought items for the starkist and the kraft catalina and neither printed. i didn't bring it up at the store because i wanted to confirm I had brought the right items. I did. Is there anything I can do about it or is it too late?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job, everyone! I just made one trip, paid $14 on my $54 order. Not bad considering I was rusty from not having done $10 Thurs in over 2 years. It was fun! No tuna at my SNS so I was glad I'd already used those coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Super impressed as always. I ended up with 4 transactions (and sadly haven't even yet added up the totals and savings), spent much more than you out of pocket, but I was very happen with it using the day to stock up on some essentials while working the Kraft catalina. I had a hard time with this cat since it seemed to require about $25-30 of 'fillers' to reach $50. But, again quite happy with the day:) Thank you SNS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi All - It was good day!

    Now, the naggy mom comes out it me. You shouldn't compare yourself others, if your're happy with what you purchased for the price that is all that matters. (OK, I'm done now)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jerlyni - All is not lost if your Cat didn't print. It could have been as simple of problem as the machine being out of paper.

    Call Catalina Marketing (877) 210-1917. Have your receipt in hand when you call. If you should have gotten the Cats, they will send them to you in the mail.

    I wrote a post about What To Do if Your Catalina Doesn't Print. You can read through it for more info on cats.

    http://couponstl.blogspot.com/2010/09/what-to-do-if-your-catalina-coupon.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey jeri, wtg - always impressive!
    As a suggestion, could you sticky that post info about what to do if your cat doesn't print in the forum. I finally bookmarked it, but it is hard to find buried in the posts, so I think you will get this question a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great savings! I wish I could have done more than two trips...but, I am so happy with what I purchased...$23 and I am stocked up on crackers, essential cheeses, tuna, chips, cereal and my fav, whole bean French Roast O'clock coffee. It may not be World Market coffee, but it's pretty darn good and I can work it into a SNS trip easily. Thanks, Jeri, for suggesting the coffee. I dismissed the brand until your posting about it several months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Also, my second Kraft cat didn't print...because I purchased the wrong Kraft singles...12 oz instead of 16 oz. The 16 oz bin was empty, but a stock boy was out and he fetched some for me. SNS happily gave me my $10 cat. I always find the employees so willing to help. I had a cashier start to give me a little pushback on some coupons, so I asked her to call her manager. No problems and the cashier ended up impressed with my order and educated, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Job Jeri and everyone! It was a good SNS day! I only did 2 transactions but bought $127 for $26 so was very pleased. I went back for round 3 but they were out of a Ritz Munchables and a few others so I just left. Didn't feel like messing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. awesome! I did 3 transactions and had a gift card to use so only ended up $14 for a lot of stuff! It was fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't thank you enough, I have been couponing for about a year. 4 trips and kept them about $50-$60 eachfor a total $239.74. Total OOP $26.34 and I have $10 to use next time and sent out for $6 Landshark rebate and a $6 Budweiser rebate for items I just happened to have on my receipts. So you could say OOP $4.34. Have plenty of cheese and crackers and donated cat food to a neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi All - I love to hear about everyones shopping.

    pixie_bit - Great idea to make the post about what to do if your Cat doesn't print easier to find.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! That's how I like to shop. Wish there was a Shop N Save in Northeast PA.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Northeast PA - This was a great week. It doesn't happen all that often.

    We in St Louis are jealous of the areas of the country that double more than .40 coupons like we get.

    ReplyDelete