Contact Me






Saturday, December 12, 2009

Coupon Preview - 12/13/09

Sunday's St Louis Post-Dispatch has three coupon inserts - a SmartSource, a Red Plum and a General Mills.

Also, don't miss the McDonalds ad in the paper; it has a couple of coupons for free items - FREE Premium Roast Coffee, Tea or Soft Drink any size and FREE medium Hot or Iced McCafe Coffee or Hot Chocolate

Some of my favorite coupons this week:


  • FREE single roll or Marcal Small Steps towel or facial tissue or $1 off towel, napkin or facial tissue - I've never found the single rolls in town, but I like to use this coupon for $1 off napkins at Dierbergs. They aren't napkins to get out for company, but they will do for everyday use.

  • $3 on any Abreva - I love high value coupons. I don't know what Abreva usually sells for, but with this coupon, there will have to be a great deal somewhere.

  • $1 off Fisher Nut product - There have been quite a few of these coupons lately. Dierbergs has the best selection of Fisher products and they put them on sale. As a bonus, this coupon has a 6/30/10 expiration date.

  • $1 off any Rimmel Product - Walgreens has Rimmel eye of lip cosmetics 50% off this coming week. There could possibly be a great deal with this coupon.


  • $1 on any ReNu Solution - Still have time today to use this coupon at Walgreens to make money buying ReNu.

  • $1 off Pillsbury Simply Refrigerated Cookie Dough - If this product gets included in a Catalina deal, this coupon will be a good one to have.

  • $1 off 2 Kellogg's Cereals - Three different coupons. $1/1 is better, but you should still be able to get a good price on cereal with these coupons

  • $1 off 2 Keebler Crackers or Cheez-Its - Crackers are on sale everywhere this time of year.

  • $1 off 2 Nabisco Crackers - I love competing coupons out at the same time. I think they will be competing with great sale prices also.

  • $1 off 2 Durkee seasonings or extracts - Schnucks has had quite a few Durkee products on sale for $1. I should be able to pick up some more spices at .50 each with this coupon.

  • .75 off 6 oz. + French's French Fried Onions - This is probably the only time of year you will see coupon for this product.

  • .50 off Heluva Good! Dip or Cheese - It is heluva good! This is my favorite dip. I won't buy any other brand since I tried Heluva Good!.

  • .35 off Betty Crocker Potatoes - Schnucks puts these on sale often for $1 - a doubled coupon make for .30 potatoes.

What favorite coupons do you see in this weeks inserts? If you see a coupon you know you'll get a great deal with please leave a comment.

Remember: You want multiple coupons to use when a product is at a rock bottom price. When it's a good coupon insert week, I purchase 4 or 5 papers and sometimes acquire more. At first, I thought it was crazy to spend money to save money. But I've always saved much more than my $1 investment.

DEAL$ and Dollar Tree sell the Sunday Post-Dispatch for $1. The early edition is published on Saturday and it includes all the coupon inserts. And they usually still have Sunday papers left on Monday. Find the Deal$ or Dollar Tree closest to you.

21 comments:

  1. Typically, those Micky D coupons aren't with the Journal paper inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeri - I think you meant 6/30/10 on that Fisher nut Q. =)

    The Renu Q says 12 oz. or larger. Do you think it would still work for the 8 oz. two pack? I need to make one more Wags run today.

    ~Staci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staci - Thanks for catching my mistake. Too bad I don't have someone to proof read before I post.

    I don't know about the ReNu Q. I posted this without refrencing the size on the Walgreens sale. I should have checked that before I posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeri,

    There are great Fannie May Candy coupons in the paper. $10 off any store purchase - I bought one bag of milk chocolate santas and two chocolate lollypops for around 70 cents. There is also a $10 off online plus free shipping. I love free chocolate - even better when it's the good stuff!

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maureen - Great deal! Are the Fannie May coupon in this Sunday's paper? Do you have to us them at a Fannie May store?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Fannie May coupons were in this Sunday's paper. Perhaps they are regional. My mom had one delivered in her paper (Town and Country) and also in the paper I purchased at Deals in Elisville. There are two coupons - one $10 for store and one $10 for online. It can't be combined with discounted items online so the online deals weren't as good as the in store. Also - Old Navy insert in paper has a 30% off one item coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Fanny May coupons and Old Navy coupon weren't in the paper I picked up yesterday in the City or in the paper deliverd this morning.

    All I got was a free cup of coffee at McDonalds. Looks like I'm going to have to pick up that free cup of coffee and head to the suburbs for my candy coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Schnucks upcoming sales items, according to the Carbondale ad.

    Durkee Pure Vanilla Extract 1 oz. @$.99 Limit 2
    Durkee Cooking or Baking Spices half-off
    BC Specialty Potatoes @$1.20

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excited about Durkee prices. Too bad BC potaotes aren't $1. Maybe that is the sale price of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those extra items were in the P-D papers that I grabbed up at NC Wags. Also I found those psueso-Journals in a box and the Micky D sheet was included. It shame everyone out in the county can get all those ads and coupon inserts, while the attitude of the Journal staff is that the city folks are slobs and would just litter the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just now sent my husband to the county to buy a Post-Dispatch. I bribed him by telling him it was worth free chocolate.

    The Journals attitude might be correct. When I was a den leader for Cub Scouts and the kids were really wound, we would head to a park a few blocks away and pick up litter on the way. Most of what we picked up were the freebie newspapers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo Hoo! My husband just go back from his expidition to the county and found the Fanny May Coupon. It is amazing how many ad are in the county paper we never get in the city - Walmart, Godmans, Old Navy and maybe more. Don't these advertisers know city resident shop in the county. Besides the Target and a very small Penny's at Hampton Village there are no other places to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jeri- Next time you are by a public library, go find the local Haines Criss + Cross Directory in the reference area. It's like a reverse phone book, except it provide alot of marketing info.

    http://www.haines.com/

    I would tell the Journal management where the carriers are dumping the leftovers, except why ruin a good thing. Even P-D carriers get lazy and don't return the extra papers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I live in Chesterfield and my mom lives about 2 miles away also in
    Chesterfield. She receives a lot
    of ads and coupon inserts I do
    not receive in my Sunday Post.
    I really enjoy and look forward to your e-mail. Keep up the awesome hunting for specials.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous - What ads are in which papers makes no sense to me. I thought it was just the City that was on the short end of the stick.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The P-D is so screwy, they'll drop off Sunday papers at the Schnucks in Columbia, MO and the coupon inserts will be from the prior week. Anyway, the KC Star has better values on the MQ.

    Check to see if your Sunday paper contain the Harbor Freight Tool ad. There is a coupon for a free 3.5" LED flashlight and also a 20% off a single item. Most items sold by company are Chinese made junk and should only be purchase if money is an issue. So your YMMV on anything in the ad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anyone wanting extra of those Mickey D coupon sheets, grab the current St. Louis American. Usually, most B&M in the city and north county have a nice stack on a red rack.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi kas,

    Great idea. I'm assuming the St Louis American is a freebie paper?

    Help me out. What does B&M mean. My brain is fried with all the extra things to do preparing for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. To Jeri and others,

    B&M is web speak for bricks and mortars or a merchant that still does it the old fashion way. The American is a free paper directed at black people and typically found at the exit of those B&M. Now if you're mention on page 1 of the St. Louis Argus, you probably done something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My error on confusing the St. Louis Argus with the Evening World.

    http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2008/04/the-saint-louis.html (four letter word in the comment section)

    ReplyDelete
  21. kas - Duh, I should have been able to decode B&M. Anymore, if you get on the front page of any paper you've probably done something wrong.

    ReplyDelete