Contact Me






Monday, February 27, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 2/27/12




Monday: Corn & Cheese Chowder, Fresh Fruit
  • I made this soup last week and it was big hit, so I stopped at Aldi on Saturday to pick up more cheap peppers. I think my family could eat this soup every week.
Tuesday: Oven Fried Chicken, Long Grain & Wild Rice (Rice-A-Roni)
  • Last month, I picked up Panko Bread Crumbs (for next to nothing) and haven't  used them.  I did a google search for chicken and Panko and one of the first recipes to come up was from Paula Dean.  I don't think I can go wrong with a recipe from Paula.
Wednesday:  Spaghetti, Green Salad (Ragu), Garlic Bread

Thursday: Orange Chicken (Wanchai Ferry Dinner Kit), Steamed Rice, Broccoli

Friday:  Ham Fried Rice 
  • I didn't get around to make this dish last week, so I'll put it back on the menu for this week. 
Saturday:  Gone
  • My husband and I are volunteering for an event to raise money for my sons' school's athletic department.   My son is on his own for dinner.  Life does get easier - at times - with a teen in the house.
Sunday: BBQ Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes, Frozen Veggie
  • Pioneer Woman made these BBQ Meatball this past Saturday on her Food TV show.  Too bad she dosen't post Menu Plan Monday, I could just follow hers. 
What's for dinner at your house this week? 

If you would like more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

14 comments:

  1. I made Pioneer Woman's BBQ meatballs for dinner last night. They were yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy - I love Pioneer Women TV show and the things she cooks. I would imagine lots of people are having BBQ Meatballs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having a few yummy GF meals: Chicken & Rice with Cheese Sauce (last night, actually), Fiesta Chicken with Rice and Pizza Sloppy Joes...

    http://ourfrugalhappylife.blogspot.com/2012/02/menu-plan-226-chicken-rice-with-cheese.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby and I are trying to follow a WeightWatchers plan. On the schedule for this week are some new recipes I'm excited to try:

    Baked Chicken Nuggets (yes we're adults :))
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/healthy-baked-chicken-nuggets.html#more

    Pepper & Goat Cheese Frittata
    http://www.laaloosh.com/2012/01/03/bell-pepper-and-goat-cheese-frittata-recipe/

    Chicken Greek Salad
    http://www.laaloosh.com/2011/04/04/low-calorie-greek-salad-recipe-with-chicken/

    Plus leftover tacos tonight. I could eat tacos every night if it didn't mean I'd weigh 800 pounds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Emily & Jen for sharing you dinner plans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are having tuna noodle casserole tonight! I had a procedure test today as an outpatient and a girlfriend surprised us with dinner. Lucky me that I don't have to cook and to have such a thoughtful friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise - What a great friend. I hope you're feeling better soon.

      Delete
  7. Monday - Chicken parm - hubby made it!!!!
    Tuesday - pork roast, scalloped potato and veggie
    Wednesday - portobello mushroom risotto
    Thursday - not sure yet
    Friday - not sure yet

    Going food shopping Wednesday so will decide before Wednesday what to have Thursday and Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have your hubby teach mine how to make Chicken parm. Things always taste better when someone else cooks them.

      Delete
  8. Picking up my free Papa Johns pizza tonight from the Super Bowl promotion, it will be several meals this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved that Papa John promotion!

      Delete
    2. Jeri - Papa Johns isnt my favorite but free pizza is free pizza :)

      Delete
  9. I'm late but here's my week:

    Monday: Sam's chicken and salad with mac'n'cheese
    Tuesday: Lasagna and garlic bread (My husband's grandparents aren't well so I made extra. Lasagna is our go-to delivery food recipe. He will drop it off today)
    Wednesday: crock pot chicken taco
    Thursday: Something, maybe brinner. My kids were asking about pancakes.
    Friday: Pasta Fagoli and probably get that free pizza from Papa Johns. My boys aren't huge pasta fagoli fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As my boys say - I live under a rock. I had never heard of Pasta Fagoli before, so I had to look it up. Sounds good to me!

      Delete