Contact Me






Saturday, June 11, 2011

CVS $5 Scenario - Week of 6/12/11

You can save a ton of money at CVS rolling ECBs.  Multiple transactions don't seem to be a problem with CVS cashiers.  But, if a line forms behind you, it is courteous to step aside after a couple of transactions and let the other shoppers check out.

If you are following my CVS $5 Scenarios, you have a $2.99 ECB to start this week's shopping.

Take a look more CVS deals HERE.

Transaction #1
purchase:
(1) Schick Hydro 3 or 5 Razor $8.00
use:
(1) Schick Hydro Razor coupon (6/12/11 SS) - $4.00
ECB from last week - $2.99
= $1.01 + tax and get a $4 ECB

Transaction #2
purchase:
(1) Motrin PM (20 ct) $4.00
(1) Bayer Advance Aspirin (20 ct)  $3.00
use:
(1) Motrin coupon (6/12/11 RP or printable coupon) - $1.00
(1) Bayer Advanced coupon (6/12/11 SS) - $2.00
ECB from previous transaction $4.00
= $0.00 (+ tax if you pay in your state) and get a $3 ECB from the Motrin purchase and a $1 ECB from the Bayer purchase

Transaction #3
purchase:
 (1) Motrin PM (20 ct)  $4.00
use:
(1) Motrin coupon (6/12/11 RP or printable coupon) - $1.00
$3 ECB from previous transaction -$3.00
= $0.00 (+ tax if you pay in your state) and get a $3 ECB

Transaction #4
purchase:
(1) Motrin PM (20 ct) $4.00
use:
(1) Motrin coupon (6/12/11 RP or printable coupon ) - $1.00
ECB from previous transaction -$3.00
= $0.00 (+ tax if you pay in your state) and get a $3 ECB

Transaction #5
purchase:
(1) Zyrtec (5 ct) $5.99
use:
(1) Zyrtec printable coupon -$2.00
ECB from previous transaction -$3.00
$1 ECB from 2nd transaction $0.99 (cashier will reduce coupon)
= $0.00 (+ tax if you pay in your state) and get a $5.99 ECB

Items Purchased
(1) Schick Hydro Razor
(1) Zyrtec
(1) Bayer Advanced Aspirin
(3) Motrin PM

Total retail before sales & coupons: $37.75
Total out of pocket: $1.01 + tax for a 97% savings
And a $5.99 ECB to start next week's shopping

If you didn't start with the $2.99 ECB, you will spend $4 with this scenario - an 89% savings

9 comments:

  1. I Love Your $5 Scenarios!!!

    Denise In Belleville

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ur ideas! thanks for taking the time to do this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do too!!!! For those weeks when finding time to sit down and plan, your scenarios are a life saver! :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a newbie.... these are awesome learning tools!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi All - I'm glad you find the $5 Scenario helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These ideas are fabulous and I use them all the time. However, let's hope everyone remembers to STEP ASIDE and let others check out if you are in the store during busy hours...unfortunately, many forget this...I just waited for 15 minutes behind a couponer who rolled 5 transactions, and then had the nerve to ask the store clerk to go in the back and scout around for Soft Scrub, Lots of seniors waiting at noon in a Sunday too. This gives couponers a bad name.. =(. Sorry for the vent...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anonymous - Oh, I agree with the Step Aside. I understand your vent. I hate it when a few can make all couponers look bad.

    I tend to hang around until it looks like the line has died down, tell the cahier how many transactions I'll be doing and/or rainchecks I'll need and let them know I will step aside if others need to check out. Yes, this takes me a bit longer to checkout, but the cashiers like my couponing attitue and bend over backwards to help me.

    Yesterday, when I entered the store, and was heading to the coupon machine, one of the clerks went and got Zyrtec off the shelf for me. He knew there was only one left and retrieved it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've found a way around "stepping aside" during busy times, since it gets so crowded sometimes up front and my CVS has a twitchy photo worker.. LOL!
    I get everything I need for one transaction, check out & ask cashier to set my reusable shopping bag with items in it aside behind the register with him/her. Then I go around and get the 2nd transaction items, get back in line and check out again. Go around and get 3rd transaction items, etc., etc.
    It really takes no longer than collecting everything all at once and stepping aside or returning to the back of the line. If I was fortunate enough to leave kids at home, then it's just a little "me time" and a little physical movement (exercise??) as I walk around the store! Cashiers seem to appreciate that I am not 'back-to-backing' transactions when it's busy and I like not hanging out in the front of the store trying to keep kids out of the candy and silly bands, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Darlene - Great idea! When cashier starting getting a little nervous because the line is backing up, they tend to make mistakes.

    ReplyDelete