Contact Me






Friday, June 17, 2011

Saved 99% at Shop 'n Save

Some week's the stars align and grocery shopping is fantastic.  This was one of THOSE weeks at Shop 'n Save.

Before sales & coupon: $291.67
Spent: $3.76 + tax for a 99 % savings

Five trips to Shop 'n Save and use:
  • $10 off $50 Thursday promotion
  • Used (5)  a $5 off $50 coupon from the Entertainment Book each trip
  • Used (5)  $20 Catalina coupon from the Gift Card Catalina Deal - Who know reshingling the garage could be so helpful to the grocery budget.?
  • Each trip I used about $15 worth of coupons and the ConAgra or Dole Catalina coupons to bring by total to as close as $0.00 as possible.
Items purchased
(10) Bushs Baked Beans
(10) Rice A Roni  Rice Mixes
(10) Candy Bars
(8) Dole Tropical Fruit
(8) Orville Redenbacher Micro Popcorn
(8) bottles of Fuze
(5) Sweet Baby Ray's Marinades
(4) Creamette Quick Cook Pasta
(4) Club Crackers
(4) Dole Mandarin Oranges
(4) International Delight Flavored Creamers
(4) pkgs of Ivory Soap
(3) Ken's Salad Dressing
(3) 20 oz. Diet Cokes
(3) Crunch 'n Munch
(3) Rotel Tomatoes
(2) David Sunflower Seed
(2) Hunt's Ketchup
(2) Skippy Peanut Butter
(2) Campbell's Soups
(2) Land O Frost Deli Meat
(2) pkgs. of Lean Ground Beef
(2) Claussen Pickles
(2) Pam Cooking Spray
(2) Lay's Chips
(2) Grande Tortilla Chips
(2) Marzetti Simply Salad Dressing
(2) Alouette Blue Cheese
(2) Fresh Express Bags of Salad
(2) Kraft Mac & Cheese
(2) Hunter Hot Dogs
(2) pkgs. of Johnsonville Brats
(2) #'s of Butter
(2) Swiffer refills
(2) 50 ct. pkgs. of Garbage Bags
(1) Zia's Italian Beef
(1) Gorton's Fish
(1) Pepperidge Farms Rolls
(1) Starkist Tuna Pouch
(1) Redi Whip
(1) 2 liter Diet Coke
(1) Ramen Noodles
(1) Mr Clean Eraser

18 comments:

  1. ~ On Hands & Knees Bowing ~ U Rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- GREAT job! I am crazy impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say you are going to have more money in your splurge funds this week. Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok you are gonna make me do it again----


    Jeri Jeri Jeri Jeri---

    You did AWESOME =)

    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi All - This shopping trip was pretty easy with (5) $20 Catalinas. I think SNS did this same type of deal around Xmas last year. So, if you have a major expense coming up and can wait out one of these types of deals, it is well worth it.

    I have (3) $20 Catalinas for next week. I just hope I can come up with $45 in coupons to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it's already been said, but I just can't not repeat it...WOW!!! You're too humble to say it was 'easy' with the $20 cats. I too had plenty of the $20 cats, but didn't get anywhere near that low! Great job working the deal:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They did it the week of Black Friday last year. The following week was not a $10 off week, but they did the GC deal that week too, only receiving $10 back the next week was $10 off. Does that make sense?

    You did a great job & I k ow it is an awesome feeling to look at that kind of savings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melissa - I pulled coupons for anything I might want to buy, and used a few coupons for a free product, after that I just hunted for things family memebers wanted or things needed for the pantry.

    There were many things on my "possibly buy" list I couldn't bring myself to pay for - $7.50 Oscar Mayer Bacon. I never pay much attention to regular prices. I can't believe how expensive some products have gotten.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great memory Tonya! I knew there was some deal around the holiday's but couldn't remember the details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was my best week ever because of the $20 coupon. My total for $51.00 in groceries was $6.53. I have NEVER come close to that. I had to buy gift cards anyway so it was a major bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite impressive, especially with the high prices in St. Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job, Mary!

    Hi Kristen - Even though St Louis area stores don't double any coupons over $0.40, it's still possible to save a ton of money. You just have to look at things differently.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SOOO, the question is, will SNS allow use of more than on $20 GC Cat per transaction?? I used 3 in one transaction last week, no problem; my daughter tried to use 2 in one transaction at the St. Peters' store and they declined. What's up with all the different policies? Why should they give a rats' behind?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jackie - The $20 Catalina coupon does say "Limit one coupon per transaction, per day"

    I haven't wanted to use more than one per transaction. Good thing they didn't limit me to the per day.

    ReplyDelete