Contact Me






Saturday, March 12, 2011

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of 3/13/11


The most cost effective way to shop at Walgreens is to roll Register Rewards - spend Register Rewards on products that trigger more. This is a great week for the new Walgreens shopper to get a start.  All the coupons you'll need for this scenario are in this Sunday's paper.

Check out all of this week's Walgreens deals HERE.

Transaction #1
purchase:
(2) Irish Spring Deodorant $6.00
(2)  Right Guard Deodorant (B1G1)
use:
(2) $1 Irish Spring coupons (3/13/11 SS) - $2.00
(1) B1G1 Right Guard coupon (3/13/11 RP)
= $4.00 + tax out of pocket and get a $4 Colgate-Palmolive RR

Transaction #2
purchase:
(1) Dial NutriSkin Lotion $4.99
(1) Dial Liquid Hand Soap $1.99
(1) Royal Gelatin $0.69 (needed as filler to use RR)
use:
(1) Dial Lotion Coupon (3/13/11 RP or HERE) - $1.00
(1) Dial Hand Soap coupon (3/13/11 RP) -$0.35
Walgreens in-ad coupon for Dial Hand Soap - $1.00
Walgreens in-ad coupon for Royal Gelatin -$0.49
Colgate-Palmolive Register Reward from previous transaction -$4.00
= $0.83 + tax out of pocket and get a $3 Dial/Henkel RR

Items Purchased
(2) Irish Spring Deodorants
(2) Right Guard Deodorants
(1) Dial NutriSkin Lotion
(1) Dial Hand Soap
(1) Royal Gelatin

Retail price before sales & coupons: $25.63
Total out of pocket: $4.83 + tax for a 81% savings
And a $3 Register Reward to start next week's shopping

5 comments:

  1. manager at wags would not let me use the BOGO coupon on the BOGO right guard deodorant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sadina - I hate to hear you have a manager who doesn't understand how coupons work. Why dose it matter if you pay for one this week or if the manufacturer is paying for one this week?

    I haven't had any problems using B1G1 coupons on B1G1 sales at the store I shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went to Walgreen's today and had the same problem using the B1G1 coupon. I was told I would have to purchase 4 to use the coupon. I will try later in the week and go to my usual gal and see what she says.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont know if this will help or not, but I started giving the clerk a copy of my cheat sheet.

    Converting, if you will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ArmyMom - I'm with you. I always try to pass on deal ideas to the cashiers. I especially love the ones like this week where they can pick up that day's paper and get some great deals.

    One time had a cahsier tell me she hated people like me. And then she said, "You know how to get all these great deals, and I don't."

    It put the couponer/cashier relationship in a different light to me. The more you can help them know how to get the deals too, the better the checkout experience it.

    ReplyDelete