Contact Me






Monday, October 31, 2011

Aldi Produce Picks - Week of 10/30/11


October 30- November 5, 2011

I'm loving the cheap cauliflower at Aldi.  They aren't the biggest heads ever seen, but a great buy at $0.89 each.

I also found butter for $1.99 a pound this week.  I haven't seen that good a price on butter for a very long time.

Every week, Aldi has 4 to 6 Produce Picks that are priced lower than you what you will ever see elsewhere.  If you are close to an Aldi, it worth the time to stop in to pick some up. 

Aldi now has their local ads online.   Produce Pick start on Sunday and Special Buys on Wednesday.  If you're not in the St Louis area, check your local area's ad for prices and dates.


:: Aldi Produce Picks ::

Bananas - $0.29 lb.
Avocado - $0.39
Broccoli Crowns (14 oz) - $0.79
Cauliflower - $0.89 head
Romaine Hearts (3 ct) - $0.99
Grape Tomatoes (10 oz) - $0.99

If you haven't shopped at Aldi, or it has been awhile:
1. Make sure you have a quarter to unlock a shopping cart. The carts are like luggage carts at the airport. You rent them for a quarter, and you get your quarter back when you return the cart.
2. Take your own bags. Aldi does not provide free bags for your groceries.
3. Aldis now accepts debit cards.
4. Aldis does not accept coupons

If you buy something at Aldi you are not please with, they have a double guarantee. If for any reason, you are not 100% satisfied with any product, they will replace the product AND refund your money. More info HERE.

7 comments:

  1. Great week on produce. Their Romaine Hearts are very good. I buy them alot. That is an awesome price on butter. I will be stocking up on that this week for holiday baking and cooking. And, more cauliflower!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think to check the butter yesterday when I went. I did pick up some avocados. They are hard but a few days in a bag should take care of that and we can have some homemade guacamole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhonda - I have a question I'm sure you can answer. Does cauliflower freeze well? I'm thinking at $0.89 it would be nice to have some down the road to make soup with, but don't know if the fresh would be better than just buying frozen. I'm not too crazy about bagged frozen cauliflower. I think it tastes really strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeri,

    It should do just fine. I am planning on doing that too. I almost have to since I am the only one in the house that eats it. Actually, you could make your soup and freexe it for up to 3 months. The best place to check on it is the USDA website. They have all kinds of helpful hints. You have me really intrigued about this soup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rhonda

    I'm not sure I would be happy with the soup frozen, since it has half & half in it. With this cheap of cauliflower, not much to loose even if I didn't like it after being frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My store had cream cheese on reduced price of $.89 this week! $2 butter, too! Oh, and bananas were $.29 a pound! (The downer was that eggs were $1.49)

    ReplyDelete