Contact Me






Saturday, December 12, 2009

Walgreens Deals - Week of 12/13/09

Sale prices good December 13 - 19, 2009

There is another mid-week ad coming out on Wednesday. Although there won't be any FREE after Register Rewards items, you might want to put off any Walgreens shopping until then, because from Wednesday to Thursday only, you'll get a $5 Register Reward when you spend $25.

Remember, you can roll Register Rewards. Take a look at Quick Tip - Using Walgreens Register Rewards.

I highlight only the best deals. Take a look at Walgreens' full ad here (available on Sunday) or the ad scan at I Heart Wags.


:: Free this Week ::

Complete Multi-Purpose Solution, 12 oz. - $7.99
$1 - 10/25/09 RP
Receive $8 Register Reward (Abbott)
Final cost: $1 Money-Maker after coupon & Register Reward


:: Cheap this Week ::

Jell-O - .39 with in-ad coupon
.50 off 2 - HERE
Final price: .14 each

Campbell's Gravy - 2/$1 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 4 - HERE
Final price: .25 each when you buy 4

Lindsay Olives - .99 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 - HERE
Final price: .49 each when you buy 2

Coffee-Mate Liquid - 2/$3
$1 - HERE (use 2 if you can)
or $1.50 off 2 - HERE
Final price: .50 to .75 each when you buy 2

Progresso Soup - .99
$1.10 off 3 - HERE and HEREor $1 off 2 .50 off 2- 10/25/09 SS and 11/8/09 SS and 11/15/09 GM
Final price: .62 to .74 each

Gillette Fusion Razor - $8.99
$4 - 10/29/09 P&G
Receive $4 Register Reward (P&G)
Final cost: .99 each after coupon & Register Reward

General Mills Cereals - $1.99
Honey Nut Cheerios, Wheaties and Cinnamon Toast Crunch - pictured
$1 off Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Trix, Cocoa Puffs or Lucky Charms - (IE) HERE or (FF) HERE
Final price: .99 each

Ziplock Bags - $1.99 with in-ad coupon
15 to 25 Freezer or Storage, 100 pack Sandwich
$1 off 2 - 11/15/09 SS
Final price: $1.49 each
Qualifies for S. C. Johnson $5 Rebate

Nivea for Men - 2/$9
Body Wash, After Shave Balm, Lotion, Face Scrub of Wash
$1 off Nivea Body Product - 11/1/09 RP (use 2)
Receive $4 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Beiersdorf)
Final cost: $1.50 each after (2)coupons & Register Rewards

Robitussin or Dimetapp - 2/$10
$2 off Robitussin D - HERE (if Robitussin D is included in this sale)
$2 off Dimetapp - HERE
Receive $3 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Wyeth)
Final cost: $1.50 each after (2) coupons & Register Reward

Kotex Feminine Care - 2/$5
14 to 24 pack Maxi Pads, 64 pack Pantiliners or 18 pack Tampons
$2 off 2 Pads - 11/8/09 SS
or $1.50 off 2 Liners or Security Tampons - 11/8/09 SS
Final price: $1.50 to $1.75 each when you buy 2

Biotene Dental Care - $6.99
3.5 or 4.5 Toothpaste, 16 oz. Regular Mouthwash, 1.5 oz. Oralbalance Dry Mouth Moisturizer
$2 manufacturer coupon in Walgreens' Diabetes & You Magazine ** (page 11)
Receive $3 Register Reward (GlaxoSmithKline)
Final cost: $1.99 each
** This coupon is in the Diabetes & You magazine and not the coupon book. This free magazine is usually found by Walgreens pharmacy counter.

Hershey's Pot of Gold - 2/$9
$1 - 12/6/09 SS (use 2)
or $1 - HERE (manufacturer coupon with Target logo)
Receive $3 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Hershey)
Final cost: $2 each after (2) coupons & Register Reward

Playtex Sport or Gentle Glide Tampons, 36 pack - $7.99
$1 off Sport - 10/11/09 SS
or $1 off Gentle Glide - 10/11/09 SS
Receive $2 Register Reward (Playtex)
Final cost: $4.99 each after coupon & Register Reward

Huggies Training Pants - $8.99
$2 - HERE
Receive $2 Register Reward (Kimberly-Clark)
Final cost: $4.99 each after coupon & Register Reward

Huggies Jumbo Pack Diapers - $8.99
$2 - HERE
or $1.50 - 11/15/09 SS
Receive $2 Register Reward (Kimberly-Clark)
Final cost: $4.99 to $5.49 each after coupon & Register Reward


:: Filler Ideas ::

Christmas Pencils - .20 with in-ad coupon
Hunt's Tomato Sauce - .34 with in-ad coupon
Mars Candy Bars - .39 with in-ad coupon

20 comments:

  1. Are the huggies training pants a good deal? I'm just moving into the potty training world so would appreciate any help in determining a stock up price.
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa - Yep, if you have or can print the coupons!

    Jeri - There is a children's activity book (you have to buy it, if you can find it, but it's only $0.99. There are some Wags Qs in there that are until 3/10, including a $1 off Huggies Q. Makes for an even better deal. Even though I will mainly be using cloth, I am going to stock up on a few packs as I have some $3 Qs from the mail.

    ~Staci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another filler idea:
    6/$1 christmas sacks (actually the size of a brown bag/lunch bag). I used these this past week as fillers and they worked out great (they were 8/$1 w/in-ad Q)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori, Woo Hoo! Almost to the end of diapers. I have two teens so I'm not too familiar with great baby prices, but lots of my readers are. They are great at answering questions, so just ask away.

    Thanks, Staci for helping out Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Staci - I haven't posted about the Children's Activiy Book because I've never been able to find one. I've asked several managers and they have no idea what I'm talking about. Have you had luck in finding one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous - I love the sack as fillers also. I include them in my post when they are in the ad 8/$1. Are they regularly priced 8/$1 and if you buy one, what do they ring up as at regular price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeri - I bought 4 gift sacks the other day when they were 8/$1 with the in ad coupon. Shelf tag showed 4/$1 and they rang up .25 each before the coupon. They are nice bags, I filled them with goodies for my co-workers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Mars B1G1 MQ expire today, 12/13/09

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks CJ, I bought those many times before with the in-ad coupon. I don't know why I didn't think to look at an old reciept to see how they rang up.

    Thanks kas, I just made this deal my "deal of the day"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I posted this another place but will post here also. I think I have found out the reason for two different coupon book every month. If the store has a health care center they have a different monthly book than the ones without the health care center. For the most part the coupons are the same but occasionlly they are different.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynda, I think your on to something. I found the second book at a store with a health care center and a store without one said they had never seen it before - interesting. I hope you use your critical thinking skills in your profession. They are good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My store doesn't have a health care clinic yet every month it has both coupon books out by the ads.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jeri -

    I thought that might be the case with the Activity Book. I was fortunate enough to find them, but only at one or two stores that I looked at. I keep waiting for one of the cashiers to keep my Q, but hasn't happened yet. I have just kept them all attached and haven't had any problems. Just used the Huggies one today!

    ~Staci

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do they print the $5 RR before or after coupons are calculated?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, the theory of where you could find the other Walgreens coupon book sounded good. Maybe, some managers are better at reading their mail and putting out the books.

    Staci - They either went fast at the stores I shop or they never had them. I'm glad the cashier didn't keep you coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Marcella - The $5 RR last week printed before coupons. I sure hope it is the same this week, but with Walgreens you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  17. YMMV with using the activity book Q's. They state on the front of the Q that it's off of regular priced items only and $8.99 is a sale price. Your cashier might not notice, but be prepared that they might notice and can deny you use of the coupon. It WILL work without beeps, so this will be totally up to the cashier.

    You can also keep your receipts and submit for the Caregivers Marketplace rebate at the end of the year. www.caregiversmarketplace.com Your refund value is 75c per pack of Huggies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is not a bad price on the Huggies Training pants considering a pack is $9-$10. I try to save my pull ups coupons for Kmarts Double coupons, but they haven't had Dbl cpns in a while so don't let them expire. I usually buy my pull ups at Costco, $29 for 88.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jeri - I was at my store yesterday telling the staff to buy Olay Body Wash,Quench Lotion and 4 Stages toothbrushes on Wed/Thurs for 25/5; they didn't have the Activity book, but the AM wanted to 4 digit code for the toothbrushes - he was going to buy some for his kids. BTW, there's a rebate offer for the Quench Lotion (google it) - buy it with the PG q.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it when I find store employees who either coupon or what to. They make the shopping expierence so much better.

    Thanks for the Quench info.

    ReplyDelete