Contact Me






Saturday, October 22, 2011

Couponing for Charity - Vegetables, Chili & Tuna


I budget $5 per week to buy  items I'm going to donate to charity.  I've been focusing on food items because I'm going to donate my purchases to  Scouting for Food  in November.  The Boy Scouts can't make it any easier to donate when they stop and pick up at your door.

Here is what I got this week.  See the coupon-match ups.

8 cans of Green Beans
5 cans of Chili
2 cans of Tuna

Regular shelf price:  $20.86
Spent:  $4.96 + tax
76% savings

Did you pick up anything this week to donate to charity?  If you did, please leave a comment.

Having problems posting  a comment?  See my Leave a Comment post with a quick fix to the problem.

5 comments:

  1. I love that you are collecting for charity! I spend about $5-$10 each week for a dear friend who has fallen on some very tough times (we recently found out he had nothing to eat but oatmeal and bologna for several weeks). This week I sent over toilet paper, laundry detergent, several cans of chili, noodles, tuna, and a package of bacon. I also sent over a few other misc. items from my stockpile that I know he needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you are couponing for charity! Its something that I did before & will again, once we get over the issues we've had most of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didnt get much at the stores this week. But I did donate some formula and diaper samples and a few cans of food to the Hands Across Kirkwood collection drive today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently got a $10 ECB for doing a CVS.com survey so I used it today for Couponing For Charity. Got 2 Green Giant corn, 2 Kraft Mac & Cheese, Lipton noddle soup mix, 1 Chef Boyardee ravioli and 1 Welchs grape jelly. Will donate all to Scouting For Food next month. Thanks to Jeri for encouraging us to donate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi All - It's great to hear what you're doing to help others. I'm sure it's all greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete